USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smart Park

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ace sandoval

ace sandoval

Smart Park Empty
PostSubject: Smart Park   Smart Park EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Fuel usage in the Philippines is increasing even though fuel prices are soaring too. many people are practicing fuel saving activities such as planning the route ahead of time. it is evident that most of the people if not all wants to cut their fuel usage and now switching to alternative means of transport. unwanted use of fuel may be considered a sin.

i would share an experience when we went inside a parking lot of a mall. we took nearly an hour looking for a vacant parking space inside the building. i had observed that a driver may have a hard time "guessing" if a parking space is available on a certain section of the parking lot because the driver may lack the line of sight that may help him determine the vacancy of the parking space. one scenario is a large van may block. we may say that the driver has a 50-50 chance to park on that space. he may see a car already parked on that space thus he had used fuel that can be saved if he has a better chance of determining the availability of a parking space. same happens when he decides to drive away from that said space not knowing that it is really vacant. he may have saved a quantity of fuel.

i propose to develop a system that may solve that problem. it is planned that each parking space would have a sensor that would determine the vacancy of the parking lot and a screen that informs the driver the status of a certain parking section in the building.
Back to top Go down
eyesee

eyesee

Smart Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smart Park   Smart Park EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:44 am

ace sandoval wrote:
Fuel usage in the Philippines is increasing even though fuel prices are soaring too. many people are practicing fuel saving activities such as planning the route ahead of time. it is evident that most of the people if not all wants to cut their fuel usage and now switching to alternative means of transport. unwanted use of fuel may be considered a sin.

i would share an experience when we went inside a parking lot of a mall. we took nearly an hour looking for a vacant parking space inside the building. i had observed that a driver may have a hard time "guessing" if a parking space is available on a certain section of the parking lot because the driver may lack the line of sight that may help him determine the vacancy of the parking space. one scenario is a large van may block. we may say that the driver has a 50-50 chance to park on that space. he may see a car already parked on that space thus he had used fuel that can be saved if he has a better chance of determining the availability of a parking space. same happens when he decides to drive away from that said space not knowing that it is really vacant. he may have saved a quantity of fuel.

i propose to develop a system that may solve that problem. it is planned that each parking space would have a sensor that would determine the vacancy of the parking lot and a screen that informs the driver the status of a certain parking section in the building.

not new ... pls reconsider ..
Back to top Go down
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

Smart Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smart Park   Smart Park EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

ace sandoval wrote:

waahh.. I've seen this on mall of asia. I was amazed, the sensors are placed on top, if the space is occupied the light turns red if not its green. It was really easier to distinguish if the parking area has still rooms for cars. hihi wala lang..share lang..lolz
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Smart Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smart Park   Smart Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Smart Park
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USEP-IC  :: OPEN DISCUSSIONS/CONSULTATIONS :: Extended Research Topics-
Jump to: