USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)

Go down 
+36
Alfredo V. Ala-an
basith_jumat
kristine_delatorre
aeros salaga
rowell_pines
Jovanne Nick Cacayan
jerald jean pullos
Stihl Lhyn Samonte
Marlie E. Sisneros
Jezreel Jyl P. Hilado
Gleizelle Jen Dieparine
Chris Romarate
Joseph Ethel Valdez
Ariel Serenado
desiree
creza_jill_bulacito
brian c. namuag
Norena T. Nicdao
neil rey c. niere
shane sacramento
Sheila Capacillo
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo
John Paul Pulido
sharlyn joy pines
jojimie
Russel John Serrano
amielou.falcon
katherine eng lajom
alma cabase
Maria Theresa F. Rulete
carla comoda
florenzie_palma
Jevelyn Labor
juvilynconsejo
Shiela Marie P. Nara
eyesee
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eyesee

eyesee

Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) Empty
PostSubject: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Based on your answers in Assignments 2 and 3, how can the university help you achieve what you want to be in the future?
Back to top Go down
Shiela Marie P. Nara

Shiela Marie P. Nara

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Assignment 4 in HRM

Think of the future; develop a job description for a job you would like to hold. Using the internet, examine five different online job services and write a brief evaluation of each, which do you like best and why? The preceding statements are our second and third assignment in HRM respectively.

In connection with that, we are asked to write our own thoughts on how the university can help us achieve what we want to be in the future.

Basically, the university can help us achieve our long term goals in many ways. First is by setting standards on which students must strive hard to achieve. Another is by providing us a good environment in studying. Also, by providing us our physical needs in education like proper classrooms, building, infrastructures, facilities, equipments, books and other references. Considering that this is a state university, its projects should also be concerned on the benefits of the students. Another is that, aside from teaching academics in theoretical way, it’s also good that students are exposed to the practical as early as college. So that they will be prepared on what the reality after college life

Based on my experience, whenever we had a computer laboratory, we seem to cram and compete on the computer units because the computers to users (students) ration are not 1:1. Meaning we lack the numbers working properly, and when we already have computers with us, we work on our laboratory until an unfortunate event happen, the computers will hang and even restarts having the users unable to save their works until the time limits already consumed. Also when we have assignments in other subjects, we sometimes go to the library to search for the answers. Only to find out that they lack the references we need that made us sometimes skeptic to go to the library anymore. Instead, we searched in the internet.

I’m not saying this as a complaint in my university rather it’s exposing the truth. However, I understand it because as a state university, it depends on the support of the government. The government support and the management of the university reflect on the situation of the institution.

Even though the university has the scarcity in terms of its infrastructures and equipments, it can still produce competitive graduates. It made me realize that this said fact has also advantages. Some of these are to enable us to strive hard and succeed amid scarcity. It also teaches us many things like hard work, patience, proper time management and other values. As an IT student it also teaches me to think on what I should be, a decision maker, problem solver, solutions provider and not trouble maker. These values as we know could really help in successfully achieving our goals.

Whatever circumstances I face in taking this course in this university, and whatever my job is in the future be it a database administrator or the other way around, I would still be proud of my university.

my blog:
http://shielamariepnara.blogspot.com/2009/07/assignment-4-in-hrm.html

Last edited by Shiela Marie P. Nara on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
juvilynconsejo

juvilynconsejo

PostSubject: universities' purpose unto me   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 pm

University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP- Tagum and Obrero) in this institution I can say that it helps me in enhancing more my knowledge and to pursue my degree.

Even if I lost money for me to enrolled in the said campus but I looked in the optimist side and that is, I gain more knowledge. In connection with that, not only for the campus in which I have a place to learned but also for the teachers and facilitators who guided us and share their knowledge for us to learn somehow other teachers is still studying in order to learn more just for their students.

But the question there is how?

The particular campus could help such students if and only if, the facilities can accommodate them such as computers in a laboratory and chairs inside the class, well ventilated of lights (in case of night comes), a cool room and a nice teacher.

As an IT student, it will help me much if a device especially the computer will have a longer hours to be use for my assignments and projects as well as the final paper. It is also important the internet connections will not always hang (it is one of the problem I encountered). And also environment will make "makaisa" with me. Perhaps that all I can say for now....... Smile Very Happy

Last edited by juvilynconsejo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://juvilyn-juvilyn.blogspot.com/
Jevelyn Labor

Jevelyn Labor

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:42 am

Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 369014tadj2nu9ax I’ve made my commitment: I’m willing to bleed for itAssignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 369014tadj2nu9ax

Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 1201582ret8e1a014Making up a fulfillment: still searching where I should go Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 1201582ret8e1a014

In my path to success, I believe that USEP is a real big help in fulfilling my visions and dreams in life. Other people would ask me… “ Asa ka nagskwela gang?”… then I would answer “USEP teAssignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 1244822ymw0tw0cap”… they would reply unto my answer “Hala! Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 1159816d4m422s41qBright diay ka gang”… and again I would say with a lil joke “ Sila ra man te haha”… with that simple conversation, it makes me feel proud for my university in which people believe that the school where I study is a school with wide intelligence and an institution of higher learning.Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 2234962j5w4w5s2uj

In my course BSIT, I would like to be a web graphic designer or any job that will be associated with designing. Maybe our subjects do not mainly touch my desired job in the future. But through the professional way of teachingAssignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 355349b1jp6clj01, developmental honing of students, promotion of advance studies, basis of discipline, I know that the university would guide me in a way that each learning and sermons would merely be tattooed inside my being haha! It seems to be an exaggerated praise for my university, but that’s what I believe.

