USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turn off Computer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flodey Joyce Sanico

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Computer Games aren't allowed in school, but there are really some students who do that. So I propose to create a software that would turn off the computer if a computer game runs in the system.
Back to top Go down
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 pm

This seems like a nice way to stop students from playing. But don't you think it is a bit inconvenient if the computer would shut down?
Back to top Go down
Flodey Joyce Sanico

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:21 pm

in what way it would be inconvenient?
Back to top Go down
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

Jalil O. Paniamba-an wrote:
This seems like a nice way to stop students from playing. But don't you think it is a bit inconvenient if the computer would shut down?

I guess..i would like to agree to what jalil said..having the computer shut down if one plays games is inconvenient. It would be inconvenient in this way. Example, I am using the computers at Nodal and wants to play games. If I play a game the computer detects that I am playing it shutdowns. There are lots of risks for this one. If I am currently doing other things while playing that would mean that it will result to unsaved data. Another thing, if it shutdowns it still consumes energy, since computers at Nodal should be always turned on, that would mean that if it shutdowns, you'll have to turn it on again. Waste of time, and doesn't really energy efficient way of restricting students.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
concerne

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:54 am

agree pud ko sa ilaha Flodey. since games lng ang problem why not i remove na lng sila tapos bawalan lng mag install ug softwares kng kulang sila ug privileges. cguro daghan man ata mu stop na ana dira kaysa i risk pa nila na madakpan sila. or following your line of thought, kng ma determine nimo nah game ang application, i stop diay nimo ang process parehas sa ginabuhat sa mga anti-virus instead na i shut down ang computer. warag mas daghan inuon problema mugawas ana diba Jonel noh?
Back to top Go down
Flodey Joyce Sanico

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 7:47 pm

ah..ok...hmmm...pwede sad kaya na mag himo nlng ko ug program na i-restrict ang pagload sa game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turn off Computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn off Computer   Turn off Computer Empty

Back to top Go down

Turn off Computer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USEP-IC  :: OPEN DISCUSSIONS/CONSULTATIONS :: Extended Research Topics-
Jump to: