USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW

Go down 
+47
michaelobero
merafe hangad
Jennifer Conta
jeanette vale
Katrina Cecilia A. Elid
george_norman_patayon
rancisolanobero
Phoebe Angelie H Gallardo
Zara Mae Ontal
Rudy_Comawas_Jr
irelene cosicol
Allan Gregor Gepulla
Allan S. Cabusora
Daisy Jane E. Jabican
James Isidro
Beverly L. Rabaja
Shirley "df" Reuyan
Cariza Joy A. Ensoy
kenneth
Ralph Gideon Doron
vinceilagan
Dianne Jean Dumdum
Marybert V. Lee
Mary Claire P. Avila
leinad09
Edward S. Baylon
irwinrod
Benjamin_Abadilla_Jr
Ruchan Alangilan
Sherwin_Elioreg
nesscel_ann_calara
Genne Zareth Fernandez
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman
Ma. Monique H. Asuque
Axel Ros E. Campaña
michael_reggie_gloria
Alaina_Simbal
Jonalyn Sanchez
cherilyn lagare
kevin.cris.ramos
raffyprongo
maria edna hernandez
jezrelle larubes
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales
festejoteodoroIII
arnulfotaghoyjr
eyesee
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eyesee

eyesee

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:09 am

Back to top Go down
arnulfotaghoyjr

arnulfotaghoyjr

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Overall Fieldtrip   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

One the first day, we went to Social Security System and First Web Academy. We learned all about the networking strategies of SSS and the animations of First Web Academy. On the second day, we had our whole day seminar in UP – Diliman where we were also toured at Ayala Techno Hub and IBM. On the third day, we visited Advanced Science & Technology Institute and Telecom Training Institute. On the fourth day, we visited PLDT where we were introduced with their machines. On the fifth and final day, we went to MMDA or Metropolitan Manila Development Authority where they let us see how they monitor the traffic and other stuffs.
Back to top Go down
festejoteodoroIII

festejoteodoroIII

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Fieldtrip Overview:

We just had our major field trip on the first week of October; it was on October 4, 2010 until October 8, 2010.
We went to Luzon to visit different companies which are, of course, related to our field of studies.
We were really excited on the first day, because it will be the first time to board a plane for most of my classmates. The whole class was divided into two batches to board the plain and had different departure time. I was assigned to go with the 2nd batch and our flight was scheduled at 10am on October 4.
Our group was divided into 2 buses, but the whole class was divided into 3 to 4 depending on the companies to be visited that day. Because there was 157 of us and most of the companies cannot accommodate us all in one visit.
A tour guide was assign on each bus to tell us tons of stuffs, trivia about metro manila, where the names of cities and streets came from. They also gave out prizes in every game that we played.
We were really excited and what to have fun on the first day that most of us woke up late, well later than the call time. Our facilitator got angry at us early in the morning and we sort of like not feeling the breakfast. But it worked out well, maybe for our group.
In every meal of everyday, we were taken to different restaurants for us to eat and it really tastes good but some restaurants did not satisfy us. There were also times when we were just given an individual meal allowance, so we can have dinner where we want to.
We visited different companies which are of course related to Information Communications Technology. We were really amazed with the functionality of every site that we went to, what they do event their facilities. Some of their gadgets, it was the first time that we’ve seen it in person and functioning.
Each of these companies gave us a warm welcome and accomodated us as if we are special guest. They guided us properly and entertained our needs, and the best thing is they really like to entertain or answer our guestions. It’s like they felt the same excitement as we have. We were taken to almost all of their facilities specially to those where ITs rule.
We even went to the University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman Campus. As we enter the campus we are really amazed with how huge the campus area is, it was like a town there were even people residing in there. I was even amazed by their laboratories, it is very different from what we have and what we are using.
On our first visit in UP Diliman we attended a seminar, and that seminar was exclusively conducted for us. We actually planned to attend the Y4IT seminar together with many other ICT students from different universities, but our field trip wasn’t able to be arranged on the date of the seminar, so a special one is conducted for us which is also great.
In each of those companies or sites that we visited several speakers are there to guide and give us a speech, telling us something about what they do and how their fields of work can ba related to us. And it helped, they really helped us a lot not just to just for us to know and learn what their companies are for but also thaught us of what we really are, what are we going to be; and how, with this field, can we help not just ourselves but also the community.
Each day we only get to visit 2 to 3 companies, the main reason is the travel time. Metro manila is a very busy area, and we have experienced heavy traffic almost every time. It was great when the companies that we are visiting are just a few blocks away from each other or better, they are just located within one area where these companies are just beside one another. But that’s alright because if we are to visit 5 to 7 companies each day we might get bored and lose our interest and that visit will just go to waste. While we are travelling and got caught in a traffic jam we get to rest our bodies and minds, and the tour is always there to cheer us up. Thanks to them.
The whole field trip was not just about site visits and seminars, we also had some side trips wherein had several stop overs to have a perfect view of spots. We were given time to get off the bus, then we took photos and bought souviners and kakanin, which ever is a specialty of the province. Every afternoon we were given time to go malling or shopping on different malls and markets, depending on what is near from the last company we visited. Most of us always have something to bring back to the hotel, something they bought for thenselves or for someone back home. While others just enjoyed touring around the mall.
Everyday, when we arrived back the hotel it’s already past 10pm. We were really dead tired, like what our instructor always tell us during meetings before the trip. So upon arriving we went straight to our rooms, there were times where we still get to chitchat with classmates from different buses but it only took a couple of minutes, we need to go to sleep emmidiately so we can cope with the early call time.
On the fifth day our group visited two companies then took our final malling at the market market. Most of us bought they pasalubong there. Then after that we went straight to the airport to check in so we can now get home.
Fifteen of us did not check in for the flight because our flight back home was book on another day so we get to stay behind and extend our trip in Luzon. This now is not a part of the field trip that was conducted by the college.
Back to top Go down
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales

Mark Bryan B. Gonzales

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW

During the time I heard this subject about fieldtrip I feel like this could be the most expensive subject that I am taking about and this could be my problem because were can I get a money for this event. So far me and my classmates are planning already what should we do and asking each other if we really continue to get this subject from this semester and as what we have thought that this subject is the same from the elementary field trip we thought that we are only going there for hanging out but we discovered that we need this subject to discover and learned. But as what we have stated field trip could be the best moment that you have in college because you can enjoy this event from this subject and so far I had view already that I will take this subject whatever it takes… I would take risk for this subject perhaps this subject is required for us to take because we can’t be proceed as a fourth year without taking this subject so as early as the days before I am taking this subject I already told my mother about this subject and my mom just tell me with a smile ok ii will support your needs for that subject as long as I am making my best to get good grades. That was the great thing that I have heard because I can join the FTS subject. I have jump because of joy that I felt for that time so when the class starts I don’t understand what should I feel if I would be excited or getting nervous for the upcoming fieldtrip and as what I have seen sir randy gamboa is our professor for this subject so I already thinking that this subject could be the most hardest because I know sir could really want the student work for his pressure lectures just to prove that they are right person to pass this subject and for the very first day is my unfortunate day because I’ve been punish for being late in the class so I need to dance in front of my classmates. Will I feel ashamed but what can I do? It’s a task for the late person like me dancing the unknown dance step that is not yet discovered by the researchers.

When the days is already passing by were already discussing the payments the events what we will do for this subject and some of my classmates face were terribly shock from the fees that need to paid for this subject and until we came from the interpersonal skills to this event I feel enjoy also because it my first time to join the team building event I meet new friends although I seen them for a long time but we did to recognize each other because of this event and we need also the team work and accept there weaknesses and also the way they act to there selves because you will getting lose if you are thinking for that so I have made them get closer friend of mine for just one day because I am a hard loser person don’t accept failures but unfortunately the result is tie for all of us and nothing I do but to accept the final decision well the days of our lives passing by again until we reach on the days of the final meeting that telling us the money need to be paid for one student and it is just only fifteen thousand pesos with saying to your self the Oh my holy cow were can I find that money? Well that simple question just have the simple answer, to your mother of course well I paid it already as early as I can so no more problems to think already as long as I already paid that fees of mine. During were already in the manila we had been enjoyed so much because we feel like we are the son daughters of the rich family the way we experienced her and so far we enjoy it a lot the place we had been stayed to relax the food that we ate and So when the time I came from the day for the field trip day we already experience as what I have stated on the next pages for having the company visit and other experiences and actually this is only the first time that I had been experienced like this because we feel the freedom although we miss our family but we can learn her to stand alone and learn more of how broad is the IT industry from this city and how useful could be our course that we are taking for and we had been enlightened by some speakers specially to UP that whatever you had the bad grades you has. You can still beh a good IT by using you skills wisely and choose the things that you are really love the most.
Back to top Go down
jezrelle larubes

jezrelle larubes

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 pm

FIELDTRIP AND SEMINARS
OVERVIEW

“Once a journey is designed, equipped, and put in process a new factor enters and takes over...it has personality, temperament, individuality, uniqueness. A journey is a person in itself, no two are alike”, quoted by John Steinbeck.

At first, I was never on my mind that the subject fieldtrip and seminars will give me and all of the people enrolled in the subject matter under the Institute of Computing of the University of Southeastern Philippines a chance to explore and go visit many places in the Philippines especially in the young age of ours. I never thought that I will be and been in some places in the capital city of the Philippines – the Manila bound. It is truly unforgettable, unbeatable experience of my entire life, which was the first time I went away in my living place.

Staying in the city capital of the Philippines was never easy as stepping one step forward walking across the road especially for those people like me who were living life in a very simple way. From the first to last breath of me while I’m standing in the land of Luzon island, I cherished each seconds I spend there because nobody knows when will I’ll be coming back at that place soon. It is absolutely beyond doubt to conclude that when I go visited Manila at the 4th day of October 2010 that I learned….I saw….I observed….and I experienced which will make me unique from others. It’s not the usual thing of thinking that what was happened in a place stays at that place. Because unlike from what I’ve experienced, everything stays on my mind and seems everything are fresh in my eyes.

In five days of staying in the central part of Luzon, I do visited companies in which help filled with knowledge and be equipped in the real world of business where they are in such as the SSS, SPI, UP DILIMAN, IBM, Sea Change, PLDT, MMDA (Traffic Engineer), Global Exist, Advance Science Technology Institute & Telecoms Training Institute and also in some other places like Tagaytay and Laguna and we even stop for a while to take pictures and remembrance in the most historical and famous park in the Philippines – the Luneta Park.

Back to top Go down
maria edna hernandez

maria edna hernandez

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Field Trip overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW
This fieldtrip is not all about a pleasure trip but it is an all time no rest filedtrip yet more fun. It is a once in a while experience for those 3rd year students of the IC department. Company visit time after time and a tour around the city and appreciate the timeless structures around town and give us a brief overview of what I.T. life really is.
Back to top Go down
raffyprongo

raffyprongo

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Overview of our Fieldtrip:

After all the requirements for this fieldtrip and seminars and preparing, at last I came to Manila with my co-students in I.C. (Institute of Computing) along with our faculties to have a visits in some known companies like IBM, Seachange, PLDT, Bayantel, and many more. Most especially in the U.P (University of the Philippines) which we will have an Information Technology Symposium which is the one of the highlight of our Major Fieldtrip.

Below are my journey and experiences from Day1 up to the last day of our fieldtrip and what I have learned and meet in our Fieldtrip in Manila.

Back to top Go down
kevin.cris.ramos

kevin.cris.ramos

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Field Trip and Seminars

Overview

Excitement! Enthusiasm! That’s how I felt when I first knew about Field Trip and Seminar as our subject. The Institute of Computing holds the said subject for the first time. Company visit is the major activity for the Information Technology and for the Computer Science students. This will alleviate the skills and the proficiency of the student to engage and expose to industry of technology.

The first moved we did for the activity is the meeting with teacher and choosing between Models A, B, and C afterwards. Almost student choose to settle in Model A even though it has few trips but it has much expensive than the two Models.

Time is fast approaching! After we resolved and patched up things, finally the October 4 comes up! Students are divided into three buses. We visit lots of company related to technology. Visiting different companies at the first place is definitely full of excitement. New persons to faced, new learning’s absorbed and new adventure to experienced. That was so great! Speakers impart the knowledge and the facts w are able to relate. We gain new learning’s that we will surely apply those things in reality sooner. Tagaytay really amazed us! Photo shoots are out of controlled! Even though long trip is risky to think of, Tagaytag relives all the stresses and anxiety we had. Next spot which made our trip unusual is the Enchanted Kingdom. Unfortunately we are not been able to take all the rides since all are for free, because the availability is not definitely good. Numerous students toke their trips along with us. We spent an hour of falling lines just to ride the incredible “space shuttle”. It’s really taking our breath away! The nervous, anxiety and unease are presently had in our self.

Manila is a place perfectly matched the once and a life time field trip and seminar of IC. How I wish to visit again the places we used to stop and stay with the unlimited budget to spend of.

Last edited by kevin.cris.ramos on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cherilyn lagare

cherilyn lagare

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Fieldtrip Overview    FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

Five days may seem long, but for me, it’s just a short span of time for a marvelous and awesome educational field trip and seminar for enthusiastic and eager students of IC during the tour. Before the timewe heard about the edge of this subject, Field trip and seminars really touches our nerves from head to toe because of the excitement and pleasure we really felt inside. When we finally consolidated for the final decision to choose from Model A, B or C, almost students settle on model A which comprises of local and major trip in Manila. Time is fast approaching and Field Trip is upcoming fast!Money is the crucial thing to think of for the expenses. Officers and teachers look problematic due to some cases of the student to pay on delayed along with the schedule for payment. But whatever difficulties and complications we encountered; still the field trip continues.

The long wait is over. Field trip helps as to reduce all the stress and tension left as from several subject. The first thing which stirs up our soul is on the plain of Cebu Pacific. This is it! Yeah! Photo shoots and snaps are out of controlled.Fasten your seat belt! Seat forward! Those are just few reminders and always stated by the flight stewardess for our awareness.

When we land in NAIA airport and finally reach the heart of Manila, all the anxiety drowsy sleepy eyes are replaced by vigorous energetic students when we distinguished and saw the industrious city of the Manila with the huge and gigantic buildings, establishments and competitive company exploited. 8:30 in the morning when Maynilad bus tour fetched us in the airport. All the students are divided by the three buses. How lucky I am which belongs in bus 1 for the whole five days. Kuya Al as our tour guide relieves all stress by throwing up questions and historical trivia all about places and cities located in the metropolitan.

Visiting different companies at the first place is definitely full of excitement. New persons to faced, new learning’s absorbed and new adventure to experienced. That was so great! Different spot in the Philippines like Tagaytay should be preserved. Cool air, freshb reeze! What more can you ask for? Tagaytay is one of the high lights during the trip. Enchanted Kingdom really mesmerized us. Imagine all are free rides!However, that was also the time of the other school who got to EK. Definitely customers are hundreds to count. What about the “pasalubong”? We choose Divisoria to bought all the souvenirs’ for our families and also personal belonging to our self! “Ate mag-kano?”(asking if how much) we usually ask to reduces the price or value to the seller. The Garden Plaza Hotel accommodates us well.
Field trip and seminar is one of the best and finest experienced I loved! How I wish I can visit again Manila with unlimited budget to spend with.Field trip out of the country is my greatest pleasure!

Last edited by cherilyn lagare on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonalyn Sanchez

Jonalyn Sanchez

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

The said Fieldtrip was to partially fulfill the requirement in our subject Fieldtrip and Seminars (FTS) which is the Major Fieldtrip in Manila, Laguna and Tagaytay. The said fieldtrip took place on the 4th of October until its 8th year 2010. As the class has decided, the said fieldtrip be held in Luzon for the reason all of high technology inclined companies, innovations and inventions is mainly located only in that place. Included for the reason of selection is that the seminar to be held in UP Diliman covers up the entire seminar if we rather choose the other set of options for the FTS program. The fieldtrip’s main purpose is for us students to be familiar with the new technologies being used to provide efficient and effective services by IT related companies. It was also an opportunity for us to have witnessed how these stuff works, taught how have they come up with such innovations, how to use them and the most is their key upon how they have reached the peak of their success. So as to generalize, it is more on imparting ideas to neophytes like us and gently pushes us to where we would want to be someday. But there’s still more, part of having us educated on our company visits and seminar we also has given the chance to visit some of Luzon’s tourist spot like Tagaytay and its famous amusement park Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna. We also has given the chance to know the history on some place, street and establishments of the Greater Manila Area (GMA) by the tour guide assigned on our bus. In fairness with our tour guide he always makes sure that no time will be left hollowed in short boring. He throws jokes and questions for us to be always alive and sometimes initiates games and the favorite of all, the videoke. Overall, it wasn’t only a pure educational fieldtrip but also a very fun, thrilling and unwinding get away from us students who burned a lot of effort on our studies. It was like a vacation packed in one that I would give it a high satisfactory rate. A once in a lifetime experience of having accompanied only by classmates and instructors, thus it added lessons on how to begin ourselves with the reality will be in someday, the life after school.
Back to top Go down
Alaina_Simbal

Alaina_Simbal

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

In our Fieldtrip and Seminar subject, we were given three models / options to choose from. We were free to choose from the Models A, B, and C but would still follow the majority’s decision. The majority of the class chose model A. The requirements for Model A was one major fieldtrip (national), one minor fieldtrip (within Mindanao), one seminar (national), and an hour of Interpersonal Skills.

What we did first was the Interpersonal Skills at the USEP Social Hall last July 21, 2010 and had our Minor fieldtrip at Sutherland last September 22, 2010.

Our class had decided to have our major fieldtrip in Luzon because we were hoping to have a national seminar at UP. The allotted days for the major fieldtrip at Manila-Laguna-Tagaytay were five days (from October 4 until October 8 of 2010). What we did for those five days were mainly company visits. We visited several companies like Bayantel, MMDA, Hitachi, UP Technohub (in which we were able to visit Seachange and IBM), and others. We also visited some institutions like the Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI), University of the Philippines Diliman campus (UP Diliman), and others. Our national seminar was had on our second day of stay at Manila. We held it at UP Diliman (UP-USEP Information Technology Symposium 2010).

We stayed at Garden Plaza Hotel. And I was not really satisfied with the service and facilities that they have. It's because the cockroaches were crawling everywhere, their pillows and bed sheets were dusty, and the manager was quite arrogant.geek

Though our reason for having this fieldtrip was purely business, we were still able to have some side trips at Tutuban, Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia, Market Market, Enchanted Kingdom, and the People’s Park in the Sky at Tagaytay.

Back to top Go down
michael_reggie_gloria

michael_reggie_gloria

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 am

The fieldtrip was a five day company tour in Manila. We were divided into 4 buses for the first and last day and 3 buses for the 2nd to the 4th day. Different buses go on different companies but the travel agency made sure that all the students have equal experiences with regards to technical visits. Also scheduled with our trip to manila was our national seminar which was held on UP diliman Campus. The first day only had a single company visit because it was already noon when we arrived in manila. The succeeding days had at least 2 company visits and some sightseeing.

Day 1.

We travelled for manila and then headed to our lunch destination after the plane landed. We visited the ByanTel then and learned about their Networking. It was just a short discussion though. After that we had our daily fun run and it was on MOA for today. We spent the rest of the afternoon there and also had our dinner at a restaurant nearby. And it was resting time after.

Day2.

Woke up early and prepared for the departure for the national seminar venue at UP Diliman. We had our breakfast at Grills and Sizzles located on Examiner Street. We headed to UP after that. In UP we had our national seminar at UP ITTC with guest speakers to talk about different things related to IT and CS. The first speaker talked about effective thesis writing. A topic our facilitator personally requested because we needed it. The speaker told us that when working with a thesis it is important to manage your time and if you lose your interest in what you are doing then do something else that would get you back working after. It was full of knowledge and very informative. The second speaker talked about data visualization. A very interesting topic for me, but that the speaker failed to get the students attention because the example used at the presentation of the topic. We could not relate with the example that he has chosen that was why we lost our interest to listen. Then the third speaker started his speech. He started it with an introduction of showing us their educational offers and other stuffs like that. After that he proceeded with his topic. After the third speaker the next speaker woke everyone up. She talked about multimedia and showed some of her works. She also shared what the requirements are to be in her spot. Then the last speaker for the day started his speech. He was a foreigner teaching in Up. He is a game developer and that was his topic he shared with us how to get into that career, what are the skills needed and how to actually get there.
After our seminar we had our luch and headed straight to UP ayala TECHNO HUB. There we visited Seachange who showed and endorsed us VOD or video on demand and IBM who offer free servers for use and is leading in the world of innovation. That is what we did on our second day.

Day3.

We went to ASTI and watched their developers as they presented their projects like the bayanihan linux OS, the multi tester, the GSM device for PC and other projects. After their presentation we had our lunch and headed for the Social Security System head quarters in East Avenue, Quezon City. There we learned how SSS works and their benefits. Also their networking and data security representative gave us some info on how and when they started to automate their services. He also told us about their server and the backup server located outside the city. After the seminar and discussions we then toured their facilities. After touring the technical visit for the day was over and it was now time for having fun and it was on Tutuban mall and dinner was on us. We did some window shopping and some walking and got tired and went back to the hotel and rested.

Day 4.

Day 4 have a single company visit scheduled and it was on hitachi GST where terabyte hardisk drives are born. As usual it was breakfast and then travel. As we arrive to hitachi GST we were given a clothe to cover our shoes and then started the tour on their museum type room where their history is written. After that very short tour we were then made watch a video about their history and the development of terabyte hardisk drives. After the film showing we then toured the facility where we watched all the processes a wafer goes through before it becomes a data writer. After the tour we headed for our lunch venue which was on max’s restaurant in Tagaytay where the Taal volcano was our background as we eat. It was an amazing view seeing the top of the volcano. after our lunch we travelled to people’s park in the sky to buy some souvenir items and more sightseeing. Arriving at the park we feasted our eyes with the views and the variety of available souvenirs in store. But it was all in a rush because the best part is yet to come. After the short shopping spree and sightseeing we then headed to the most awaited part of the fieldtrip the enchanted kingdom ride all you can adventure. And there I have experienced the best ride of my life the roller coaster of the enchanted kingdom was the best. But unfortunately it was the only ride we got on to because of the time. But it was all worth it. It was so tiring that we got back to the hotel and rested.

Day 5.

Last day of the fieldtrip and we checked out of the hotel early and travelled to our first technical visit which was on TTI and there we listened to a lecture about telecommunication and how it works, the use of routers and repeaters and some other topics about telecommunication. Also we toured their facilities and saw what repeaters look like. After that discussion we then climbed to the second floor and saw a wireless antennae used for acquiring wireless internet connection. Then the speaker explained how it works. Then we went to their roof top to see a satellite dish and learn how it works and after that discussion about the satellite dish and how it catches signals it ended our TTI tour. It was no lunch time and time to travel to the lunch venue. After a quick lunch we then headed to the MMDA headquarters to see their facilities. There we were shown the MMDA’s server which was still DOS based and very outdated but the presenter said that they are just waiting for a decision from the upper management to upgrade their system. After that very short tour we went to their monitoring department that has a lot of monitors showing different parts of the Manila roads and highways. What we were seeing was live feed from their cameras installed all over Manila. While there their representative explained to us what they are doing there and what they usually do. After the discussion they made us watch some accident file videos and most of them are caused by motorcycle or reckless driving. That was the last technical visit scheduled for our fieldtrip. After that we then travelled to SM and spent the rest of our time there before our flight back to Davao. When it was time to go we then travelled to NAIA to wait for our flight back to Davao and it was the end of our fieldtrip.

That is what happened during our 5 days fieldtrip to Manila.
Back to top Go down
Axel Ros E. Campaña

Axel Ros E. Campaña

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:17 pm

This trip is part of the curriculum of USEP BSIT. The trip started last October 4, 2010. We travelled from Davao City to Manila via Cebu Pacific flight number 5J962 (fisrt batch). The trip has 2 batches. The first batch filled two buses as well as the second batch. We stayed at Garden Plaza Hotel, Paco, Manila. On the fist day of the trip, we, who belonged to bus 1 went to SSS (Social Security System) and First Academy of Computer Arts. We, all the students, also visited University of the Philippines NISMED Auditorium (Seminar), Department of Computer Science, UP-AYALA Technohub, IBM, and SeaChange in the second day of the trip. Advanced Science and Technology Institute (ASTI) and Telecommunications Training Institute (TTI) welcomed us, bus number 2, on October 6, 2010, the third day of the trip. We, students in bus 2, were brought to PLDT (Philippine Long-Distance Telecommunication) Company on our fourth day in Manila. And lastly, we were reunited with my bus-mates in the first day and we visited Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), the last day of the field trip.

I also had the chance to go to different places in Mainla. We visited, Tagaytay City, Enchanted Kingdom, Trinoma, Sm Mall of Asia, Tutuban Center Mall, took pictures in the very popular Pinoy Big Brother House and a lot more.

It was a great trip and we experienced fun and friendship there, met new friends, places and got unforgettable experiences.
Back to top Go down
http://sharebyactilot.blogspot.com
Ma. Monique H. Asuque

Ma. Monique H. Asuque

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

Before the semester began, we were already aware of this field trip thing and it would be held outside Mindanao. I was really excited because everything that I will be encountering is going to be my first time; first time to attend a field trip, first time to travel outside Mindanao and first time to ride on an airplane. Yes, those were indeed my first times, and it was surely unforgettable.

On the day of departure, I was really looking forward to seeing Manila for the first time; to get into the plane and see the wonderful islands of the Philippines. I was excited to get on the plane and feel the pressure coagulating my ears.

Our schedule was fully packed at the moment we arrived, since it was already lunch time, we went directly to Jade Valley Cantonese Cuisine Restaurant, and then followed by Bayan Telecommunications Company for the first company visit. After which, we went to SM Mall of Asia for our first mall stop and shopping time and had our dinner at Taste Asia in MOA. After the first tiring day, we went to Garden Plaza Hotel and Suites to check in and have a relief from stress and jetlag on that day.

On the second day, it was our UP Seminar day. We went to Grills & Sizzles Restaurant for our buffet breakfast and then we went directly to the University of the Philippines Diliman for the said national IT seminar. The first half of the day was all talk and presentations, great presentations, we also had our lunch there and after which we went to Ayala Techno Hub where huge IT companies were located. And then we went back to UP to visit some of their research group. It was really jaw-dropping because they were making such technology which I never ever though of doing so. We ended too late because we were not able to follow the schedule. After UP, we went to Trinoma for a scheduled malling time but then since we ended late, we only had 30 minutes of strolling around. After malling, we went to Tramway Restaurant for dinner and went back to the hotel to rest.

On the third day, we had our breakfast at Bellore Restaurant and after it, we went back to UP to buy some UP collectibles and stuff, after doing such, we had another visit at the Advance Science and Technical Institute till in UP. After which, we had our lunch at Kenny Rogers. After the delicious lunch, we went to the Social Security System main office for another brief seminar and a little tour on their ID making machines. After it was another shopping at Tutuban Mall. Too bas I did not have lots for my pocket money. We also had our dinner on our own. And then went back to the hotel.

On the fourth day, we only had our breakfast at the hotel and went straight to Hitachi GST in Laguna Technopark, the place was really great it was like we were in another country. Next stop was the highlight of the trip, we went to Tagaytay! We also had our lunch there at Max’s Restaurant with a great view of Mt. Taal and Taal Lake. After which, we went to the People’s Park in the Sky where they sell different Tagaytay stuff and pasalubongs. It was a fun trip to Tagaytay. And next was the best ever destination, Enchanted Kingdom! We only had 2 hours to do some rides. Too sad. After which we went back to the hotel and some went back to Tutuban Mall to do more shopping.

On the fifth day, the last day, we had our breakfast again in the hotel and then went to TTI or the Telecoms Training Institute at Valenzuela City to have a look on their machines on transmitting data, and went back to Bellore Restaurant for our lunch. After which we had our last company visit at MMDA Traffic Engineering where they had lots of computers for monitoring traffic. After it was also our last malling at Market Market it was just a short stroll and were off to the airport for departure back to Davao.

It was really an exciting but a little exhausting trip.
Back to top Go down
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman

Frenzess-Joy H. Elman

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Field Trip Overview (F. J. Elman)   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

As part of our major requirements in the course subject Field Trips and Seminars, we embarked on a journey towards the far place of the Luzon region, specifically at Manila, to conduct our field trip. Before the big event, there were many meetings and discussions made, from where will we going to have the Major Field Trip, to the finalization of preparations. And of course, for us first timers (almost all of us, that is), excitement was brewing, even though we have lots of pending school requirements and upcoming examinations to worry about. But it wasn’t just all about fun and slacking around, of course we didn’t forget the main reason why we have to go to a place far away from home: to gain exposure and knowledge to the updated technology and recent trends of the modern world today in the field of Information Technology. In this case, to achieve this main goal, we have to visit the center of emerging technologies and highly technological place in the Philippines today: Manila.

The major field trip is a 5-day journey where we had company visits and side trips, mainly visiting places at Manila, Laguna and Tagaytay. Throughout the course of 5 days, we had visited an average of 2-3 companies a day, with minor side trips at famous recreational places at Manila. From the company visits, I know we have learned a lot, and at most we have now ideas and knowledge about our field, and not just learnings from the four corners of the classroom. Indeed it was very, very tiring, but it was all worth it.
Back to top Go down
Genne Zareth Fernandez

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:10 pm

OVERVIEW

Fieldtrip and seminars are done for the students to packed with knowledge and be prepared for the real word of the career they have chosen. By joining fieldtrips you will learn the actual events and what the things should be develop in order for you to success in this field.

October for was an ordinary day for me and for all my classmates in the University of Southeastern Philippines under the Institute of Computing. It was the departure day going to Manila.

Within five days of fieldtrip on Manila we have been in different companies such as SSS, First Web Academy of Computer Arts, and University of the Philippines, IBM, SeaChange Philippines Inc., PLDT, Telecom Training Institute, Exist Global, and MMDA and we also have leisure just like going to places like Tagaytay, Enchanted Kingdom and Mall of Asia.

Beyond this page are the elaboration of the places that we’ve been and what I have learned on each of the places.

Back to top Go down
nesscel_ann_calara

nesscel_ann_calara

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:21 pm

The night before I was pretty sure everything was ready, yet after getting up really early; still I got to the airport by 9am instead of 8am which is two hours before the flight. On the line to checking in I felt sick, I didn’t want to leave. It was funny after all the years of struggling for my independence and always wanting to do things on my own, I stood there glancing and waving towards my mother , worried sick that the next time I look, she might not be there anymore. It was the exact same feeling I had in preschool and grade school, every first day of class, except that today I’m 20.

It wasn’t my first time on an airplane, but definitely the first time without my parents. I didn’t enjoy the ride. Before, they always let me sit next to the window, but that time my seat was by the aisle and the person sitting by the window in my row wasn’t looking outside like what I want to do, he was sleeping as soon as the plane took off, his jaw hanging open.

Manila

I hadn’t been in Manila for 15 years which means I had no clear memory of the place and I didn’t know what to expect. So there I was, and Manila well—filthy. It’s got tall buildings and bridges, better billboards and trains, history and of course the legacy, many things we don’t have back in Davao, yet, it really is undeniably unclean and I don’t want to know how some corners smells like. That is how I would describe the famous Maynila.

So, there’s the tour guide going on and on from introducing himself, to sharing facts about some famous spots we’ve passed by, (e.g. Intramuros, UST, GMA 7, QC Circle, Banko Sentral, National Museum, other schools and offices, malls, monuments, theatres, mga pook at lalawigan…etc.) to making a few supposedly funny punch lines.

They call it Jade Valley Restaurant. It kinda’ sounds like home.

It was buffet, the food was good and the service is okay, except that they take a picture of you without a warning and then obligate you to buy it. That’s not so nice. It was the start of the all-that-buffet-galore.

BayanTel

The first company we visited was the Bayan Telecommunications Inc. which is located in Quezon City. From the slideshow they presented were these facts; BayanTel is a telecommunications company serving areas in Metro Manila, Bicol and local exchange service areas in the Visayas and Mindanao regions combined cover a population of over 25 million, nearly 33% of the population of the Philippines. The Company was the operating arm of BTHC and formerly known as International Communications Corporation, it was incorporated in April 18, 1961.

There were short discussions regarding their networking systems. They showed us a glimpse of their workgroup. This company visit wasn’t very long.^^

SM Mall of Asia

I was starting to not enjoy my time. For some reason I want to bail out and just go back to Davao. Clearly that’s not possible. So we were at the famous MOA, my feet were killing me, that taught me never to wear those shoes again. The place was huge, right now I wish I had a better look. We had dinner at Atcha’s Grill.

Garden Plaza Hotel

It was supposedly the end of a not so glorious day for me, but not quite. The hotel, in my opinion, was not that impressive at first. The lobby was nothing like our Marco Polo, I expected we weren’t really gonna get something that good.

And then we got the keys to our hotel room--Room 311. The five of us were astonished upon finding our room, it was larger than the others, it has a living room, a dining table, a cooking stove—something the other rooms didn’t have, a refrigerator, cable TV, a nice bathroom, bath towels and good smelling blankets for each of us. Plus, the hotel offers WIFI connection and a swimming pool!

We were all very happy until we realized a few things. The cupboards at the living room had dead cockroaches in it, there were a few small roaches under the bed sheets too, the stove was without a gas tank, if you look under the bed, you’d see monsters, the toilet doesn’t flush, and there was the usual resident ghost. They’d charge you 150php a day for WIFI connection and the swimming pool; it’s so huge it could accommodate a maximum of 5 people.

Yes, the hotel wasn’t that impressive till the end.

Day 2
Breakfast buffet was at Grills and Sizzles. The place was small and couldn’t accommodate all of us at once. It was ‘eat and run’ but for me, it was the best meal I’ve had in that five days.

University of the Philippines Diliman

We got free UPITC sling bags and booklets upon registration.

During the symposium, a series of speakers were introduced, some of them spoke Bisaya.

SeaChange

Next destination was at the UP-Ayala Technohub. We were divided into 3 batches, our batch visited the SeaChange company first.

Here is an overview of how the company was introduced to us; SeaChange International, Inc. delivers strategic opportunities to broadband and broadcast operators. It Partners with cable, telecommunications, broadcast, and satellite companies worldwide, the company has enabled one ‘sea change’ after another. SeaChange’s initial focus, to solve the challenges in multi-channel advertising, led it to deliver digital ad insertion to the cable industry. SeaChange now dominates the VOD industry with the vast majority of the global market share. Fast-forward, and again, the company is driving the next sea change. By leveraging the on-demand infrastructure, SeaChange is in a unique position to take advantage of the current market dynamics – delivering software applications that continue to personalize the television experience, and media services that help service providers fulfill market and consumer needs and drive revenue. It delivers billions of on-demand streams annually and has facilitated the launch of IPTV services worldwide. It has also successfully deployed on-demand advertising capabilities at a number of cable companies. With immediate impact and the flexibility to scale to meet future demands, SeaChange solutions offer the tools and technology to positively affect a company’s bottom line. While its headquarters in Acton, Massachusetts is home for nearly half of its employees, it maintains development and support operations throughout Europe, Asia, and elsewhere in the Americas.

IBM

For more than 70 years, IBM and its predecessor companies produced time-keeping equipment for schools and businesses. Many of these products are considered collectibles today. The company can do a whole lot of things for Aerospace and defense Automotive, Banking, Construction, Electronics, Financial markets, Media and entertainment, Telecommunications and many more.

Department of Computer Science (UP)

We visited 6 DCS laboratories at the UP Alumni Engineers Centennial Hall; The Algorithms and Complexity Lab, Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence Lab, Scientific Computing Lab, Computer Security Lab, networking and Distributed Systems Lab and the Web Science Lab.

Different researches were introduced to us during the visit. And after it all, what I’ve realized is that how far behind we are from these people—from this school. Proving how much more room there is for more learning and improvement.

We visited the PBB house.

Day 3

It was the third day and we were really starting to feel the lack of sleep, but definitely not the lack of food. Breakfast was at Bellore Restaurant. Afterwards went for a little picture taking by the Aquino’s Residence.

Advance Science & Technology Institute

After waiting for an hour on the bus, karaoke and heading to the UP coop for some UP souvenirs, we finally went to visit ASTI. The visit at this company was short yet had been very informative. If some of us had been paying attention to anything else other than the pretty lady named Von, we could actually see how the country is growing technologically. Most of us do not see this fact. These people have been working on projects that would actually help the Filipino people in particular like farmers or those who live in coastal areas, an example would be a device that would signal people when a tsunami is approaching, or a device that would send an SMS to farmers after it detects the soil lacks water. They also promote the Bayanihan Linux--kind of like our very own operating system.

The Advanced Science and Technology Institute (ASTI) recently participated in several international ICT conferences, research cooperation events, and meetings in Brussels, Belgium from September 27 to October 1, 2010. These comprised the ICT 2010 Conference and Exhibit, the SEACOOP Cooperation Forum on eInfrastructure, and the 4th Consortium Meeting of the SEALING Project.

Lunch was at Kenny Roger’s Roasters in Quezon City.

Social Security System

After lunch we got distributed into four buses again. And next stop was Social Security System. We were welcomed at this visit, they entertained our concerns and among the things I learned about this company is that the SSS called on employers to update loan accounts of their employees to remove their delinquent status with the agency, a top official said. It also carried out major improvements in its salary loan program to collect from delinquent borrowers long-overdue payments, which has ballooned to P27.51 billion in the past few years, and is an SSS board member ends term, cites clean record outgoing labor sector representative to the governing board of the SSS has dispelled misconceptions that all members of the board accepted fat bonuses from private corporations where the institution owns substantial shareholdings. After the short seminar, we had a quick tour of the facilities. We saw the process and equipments used.

Day 4

We had our breakfast at the hotel and went off to Hitachi GST in Laguna. It was a long drive.

At the company we were required to wear jackets and foot masks. Though the company was a bit strict, the visit was all worth it. Hitachi Asia’s Business Solution Integration (BSI) division is a leading regional systems integrator in providing solutions based on proven business applications such as SSA Baan ERP, our very own web–based Supplier Chain Management solution, Devo, and Business Intelligence Tools.

Hitachi is a diversified company and one of the subsidiaries is the Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Philippines Corp. They produce Hard disk drive and HDD component parts such as head gimbals assembly or magnetic heads, slider and head stack assembly. I have observed that most of their employees were females; this is because women have soft touch. And it is a very delicate job since a one whole wafer costs a million pesos. Each wafer is cut into thirty six thousand pieces just about the size of a period or even smaller than that, and each has an embedded Hitachi name and a control no, amazing isn’t it? And the memory capacity of their hard disk is terabytes! Fact: a terabyte is equals to 1, 000, 000, 000, 000 bytes or one thousand gigabytes.

Tagaytay

Tagaytay was simply amazing. We had lunch at Max’s and proceeded to People’s Park in the Sky. I finally saw what the Taal Lake really looked like.

