USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate Mariel Dizon

Kate Mariel Dizon

FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology Empty
PostSubject: FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology   FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:50 pm

EDIT: By the way, my proposal's title is only temporary. Still waiting for comments from RSG. Haha. It was inspired by FeedBurner. If there's FeedBurner, then I thought I'd make mine FeedTexter. Very Happy

I had my first consultation yesterday, September 15, and my second consultation today, September 16. I would just like to post here as updates the things I learned from my first two consultations. Very Happy

Things I learned from my first two consultations:

- Begin the introduction by giving a brief statement about your proposal. This gives the readers an insight to what they will be reading about in the rest of the paper.

- The situational analysis should present the situation in three different levels (global, national and local) and should be incorporated into the background of the study.

- Each level should be able to present substantial information about the current situation or problem you are trying to solve.

- At the end of the introduction, state the motivation for conducting the study. State also the urgency of the study - why study this now? Why not yesterday? Why not tomorrow? Finally, give a general statement of the significance of the study.

- The significance of the study should include the beneficiaries of the study from the macro level to the micro. The last is the researcher himself.

- There should be a general objective of the study. This is just a brief statement of what the study aims to achieve. It is followed by the specific objectives which, based on my understanding, are ordered chronologically. Of course, they should follow the SMART principle.

- The specific objectives do not include ones like "to reduce the energy consumption.... yadda yadda" because we are still in the proposal stage. Objectives like the one before are only achievable when the final product of the study is already being used. Since we are still in the proposal/development stage, we are advised to set objectives that are within the scope of development.

So I guess that's about everything. Those were the things that I learned from my first two consultations for my research proposal. I hope that it won't be long before my introduction is approved. Haha. Very Happy

Last edited by Kate Mariel Dizon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://katemarieldizon.blogspot.com/
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Jalil O. Paniamba-an

PostSubject: Re: FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology   FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:15 am

Jalil Paniamba-an likes this. (murag facebook)

uhm joking aside, this is a nice post you have here kate. The other groups that will still be having their consultations still will know what they(or should I say, we) will be presenting.

This will surely enlighten the other groups on the content that they will be showing on their respective consultations.

hehehe...
Back to top Go down
Kate Mariel Dizon

Kate Mariel Dizon

PostSubject: PROCEEDING TO RRL   FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Yay!!! cheers Today, after having my third consultation with RSG for my research proposal, I got the GREEN LIGHT for the Review of Related Literature. It was not only me - there were two other groups who were also given the green light for the RRL.

Additional things I learned from today's consultation:

- The objectives of the study should have some bearing to the theme "Green Computing". So I just have to restate statements like "to reduce the energy consumption... yadda yadda".

- It's okay to pass a handwritten paper for checking as long as the writing is legible and the work is done neatly. Very Happy

My introduction is not yet 100% error-free - I still have some revisions to do. But I guess they're minor enough to allow me to receive the GO signal for the RRL. Haha.

Basically, the RRL has the schematic diagram or framework of your study. It does not necessarily follow the IV-DV model, but should include all important factors in your research.

In the sample shown to me by RSG, the author used the IV-DV model. For the IV, the author listed all IVs and cited the title, author and year of studies/articles related to that particular IV. The same was true for the DV. It was appropriate for that type of research because I think it was more of a social research. However, for my research proposal this time, since we are doing more technical research, I think the IV-DV model is not the appropriate diagram to use. I think my framework/diagram is going to be more contemporary - something that will fit the design of my study better but will still clearly show the relationships of the factors involved in my study.

These are my updates so far. And I'd like to thank Jalil for appreciating my updates. I do hope that by doing this, the other groups can learn from my mistakes. Haha. But you still really have to go through with RSG in person to get the hang of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kate Mariel Dizon

Kate Mariel Dizon

PostSubject: Re: FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology   FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm currently working on my Review of Related Literature and I'd have to say that it's harder than I thought. Whew!

Anyway, I was keen on following the APA format for citing references within the text. I am unsure, however, of what the schematic diagram should look like and consist but I am doing my best to come up with a diagram that will best present the literature I will include in my study.

Also, during my search for literature, I stumbled upon very relevant articles about RSS to SMS technology and I will definitely include them in my literature review. However, I also did not overlook the "environmental impact" of my study as this was actually one of my mistakes in the Introduction part. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology   FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology Empty

Back to top Go down

FEEDTEXTER: A Fusion of Feed and Text Messaging Technology
Page 1 of 1