USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow Empty
PostSubject: portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow   portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am

Students nowadays usually do research over the net. Even those non it students practice it due to wide range of information that they can get. Like they said "Everything nowadays is in the cloud". But majority of the students don't have units at home and therefore have to do rentals outside. Unfortunately units outside or those on the computer shops are not customizable due to the difference of the users or the cafes clients need. Unfortunately when students do research, every page that they browse takes longer time to load due to its full content and most probably the ones causing the delays are the images and flash embedded in every page. Students seek information not some irritating images (of course if they search for images its not irritating....hahaha) and flash embeds usually advertisements (ads are really irritating...hahaha).

This research aims to seek solution to the problem stated above. A portable webpage image and flash blocker will do the job for the students. I know that some browsers have this add ons but is usually ignored specially on cafes because it eats storage and not all their clients need it. If the students have this they don't have to download the add ons, it is not a wise idea to download every time you rent a computer (it eats your time). Allow function will also be included if ever the student needs the images. For those who have computer and internet connection at home, this will also in a way beneficial to you (us). You don't have to download the same add on on different browsers because most probably those who have computer and internet connection at home have multiple browsers (i have 4...hehehe).

The main objective of this research is to have a fast loading webpage by blocking unnecessary images and flash embeds. Maximize your storage (for those who have computer and internet connection at home), maximize your time (internet cafe users...rate is really high...hahaha), increase your productivity (all users) through green computing.

^^

Jonel Amora
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

Jalil O. Paniamba-an

PostSubject: Re: portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow   portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 pm

this is a nice topic you got here...

but, correct me if I'm wrong, what you are going to create is a portable web browser right?

isn't it it seems like your proposal is similar to what the group of George Duran has proposed?
Back to top Go down
concerne

PostSubject: Re: portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow   portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:41 am

Quote :
This research aims to seek solution to the problem stated above. A portable webpage image and flash blocker will do the job for the students. I know that some browsers have this add ons but is usually ignored specially on cafes because it eats storage and not all their clients need it. If the students have this they don't have to download the add ons, it is not a wise idea to download every time you rent a computer (it eats your time). Allow function will also be included if ever the student needs the images. For those who have computer and internet connection at home, this will also in a way beneficial to you (us). You don't have to download the same add on on different browsers because most probably those who have computer and internet connection at home have multiple browsers (i have 4...hehehe).

tama ba ko na ang gina-propose nimo kay software na xa? then i completely disagree sa tanan points nimo. im fairly certain na mas maka save ka ug time and space and mas convinient kng mag DL ka ug add-on kaysa mudala ka anang imong software and i think mas lisod i deploy ang software kay panag-sa restricted mag-install ug software lalo na sa gawas kaysa ma add ug add-on sa browser. and dili man inconvenient mag butang ug add-on maski unsa pa kadaghan imong browser provided naga support sila ana kay once na butang nimo, dili na man na nimo i butang utro everytime i start nimo ang application.

pero let's say na superior imong software sa tanan aspects na gina claim nimo, warag lisod man ata kaayo nah xa iimplement considering ginatarget nimo kay independent and separate nah sila na application. pero kng feasible xa ok guro xa.

Quote :
The main objective of this research is to have a fast loading webpage by blocking unnecessary images and flash embeds.
ang lisod man gud dili ka kamao unsa ang unnecessary not unless tan-awon nimo xa ug by the time makita nimo xa, na defeat na nimo imong purpose except kng kamao jud ka unsa na website and dili nimo i block daan.. why not try na lng diay ka alternative browser like lynx browser na wala jud ka image ug flash object na makita?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow   portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow Empty

Back to top Go down

portable webpage image and flash blocker with allow
Page 1 of 1