Im not a supercalifragilisticexpialidouxious genius wonder kid, but I am willing to learn from the things that I should be dealing with in the future.

MAKING YAR UNIBERSIDAD PROUD!!! Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) 1523817ya2hd2n1lj
Back to top Go down
http://www.tipukling3.blogspot.com
florenzie_palma

florenzie_palma

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:31 am

USeP: A stepping stone towards success

“Freedom of inquiry, freedom of discussion, and freedom of teaching - without these a university cannot exist” Robert Maynard Hutchins

Learning institutions were promulgated, primarily to help students to achieve their long term goals and guide their constituents to their career track. But how the academe can help the students thrive in their chosen career?

Apparently, the university sets standards and formulates different strategies in producing productive and globally competitive individuals. In addition, the academia must provide a conducive and good learning haven that will motivate the students to strive harder in studying. Also, the state of the art facilities, infrastructure, information powerhouse, equipments and other things are necessary so that the students can recuperate their skills and capabilities in their field of specialization.

More to the point, the professors has also a factor in molding us cogently. They must have effective teaching strategies and must be innovative in teaching; not only embracing theoretical approach but also they must integrate application of theory. Discipline and moral amalgamation are beneficial for the holistic development of the students.

However, the above-mentioned factors are useless without the cooperation of the students itself, what matters most is the willingness and determination of an individual to succeed. They must possess desired demeanor and appropriate values in order to achieve the glowing torch of victory.

Undeniably, the university is lacking of material resources such as computers, classrooms, chairs, reference books, and many others, which makes an impediment to the totality and betterment of learning. The students find a hard time making projects, assignments, and researches and even during laboratories due to the dearth of materials.

Moreover, there are also superfluous rules mandated in the school which makes it as a barrier in effective learning, such as the prohibition of plugging-in the laptops inside the university premises. In my own notion, these rules must be expunged and put into amendments. As an alternative, it must allow the students to avail the electric power, since it does not consume a large amount of electricity, why not the students can benefit out of it?

This is not a protest against the university, instead this is just only an avowal to the management and administration of the university to make them conscious and invite them to cultivate facilities that university lacks.

Despite of the scarcities, it can still manufacture and mold globally competitive students and help them achieve what they want to be. On the Inaugural Address of John F. Kennedy dated January 20,1961, he stresses out that

“Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.”

My fellow USePians: ask not what the university will do for you, but what together we can do for the success of the university to produce globally competitive and morally upright graduates.

I had also discovered that the teachers in this university were guided by different teaching principles and strategies and acquired varied degrees and programs but they were join by one similar objective: a prudent crystallization of smart and brilliant USePians.

Truly, they are the pillars working for the success of every student, who, at their perspective, have the right to access a quality of education to their beloved USePians. If I will be a triumphant of I what I want to be, whether a “web developer” or a “web designer”, still I am proud that I am a true-blooded USePian.

“No man should escape our universities without knowing how little he knows.” J. Robert Oppenheimer

cheers MY BLOG http://florenzie-palma.blogspot.com/

Last edited by florenzie_palma on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
carla comoda

carla comoda

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:17 am

Good day...
bounce
All of us want to achieve our dreams...
honestly when I enter my college life in USEP it was really hard for me to adjust because during my high school days I did not felt a pressure at all and frankly speaking I am not studious person but when I came at this University all the hardships of being a student is all present in this University that’s why I learn to make things/assignments ahead of time ika nga “do not wait for the deadline” and it really helps me to be a responsible student. Besides this university which is University of Southeastern Philippines(USEP-obrero campus) a standard university teach me to be a good example of other students, I know only myself can help me to achieve what I want in the future but above all of this GOD is the center of all the success. I am lucky because I enroll at USEP although it is really hard to graduate in this university but I really learn a lot especially in this subject I learn to face a professional person and to have an interview in a certain company. The question being asks how the university helps me to achieve what I want to be in the future ahm... as an IT student it is very important to have a computer laboratory. It helps in making a research, an assignment and fortunately the university has given us a chance to use this equipment which is the computers, and it is one way that the university help us to achieve our dreams in the future and in this way we can enhance our ability and we can practice and study our lessons so that in the future we will be good in what job or career we choose.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quinkaye.blogspot.com
Maria Theresa F. Rulete

Maria Theresa F. Rulete

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am

It was stated on my Assignment 2 and 3 on HRM that I would love to have a job related on creating databases such as becoming a Database Administrator someday. We all know that our university, University of Southeastern Philippines, is equipped with a high level standards of education and it was already proven many times. Though we all know the fact that our college, Institute of Computing, is just a new comer on USEP, it has given its students competitive skills and made them responsible IT professionals. IC had trained them in such a way that nobody could compare. Though our school has facilities that are not that advance yet, it has still produced best graduates that as of now became popular in different fields of Information Technology. And one of them is my brother, a Computer science graduate from USEP also. He is now very successful on his career. After he graduated, he became a junior programmer on Hubport Interactive Incorporated. As time passes, he slowly began to earn high level jobs like becoming a web application programmer. And as of now, he is a senior web developer and a team leader on Mynd Consulting. I did become interested on everything I have learned in USEP and I believe that our university can help me achieve what I want to be in the near future.

My Blog: http://etelur.blogspot.com/2009/07/assignment-4-hrm.html

tongue Neutral silent
Back to top Go down
alma cabase

alma cabase

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

flower
Back to top Go down
katherine eng lajom

katherine eng lajom

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Based on your answers in Assignments 2 and 3, how can the university help you achieve what you want to be in the future?

The university can help me achieve what I wanted to be in the future by providing its students a good environment in studying (as what one of my classmates is suggesting…) and learning.

I just would like to comment that…

I think we all have the same experiences in the computer laboratory. We only have a number of ‘working’ computer units. And considering there are at least forty students in our class, we tend to rush to get inside the lab to look for a working unit. And sometimes, some of us would end up complaining to anyone around for not being able to finish our work because we weren’t able to save it. It is an unfortunate event for a student to work on with a unit that suddenly hangs up and restarts.

It will be a great help for us students if we are provided with equipment and facilities that can satisfy our educational needs. No, we don’t need anything what’s the newest, or what’s the latest.

But I have realized that…

Our university has produced a great deal of competitive graduates even though we are not yet advance in terms of the facilities, it has become one of the advantages in which the students have to find and make their own ways to work hard. I believe that it is still on the students’ account to play their role to achieve what they wanted to be. The university or anything that the university provides serves only as a working den, a training place for us in preparation for the real world.

Cheers Cappuccino
drunken
Back to top Go down
http://grandliver.blogspot.com
amielou.falcon

amielou.falcon

PostSubject: Subject: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:31 pm   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:44 pm

looking the buildings around......so high. Rolling Eyes
but my dreams will uplift me and reach the top.
USeP.
In my 3 years of stay, I came with my own equation to define this institution.
Unlimited
Struggles
equals
Progress
this institution will drag me up, this will serves as my stepping stone for my success upstairs.

just like a plant, I am nurtured by the professors and facilitators in the university.
Watered of learnings and applications in my course subjects, most of all, love and preserved by friends around who are there in times of needs.

I will grow and be productive ahead of time because I had chosen USeP as my second home.

"...sA waLaY paG-paBor2, da bEsT juD aqNg UnivErsity bAi....wLa LNg unTay BagsaKy!jaja..."
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Russel John Serrano

Russel John Serrano

PostSubject: Assignment 4 :: HRM ::   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:44 am

....in the previous assignment in HRM 2 and 3 I've chosen my future JOB which is the "PROGRAMMER-ANALYST".. The question is, how can the Universty[USeP] help me to achieve my dreams....

for me.... first thing is, it's start on us, on how we manage ourselves for the right path.. being a student, a college student is not easy... their is a lot of struggles and trials in our life to be accomplish. For achieving our goals the University can help us a lot of things.. One part of it is the Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives of the University... it can help us or it serve us as a standard or a guide for us, for achieving our goals in life..

Another way that the university can help us is the "Professors/teachers" by the help of them, their own specialties, experience and everything they share of us... can help us a lot and they are the..... shall we say the "second parents", they serve us, teach us and help us for becoming a successful person in the near future... [Life is none-stop learning]

i can't say that in the near future i will become exactly what i've chosen in my FUTURE JOB.. i may not and i may will but all i can say is being a USePian is the best!..... proud to be a part of this big institution!.. thanks!

+GODBLESS+

Last edited by Russel John Serrano on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jojimie

jojimie

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 am

alien alien alien

Education is central to development and a key to attaining Millennium Development Goals.

People decide to go to college or university for many reasons. For some people, a certificate, diploma or degree is a stepping stone to a job or career. That is what I directly chose USEP as my home in my college life. I consider an education as an important part of my personal growth. Going to college or university is a chance to learn new things, meet new people, and challenge myself with new experiences and ideas. How can the University help what you want in the future? Bluntly speaking this was the query I considered and the reason why I chose to enroll here in USEP. We do have a lot of expectations in life. University teaches me some values as a student to endeavor especially in achieving my dreams. It gives me lot of knowledge to become hard working. My school plays a very important role in shaping up myself to be successful and efficient in my dream career. A lot of factors to consider on how USeP can help me to cope with necessary requirements with the job I preferred and maybe one of these factors is having a competent and qualified teachers. They teach me to become conscientious in studying my lesson which I believed through with this, I can reach my dreams.

USEP is a globally competitive that can provide best and standard education to me as an IT student. USEP is a public school. Therefore there should be deficiency in terms of school facilities and equipment. Well, although there is an insufficient in equipments still the university produce competitive graduates. It also educates and cultivates my persona, mentally and even in social aspect. The obvious reason why demand remain high is the known quality education the University provides at affordable cost. Quality education in as a tool in molding and developing knowledge and skills of students is and should be the basic foundation of an academic institution’s existence. As what I observed the University of Southeastern Philippines’ Administration is firm with its contention that the state university has never ignored this function. USEP is very much committed to maintain a high level of quality standards given the institution’s record of performance.

Well, I believed that modern graduate is expected to be equipped with relevant skills, abilities and personal qualities, in addition to good academic qualifications when entering the workplace. I knew that USEP can provide me these qualities. At USEP I can take advantage of the opportunities that the University provides to help gain the type of skills that employers look for in especially graduates– employability skills that include effective communication and analytical skills and IT competence.

alien alien alien lol! lol!

Last edited by jojimie on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
sharlyn joy pines

sharlyn joy pines

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 am

HRM (Assignment 4)

Like a Star @ heaven Career people find themselves on top of the world when the work they're doing falls under what can be described as their dream job... Like a Star @ heaven

As a sweet little angel, I dreamed to be a teacher. That was long ago when I realized that I'd like to be a Lawyer. But when I graduated in High School, I took up BS Accountancy...That time, I really thought of being a successful CPA someday and I once told myself, I will be a CPA Lawyer. I became slave of my far and wide imaginations. I wished to top the board exam. I even imagined myself in a coat and tie, with my car...everything that anybody would like to have in the future!!!! Since I have a very good foundation especially in mathematics, anyone who knows me says that I would be a good engineer or accountant. And that was before, long before when I thought that life is just fair. But for the many times of my life, I felt the pain of the harsh reality. I dreamed! I believed! And suddenly, I was broken. The rest is history...

Enrolling in this Degree is none in my wild imaginations. Being an IT student never crossed in my mind. My choice is Engineering, Accountancy and any course related to business and architecture. But when the wind blows and changed the path that I have taken, I have learned to embrace this course, for I can do nothing to return and just grieve. Hehehe, ng-emote…

Anyway, the main concern here is “how can the university help me achieve what I want to be in the future?” based on my answers in Assignment 2 & Assignment 3. Well, whether I like it or not, this would be my last investment. I am determined to pursue what I have started, again. Be it means that I have to drop more tears. Be it means that I would have to squeeze more and more whatever!! The university, whether we admit it or not, plays a big role in the success of a student in the future. In the first place, a university is the center of excellence. Education is a basic need that colleges and universities have provided. Though the best learning is from our very own experiences, it can’t be denied that going to school is still the best experience that every individual had. Every corner of a school is an eye-opener. Everything that your eyes have laid on teaches many lessons that you yourself will soon to discover. And one more thing, bringing the name of your school is an identity. It’s either an advantage or not, the mere fact is that a school you had will be posted on your person.

In this case, first thing is that I do really have a big respect in this university. I came from a private school, which I really consider as one of the best school I had. In fact, I have now the comparison between public and private schools, especially colleges and universities (So I have the guide na puhon,hehehe). But when I became part of this university, I have discovered its pros and cons. I became a living witness of its weakness and strength.
The university has its set of standards that would push you to strive hard. The mentors had their own style and teaching strategies. One thing is that, most of them are Nosebleed, ika nga! But as an IT student, I would say that the university is lack of IT facilities. Our department doesn’t have its own building. Well, we understand that. But in terms of introducing technology trends, it seems that the university doesn’t see its own vision and doesn’t understand its own mission. A support in IT needs doesn’t satisfy students.

No For me, maybe it would be a great help for us students if the university will addressed our basic needs as an IT student. Like say for instance, the computer laboratories. It should be conducive and student-friendly environment. The computers will have to be in good condition. No There should be no limit in using computer laboratories for practice. No The implementation of free WiFi in the campus should be realized. Such benefits like these would help the students to improve in such a way.No Also, I consider that instructors should have known the current trends inside an industry to relate more on actual jobs than more on theory. We understand that our mentors had their best to sustain our learning needs. No Next is, there should be a library that would parade latest computer books for some references. Though we can find lots of information through internet, some still consider readings books (to minimize radiation exposure, hehehe). No Another is, we don't have our own classroom right? We just borrowed two at the top floor. At least, these two rooms are pleasant to our senses. (Duha lang gni, pastilan!) It should be given attention that students needs a friendly learning environment. No In addition to that, competitions in several categories related to the course will help to boost the interest of the students to be more participative and give way to the idea of technological innovations that will of course drag the hidden talents and skills of the students out of their shell. And also, establishing seminars or any form of learning experience that will enhance the knowledge of the students will do.These are just few considerations that the university will have to see.

In connection to our assignment, my dream job is very ambitious. I must say that the university in current situation does not sustain our very basic needs as an IT student or I may call it, not enough for us to develop ourselves inside this university. The university’s mission and vision calls for a new system of administering technology. The Institute of Computing is one to be considered as an asset in the university thus, this department should not be taken for granted. As a whole, the university can help me at least, to achieve what I want to be in the future if simple things above should be given a chance and would be done.

bounce Finally, I strongly believed that what you are today is your decision yesterday. Skwela tarong para makahuman…. bounce

kindly drop by at MY BLOG: http://www.sharlynjoypines.blogspot.com

Last edited by sharlyn joy pines on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
John Paul Pulido

John Paul Pulido

PostSubject: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

In the second and third assignment i state that i want to be a NBI investigator in the future, the university can help me to achieve this dream or this passion by giving me quality education. Because one of the requirements that the NBI has in a hiring a new investigator is to be a bachelor degree graduate or a college graduate that may have qualifications in helping their department in obtaining quality service to the Filipino People specially to those who are unfortunate people who has legal problems regarding their livelihood and their lives.

