USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charmaine anne quadizar

charmaine anne quadizar

GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES Empty
PostSubject: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:38 am

In the fast-changing technology in the 21st century, Internet access has unquestionably been a necessity within universities nowadays. This is also true on the virtual libraries that exist in the University of the Southeastern Philippines (USEP) Obrero Campus. Nevertheless, intermittent internet connection has been consistently experienced by the students which undoubtedly made their research very inconvenient. Further, the limited time provided for each student with regard to their internet usage likewise affected their efficiency on completing required tasks. Hence, in an effort to resolve these problems, the researchers would like to propose the usage of a Portable Offline Bookmarking software developed to address these concerns.
Portable Offline Bookmarking will greatly help the university and its students since this software has the capability to actually access saved web pages without any internet connection. In this way, the particular contents of the webpage can still be seen with the use of the software at the convenience of one’s computer despite a temporary loss of internet. As it can be installed to personal computers, it can help the students with no internet connection on their respective residences, to access significant web pages and still browse its contents that shall aid them in their research. In a case of a possible intermittent internet connection problem within the university, the software can prove to be useful to continue the necessary research. Hence, any inconveniences shall be avoided and the significant activities needed through in-depth research shall be continued without delay.
The portable offline bookmarking also has a special feature that can help the students to quickly access the specific link that they want to view. Energy consumption will be lessen because you don’t need internet connection just to browse the content of the certain page. And can also lessen the power consumption because it can be access easily. Instead of manually searching for the web sites, the user will merely click into the sites that have been bookmarked. Thus, the software will make the students’ tasks and researches more efficient.
Back to top Go down
http://www.charmisme.blogspot.com
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm

please explain how one can view the said bookmarked pages at home if there is no internet connection. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: reply   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 pm

[img]GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES Bookma10[/img]

Every page that has been accessed through the internet connected computer will be automatically store to application program's database (offline bookmarking). Pages can be ported to other computer via external storage devices such as flash drive, etc.
Computer without internet connection should have portable offline bookmarking software to access offline pages that can be use for some important purposes.
Advantages:
1. Fast Data Recovery- since the page content with its URL is stored in the application program accordingly.
2. Minimize Power Consumption- Every accessed page requires power (both from data center and clients).
3. Accessibility- Pages can be access easily without internet connection after it has been accessed once.
4. Minimize Internet Dependency- The software, portable offline bookmarking, does not totally dependent to data center once it was being accessed and stored to the software.
Back to top Go down
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Jalil O. Paniamba-an

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 pm

uhm based on what I understood, this is an automated way of saving pages from a site? what I mean is, instead of using the file menu on the browser for saving the page, the software will be doing all that, right?
Back to top Go down
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: reply   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Jalil O. Paniamba-an wrote:
uhm based on what I understood, this is an automated way of saving pages from a site? what I mean is, instead of using the file menu on the browser for saving the page, the software will be doing all that, right?

Yes, you are right. Instead of saving pages manually using internet browsers, the software will automatically do it for you. Every accessed page will automatically save as static page in the software’s database.
Back to top Go down
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Jalil O. Paniamba-an

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:45 am

Does this include all the contents found on the site that will be saved? Like the images,etc.. since if it will only be the page itslef that will be saved, there might be some data and informations that will not be accessed.
Back to top Go down
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: reply   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Jalil O. Paniamba-an wrote:
Does this include all the contents found on the site that will be saved? Like the images,etc.. since if it will only be the page itslef that will be saved, there might be some data and informations that will not be accessed.

We could only have static pages, which means all the page content coming from data center will be saved as purely html codes in the offline bookmarking software's database. Thus, the content of accessed pages such as image, text, flash, etc will be saved in the database and will be given redirect link that can be use to access it offline.

Back to top Go down
Esalle Joy Jabines

Esalle Joy Jabines

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 am

This software would really be a great help for users who have a limited internet connection especially to those prepaid internet users, and to those users who don’t have internet connection at home. Base on my own experience, as a prepaid internet subscriber, I wanted to maximize the use of my limited internet connection time. When I am searching for articles especially for assignment references, before reading them, I usually save the page of that article and its contents first. After that, to still have a copy of the links of the pages that I have copied, I usually copy the links and paste it to notepad. This process of course, for me, is really time consuming.

Below are the benefits users can get from this Offline Bookmarking:

1. Quick Saving of pages and its contents
Users don’t have to copy and paste the page, its content and the links since the software will do it for them.
2. Hassle Free
Accessed pages and its contents are automatically saved.
3. Maximize Use of Limited Internet Connection
Since the software automatically saves every accessed page, this will allow users to have more time searching for articles on the web. The time supposedly spent for copying and pasting the pages, it contents and links will now be spent efficiently for searching for other references.
4. Easy Access of Pages
Pages can be accessed easily without internet connection after it has been accessed once since it has already been saved.
5. Minimize Power Consumption
Every accessed page requires power (both from data center and clients)
6. Minimize Internet Dependency
The software, portable offline bookmarking, does not totally dependent to data center once it was being accessed and stored to the software
Back to top Go down
concerne

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:47 am

wait lng.. diba mao man ni ang fundamental na trabaho sa web browsers, i save ang files gikan sa net locally bago itranslate ang markup language kng supported niya? kng putol putol and net or gusto nimo i view ang na view nimo dati, ang history na man lng ang muhandle ana diba? naa lng cguro ka i tweak gamay sa settings para mudako ang browser cache nimo tapos payts nah.

sa second scenario naman, about atong sa dial-up, i think ok pud ang solution ni Jalil. before ana man pud ginabuhat nko katong gagamit pa ko dial-up prepaid nga naay free 12am-7am na free hehe. or betteryet mu DL na lng ka ug software na mu clone jud ug isa ka site xaro. dili lng ka katanda sa name pero im sure daghan na kaayo mga ing-ana karon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES   GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES Empty

Back to top Go down

GAUM, QUADIZAR, JABINES
Page 1 of 1