The university also helped me in boosting my self esteem or confidence regarding with people relation through activities and through friendship games with other colleges and departments of the university.

One help of the University also is the moral and spiritual values that they have given to the students in the University. The School really helped me in my relation to God through simple prayers in the start and end of a class discussion. This really helped me a lot in creating a solid bond between me and God.

If I graduate, and become one of the IT professionals in the Philippines I still look back to my beloved Alma Matter the University of Southeastern Philippines.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 pm

How could the university help? Wink

This time our task for this assignment is to make a reflection of how the university could help reach my future dreams.. Ü

I believe the university will play a big role for me to achieve my dreams. This institution really taught me lot. As in so much, not just on academic matters but also about life. In my previous posts on the recent assignments I have mentioned of my dream of becoming a good graphic designer someday. (how I wish.. Rolling Eyes ) Although the not much of the subjects I had taken up and I will take up does not relate with being a graphic designer or the like jobs still I believe that the university had taught me a lot and a lot more in the years to come.

Studying in a good institution pays a lot in the future of its students. Being a student of the University of Southeastern Philippines which others see as a leading institution in the south, of course it makes me proud to a part of the university and makes me strive for the better. Wink As what my other classmates said for a good institution there should be proper equipments and facilities specially for us in the field of technology to support the student's studies and in the university there might be some problem regarding this. Yes, I'm talking about the controversial computer units in the laboratory. hehe Very Happy But I think this should not hinder us through success but make us strive more and teach us to be more resourceful but then this issue should still need to be resolved.

As far as my stay in this institution there are lots of struggles I had already gone through and I know there are much as in so much more to in the future. With those lots and lots struggles, there are also lots and lots of things that I have learned and thanks to USEP for that. College or should I say studying life is definitely a big big challenge for everyone but then this will definitely shape us into becoming what is best for us and what we dream to do.
Whatever I may be in the future, whatever job I will get, I would always be thankful and be proud of my school. yeah. Proud to be USEPIAN.. Laughing

gAbEe.xii Wink

My blog on this post: jocolor
http://xiibee.blogspot.com/2009/07/hrm-assignment-4-universitys-help-for.html
Back to top Go down
http://xiibee.blogspot.com/
Sheila Capacillo

Sheila Capacillo

PostSubject: It matters.   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 pm

I enrolled in this university, the University of Southeastern Philippines thinking that it could be a plus factor in my future career.

This university helps us to be well prepared to the fast changing technologies. I think the university can improve those practices that we had been practicing for the past three years of stay. In our 2nd and 3rd assignments I state there that I want to be a web designer at the same time online photographer. On these jobs, how could the university help me? Hmmmmm….

Idea They could help us by providing well equip facilities; I’m not saying that the facilities we used are not equipped but it would be better if it is more organized and if it is updated.

Idea They can also provide rooms that are well prepared and cleaned so that it will be convenient for us to listen to our class discussion.

Idea If possible they can also provide us individual set of computers during our laboratory works, so that it we can focus on our own works.

Idea The different kinds of online contests and web designing contests can also be introduced so that the interest of the students would increase.

Being a primer university in the ASEAN Region, I think the University of Southeastern Philippines can help me achieve my desire job in the future. But after all what is the use of the university if the students are not determined to study well and pursue their dreams.

see yah here: http://shecapacillo.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
shane sacramento

shane sacramento

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 am

How USeP can help..

My dream job is to become a game developer in the near future. As I have described in my older post, what a game developer does, a game developer is the one who develop games, which will need a vast knowledge in programming, graphics design and a very wide imagination. While developing a game, you will be on a team, so good skills in communication and management is also needed. Another factor you should have is to have a very long patience, which may be equal to infinity or more than that, because developing a game is a never ending scheme. In the sense that once the game has been released, players or gamers will always find ways to cheat on the game, which is technically called bugs. This is another job for a game developer, to remove bugs and modify the game, which I find interesting and challenging.

So, how will the university help me reach this dream?

I still am currently studying at the University of Southeastern Philippines, which means my dream is still under construction. I find school as the foundation of the building I'm trying to pursue and build, thus a good school will be a good way to start a high and stable building.

The school has been a good help to me for the past two years, that may range from telling me what IT really means and what should IT graduates become in the future.

Honestly, when I graduated from high school, I have no idea what course to take.

First on the list was, nursing. That time Bachelor of Science in Nursing was very demanding, almost half of my high school classmates took up the course, but I was never really attracted to nursing. It's not because I don't like blood and flesh or something like that, its just that I don't like memorizing words and medical terms. I know I'm being foolish but it was really the true reason.

Second was, HRM (Hotel and Restaurant Management), simply because I'm a noob when it comes to cooking, so I would like to take up HRM major in culinary arts. But, I was not able to take the course, because I have to do some sacrificing for my older sister's studies (Oh! I'm such a loving sister I love you ).

Then, there came a friend of my father, one of our customer really, Gaga was studying in USeP. When she heard of the situation, she told my parents to send me to USeP and apply for a scholarship, so I would never have to stop my study. Well, thanks to her, I was able to continue studying. So, its time to choose my course, she has provided me list of offered courses. I didn't choose Engineering, because I find five years very long, not Education because I have low confidence, same reason for courses in College of Art and Sciences. So I have Institute of Computing (IC), nice name for a college department. There listed Computer Science and Information Technology, then my father suggested to take Information Technology. So there I go, I took up BSIT. While filling in a form, I remember her(Gaga) asking my mother, "Hawd man kaya siya'g math?"(Is she good in mathematics?). confused That confused me once, but I just ignored that.So when I passed the entrance exam, I have to pass another exam again, this time its oral, an one on one interview with a faculty member from IC (wah!!).

Outside the faculty room, there are two people there, I guess they're from IC, they asked what course I will take, then I answered IT. I was ,again, confused with their reaction (confused What's with IT?).

On the interview, I can only remember one question:

Interviewer: "Why took up Information Technology?"
Me: Idea Because I want to be a Computer Programmer (wahaha).

Luckily, I passed the very last exam. So, I am an official USePian slash ICean now. Then, I've learned that the sum of the reasons why I didn't took up the other courses was in IT. IT in USeP might took you five or more years to finish it and I would have to let go of my low self-confidence, which I found good for me.

The teachers were good at there areas and I really have nothing against them. They taught well and when you passed their subjects you'll feel very deserving, because it's not easy to pass subject from teachers who doesn't like to teach on a crowded classroom (if you know what I mean Smile ). A high quality education that is. Press the students so that they will learn to take out their real potential.

The only thing that the university lacks, in my opinion, is its facilities. I mean, the university should provide us, students, a good learning environment and tools, which may be one or all of the following:

Sad Classrooms please!!
In IC, especially, the department has only two classrooms, which does not have a good ventilation, because of lack of electric fans, fans that won't even work. A very hot environment while studying is a bit hard for us, as students.

Sad Water fountain please!! "o"
As from what we all know, water is the most essential mineral a human needs. The two rooms I'm telling was on the fifth floor, and when you reach that, you'll get very tired and thirsty, so why not provide another drinking fountain. I've also found out that there were only four water fountains, all in all, in the whole university.

Sad Computers on the Lab
The computer lab was quite fine, there's air conditioner and some computers work but some don't. As a solution, some of my classmates will decide to bring there laptops or notebooks, so that they would never have to use one of the working computers so, other students can use it. Now, the problem is, the university prohibits the students to plug their portable computers on the universities power line.

Sad WiFi passwords
I was quite surprised, when an engineering student asked me if I knew what's the password for the university's WiFi. Why password/s are secrets? A WiFi should be open for all of the university's student. If the university would just limit the people who access' the internet through WiFi, why establish a WiFi zone then? It's just a waste of money when only few are able to benifit from it.

Sad I don't know what to call this last issue I have, so I better tell you the situation. I remember when I was still a first year student, I am sitting directly under a fluorescent light, suddenly the fluorescent started making noise, which sounds like strong voltage of electricity got into it. Then, it started making unnecessary light then it turns off. I felt safe when it didn't blow up. Another situation like this one is, smell of burning wires on the computer laboratory, particularly, Lab 1. There's no smoke but just smell of burning material, which I think is very dangerous.

So, that's all for my concerns about the university, on how will it be able to help me reach my dreams and be on top of it. It's all about facilities, good facilities and a good learning environment.

Last edited by shane sacramento on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shane sacramento

shane sacramento

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 am

Embarassed ..na double post..

..unsaon pg delete?.. Smile

Last edited by shane sacramento on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
neil rey c. niere

neil rey c. niere

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am

In this activity, we were tasked to write our own view or opinion on how the university can help us achieve what we want to be in the future. In my previous assignments, I stated there to become a Database Administrator.

Being an IT student of University of Southeastern Philippines is a life-size opportunity for me. This university is equipped with high level standards of education which produces skilled and trained students.

In our department, Institute of Computing had good mentors, teachers, and instructors and a good facility, but there’s a big BUT, one of our problem is our laboratory. Whenever we had a computer laboratory we always had a hard time in choosing a good unit because some units in the laboratory are not working properly especially when you are in the middle of your work. And it can ruin your day because it can affect your grades. Regarding this, if we have good computers in our laboratory it is a big help to us to achieve our dreams in the future, within this we can improve or enhance our skills in dealing with our programs and other matters. I’m not saying this to devastate our department but to imply our government with our problem. In this difficulty, we are challenge to work very hard so that we can graduate on time and become professionals in the future.

God Bless us all Very Happy

my blog: http://neilreyniere.blogspot.com/

afro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Norena T. Nicdao

Norena T. Nicdao

PostSubject: How can the university help you achieve what you want to be in the future?   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:37 am

Based on my answers in assignment 2 and 3 I stated some of the possible job I want to have in the future. In order to achieve those goal there are some factors to consider. Like in the university which I enrolled now which is the University of Southeastern Philippines, they have a big role to help me in achieving my goal in studies and having a great job in the future. For me, these are some things that the university can help me in my dreams:

• In terms of facilities in USeP (University of Southeastern Philippines) they need to improve it by placing new updated technology and systems. Like in our college the Institute of Computing we are in need of computers for our studies, laboratory exercises and online exams but as I observed the computers we are using in the laboratory are not in good condition. I want them to look forward to it for us to have a good facilities which is useful in our studies.

• Provide a classrooms which is clean and organize. Like in our college we are lack of classrooms because we don't have a building.

Many struggles I had already encountered in this university. As a student we are the important person in the school. As what I've learned, share your knowledge to the school and to other person. The school is only the guide in achieving our dreams but we are the one who can decide what kind of life we want to have in the future. Just trust yourself.
Back to top Go down
brian c. namuag

brian c. namuag

PostSubject: Assignment # 4   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 am

Based on my answers in assignment 2 and 3, i mentioned that I want to be an IT Director someday. But before pursuing every dreams is a bunch of trials must elapse to achieve this work. Maybe, its hard thing to do but I believe that in every endeavor I made, USEP helps me mold to become a stand out student.

bounce bounce bounce

Basically I really want to achieve my dreams, and the question is how will the university help me to achieve this dream in the future?

University of Southeastern Philippines is indeed one of the leading universities in the country, and through this they can provide a good and standard education to me. We all know that USEP provides a high level standard of education, and it's proven in many ways. To educate student physically, mentally and emotionally is one of their goals. Their are many aspects to consider when it comes in molding a student, not only in the field of academic but also in extra curricular.

bounce bounce bounce

The University of Southeastern Philippines set standards in achieving student's goals and provides a good environment of education. Through the help of the university, I strongly believe that I can be an IT Director someday. With the learning's I get, the leadership they thought and the spirit of a real student and citizen of today's generation, someday, somehow I am in the league of professional IT Directors in the country.

bounce bounce bounce

Based on my experienced, as a member of Debating Society in the university, they help me boost my confidence and expressed my thoughts and views about issues in the community, and through this it really develop my skills in talking and develop my ability in analyzing problems and give some answers to the question which still left behind. Yes, I maybe not that so good in constructing proper grammar in talking and speaking but the University could help me develop such have hidden skills and talents.

bounce bounce bounce

Indeed, University of Southeastern Philippines would help every student's which aim to become a competitive individual someday. And I stand that I can be one of those of individuals which every one can be proud of. To be an IT Director is completely hard to achieve, but with the things I learn in many fields through the help of my school University of Southeastern Philippines I can be a better student and a better person physically, mentally and emotionally someday.

My Blog: http://brian-takealook.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://brian-takealook.blogspot.com/
creza_jill_bulacito

creza_jill_bulacito

PostSubject: Assignament 4(HRM)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:57 am

How can the University help me to achieve my goals in the future?

The University can really help us to achieve what we want in the future on providing good facilities, quality education and proper training on students. Based on my assignment 2 and 3 I had mentioned their I want to be a system analyst who helps to translate business problems into solutions, the ones responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and recommending software and system choices to meet the organization’s business requirements. A systems analyst plays a vital role in the systems development process. The University has the key to help the students to achieve there goals in life but of course it really depends on the student whether he/she will work hard on their studies.

Everyone of us has the dream to achieve our goals in life. Me?of course like everyone else, I want to achieve my goals to be successful in the future. To study on a great university such as University of Southeastern Philippines is a great privileged. It is also known to be one of the premier university in the Philippines. Just like other institution USEP also experiencing financial problems and on providing good facilities. I can see that USEP is trying there best to provide the student needs and to help them have a good quality education. As an IT student our class really depend on computer labs but their are few computers that can work well. As I have mentioned that I want to be a System Analyst, I am confident that USEP can help me to achieve what I want. Based on my observation they had a lot of graduating students which has a lot of good comment from the companies they are working. It shows that eventhough USEP has some lackings they can produce competitive and professional people.

Visit My BLog http://rs-crezaharu.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
desiree

desiree

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:00 am

Question How can the university help you achieve what you want to be in the future? Question

Hey, USEPian, have you ever asked yourself what your future would be holding the fact that you are studying in the University of Southeastern Philippines Question Well of course, I know you definitely do.

Being a student here in USEP, Obrero is such a pride. Of course, USEP is known to be one of the competitive university not just in Davao but throughout the nation. The university is establishing a niche as a center for academic excellence in Mindanao - a reputation it has acquired through persistence and constancy of purpose in the pursuit of quality and excellence in all its undertakings. The University is achieving its goal to produce globally competitive and morally upright graduates.

May you give me any possible competitive company or working areas who's not particular in intelligence and proven excellence?? Of course, every company is looking for a competitive employee that fits on their competitive functions in an organization. And the best and tested strengths of these USEPians serves as the best example. Try to imagine yourselves USEPians particularly the ICeans. My co- ICeans, even from the very beginning, we have already experienced the feeling as being "sweet tortured (ika nga nila)". Tortured in a way that we could really get benefits. For all the hardship that a USEPian faced, the fact is, countless company would really be thirsty to have you.

I still remember the words that a fresh graduate students from our university under Institute of Computing department as he said, "Nag-apply ko sa company na akong ginatrabahuan karon ba, kasabay nako kay taga University of hmm, mas nauna gud siya sa akoa og apply pero ako ang nadawat".

See?? We must consider ourselves as a Blessed student to be part of this university because it's not really easy. Even the time we have used just to enroll in USEP.

But before going too far along the topic, we all know that being in this University under the Department of Institute of Computing, have you ever saw the letter posted at the IC LAB1?? goodness!! How could we, ICeans be a competitor if even our own school won't allow us to use any electricity especially in using laptops??

But for me, if a student is really good, even without using those said electronic devices, he/she could really learn because of being determined. The main fact is that, the success of every person always starts from ourselves with God as a center of all.

You may also visit my site at
http://deshai08.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting and reading!! Very Happy

Last edited by desiree on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://deshai08.blogspot.com
Ariel Serenado

Ariel Serenado

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 am

In reference to Assignment nos. 2 and 3, this post is centered on How the University can help achieve what i want in the future.

Since goals are what students hope to accomplish, and outcomes represent what actually is achieved, current trends toward measurement of educational outcomes (assessment) foster attempts to connect goals and outcomes at the course and program level. In this case, the course, the offered programs is a vital contributing factor to achieve ones long term goals or the future dream.

As I have mentioned I envisioned myself to become an IT Manager. Basically, I want to be an IT Manager having a business organization that needs to be captured, manage and store knowledge from materials and resources accumulated by information technology. Since , this goal is muc related to the course I am taking right now, therefore my school plays a vital role in molding up myself to be an effective and efficient IT MAnager someday. There are lot of factors to consider on how USeP can help me to cope with necessary requirements with the job I preferred.

First thing to help, is the QUALIFIED FACULTY. USeP has all the qualified faculty no doubt that the university towered over some other schools not only in the region. Effeciency of the faculty is a very big help to students, for they cater the required knowledge to the students based on the structure of the programs. The teaching strategy is subjective, the discussion don't solely relt on a specific textbook, in this manner of teaching they provide a wide range of learning which can be considered a competitive advantage to us, students.

Another contributing factor is the integration of the E-LEARNING. Since, the school's ultimate goal is to provide technological advancement when it comes to the learning, USeP has been integrating the e-learning environment. In this way, Information Technology involvement of the students will boost. Thus, it will contribute to manage, use and implemet resources accumulated by Information Technology for learning purposes. One way of integrating this kind of environment is through discussions or forums over the internet.

Another thing is the FACILITIES. It can't be denied that the university is experiencing problems in the usage of the facilities especially in computer laboratories. There's a problem on catering the students access to the facility in reference to the number of students. But then I myself were able to cope with the learning one has to achieved. Therefore, one should take into consideration that this kind of problem is not a hindrance to acquire the necessary knowledge. There are still options where you can acquire knowledge in a different and still effective way.

I know that these two contributing factors I have identified will be a great help to achieve my long term goal. Especially, that some of the subjects I am taking rigth this time are of big help to manage information in an effective way. It cannot be denied that there are struggles encountered along the way but then I should realize that those challenges are meant for me to change or be more active in dealing things making it worthwhile. At the end of the day the future still lies at our hands, regardless of the acquired knowledge, it still depends on the disposition of an individual. Indeed, Living life is a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Ethel Valdez

Joseph Ethel Valdez

PostSubject: AssiGnMent 4   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 am

How can the University help us to achieve what we want to be in the future.......

Thinking in the future many companies need people that are aware of the fast changing of technology that will increase effectiveness in their company. In this situation the university can help us achieve our goals in the future through its vision and mission. Arrow

On its vision, by becoming a premier university in the ASEAN Region, the USEP shall be a center of excellence and development. Through this the university shall be known around ASIA because of its good performance in education. The university engaged in the outside world to create values towards social and economic developments of the stufents.Laughing

On its mission, USEP shall produce world class graduates and relevant research extension through quality education and sustainable resource management. Through its mission the students can assure that the university provides quality education to the students to be more globally competitive and morally upright graduates in the world of work. Even though the university has the scarcity of infrastructures and equipments, still the university produces competitive graduates. We have limited numbers of computer in our laboratory, books and resources in the library and rooms but all this did not hinder our journey of studying diligently. There are many ways to support our needs. Like limited resources, as a student and IT student in this university we are engaged to the world of technology. Trough internet we can find what we need to supply our knowledge. These are to enable us to strive hard in our study to become competitive in our works. It also teaches it have nurtured our personality, physically, mentally, morally, socially and many more for our education. Arrow

No matter how the university trained us to be globally competitive in the world works and whatever job we want in the future, the true training starts from ourselves. As a student we must be responsible on the things we do that lead us to learn and earn grater productivity while we reap the goal of our destiny.Arrow

myBlog:http://jevaldez.blogspot.com/2009/07/assignment-4-in-hrm.html bounce Arrow

Last edited by Joseph Ethel Valdez on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs) Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignment 4 (Due: before July 23, 2009, 13:00hrs)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next