Enchanted Kingdom

I decided not to ride the Space Shuttle--that simple. And then I took a good look around.

Day 5

Telecoms Training Institute

This was the “hot company”, no air-conditioning in most areas and the building is really old. Established on June 28, 1961, through a Joint Agreement by and between the Government of the Republic of the Philippines and the United Nations’ International Telecommunications Union (ITU), TELOF’s Telecommunications Training Institute (TTI) evolved as the country’s premier training service provider in the field of telecommunications ever since it was commissioned. Located in a sprawling two (2) hectare lot in Karuhatan, Valenzuela City, Metro Manila, it houses equipment and other training gadgets used for the various human resource development programs intended for TELOF staff, representatives from the ICT industry, and as well as from the academe. Its primary mission is to provide affordable and sustainable training programs that are globally accepted, in support to the country’s ICT manpower requirements.

What I liked about this company visit is that it everything was showed to us, all the machines and in almost every working part of the building. Though it was hot, there is no argument of how we were given attention.

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA)

Last one is the controversial MMDA. Here I got to be face to face with what I always here in the news.

I learned that The MMDA performs planning, monitoring and coordinative functions, and in the process exercise regulatory and supervisory authority over the delivery of metro-wide services within Metro Manila without diminution of the autonomy of the local government units concerning purely local matters. The agency is headed by a Chairman, who is appointed by the President and continues to hold office at the discretion of the appointing authority. He is vested with the rank, rights, privileges, disqualifications, and prohibitions of a cabinet member. The Chairman is assisted by a General Manager, an Assistant General Manager for Finance and Administration, an Assistant General Manager for Planning and Assistant General Manager for Operation, all of whom are appointed by the President with the consent and concurrence of the majority of the Council, subject to civil service laws, rules and regulations. They enjoy security of tenure and may be removed for cause in accordance with law.

What I liked about this one is that not only did I get to see some bloody accident footages but I was amazed at how this institution helps in solving traffic problems in Metro Manila.

Great experience. Two thumbs up.

-End
Back to top Go down
Sherwin_Elioreg

Sherwin_Elioreg

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 pm

• Field trip Overview
In my 18 years of existence here in planet Earth, I never had any experience about having field trip. When I enrolled in this university, I never thought that I would experience having a field trip. Part of the new curriculum of the BSIT and BSCS students of the university is to have a field trip in their third year. By the time that I know that there really is, I was really hoping and praying that I will survive my first two years in the university in order for me to participate in the said field trip. Time passes by, I didn’t notice that I am now on my third year and I realized that this is the year where will we be having our field trip. Excitement chills down my spine because as I said, this is my first time to go to field trip. Before any activities have been made, our section elected a set of officers who will spearhead all the minor activities in this subject. And because of this one friend from other section nominated me, I was elected as the VP for our class; pressure overlaps my excitement at that time. The officers then had a series of meetings together with our facilitators, Dr. Randy Gamboa and Dr. Tamara Cher Mercado to discuss matters regarding minor activities such as the interpersonal skills and the minor fieldtrip. Before we had our major field trip in Manila, we had first an Interpersonal Skills workshop and seminar at USeP Social Hall way back July 21, 2010. The purpose of this is to fully familiarize and to know other students from other sections especially the evening class participating in the fieldtrip. And the seminar and workshop that we organized received positive response from many students and I was overwhelmed by that. Next activity that we had was the minor fieldtrip just within Mindanao. Together with the other officers we had contacted and gone to different companies just to make this event realized. Nakayama in Digos City, Public Safety Command Center, Concentrix, Holcim are just few of the companies that we have tried to negotiate but in the end, we settled with Sutherland Global Solutions in Davao City. Though the minor fieldtrip wasn’t that fun, still we learned the process and strategies used in their company. Time passes by so fast, it’s time for our major fieldtrip in Manila, and we will stay there for 5 days and 4 nights. We paid so expensive and I hope that we will get there will be enough to satisfy us.
Back to top Go down
Ruchan Alangilan

Ruchan Alangilan

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Fieldtrip Overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Fieldtrip Overview

I am a BSIT student and currently enrolled in Fieldtrips and Seminars (FTS). In this subject, we need to visit companies that are related to our field and also to attend seminars in order for us to pass. At the very beginning of the semester, our facilitator Mr. Randy presented 3 models (Model A, B, and C) for us to choose from. Model A comprises of 1 Major Fieldtrip outside Mindanao of course, 1 Minor Fieldtrip, 1 National Seminar and 1 hour of interpersonal skills. Models B and C had also the same content as of Model A but differs in some parts.
And since we voted for Model A, were to visit Manila for a 5 day Educational Fieldtrip and also to attend a National Seminar in UP Diliman. As days progressed, we knew that the companies to visit was Bayantel, Sea Change, IBM, SSS, Hitachi, MMDA other institute and department like Telecoms Training Institute (TTI), Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI). Most of the companies were located at Quezon City. We stayed at Garden Plaza Hotel and Suites.

Back to top Go down
http://chanluie2010.blogspot.com
Alaina_Simbal

Alaina_Simbal

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Fieldtrip Overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 pm

Fieldtrip Overview
In our Fieldtrip and Seminar subject, we were given three models / options to choose from. We were free to choose from the Models A, B, and C but would still follow the majority’s decision. The majority of the class chose model A. The requirement for Model A was one major fieldtrip (national), one minor fieldtrip (within Mindanao), one seminar (national), and an hour of Interpersonal Skills.
What we did first was the Interpersonal Skills at the USEP Social Hall last July 21, 2010 and had our Minor fieldtrip at Sutherland last September 22, 2010.
Our class had decided to have our major fieldtrip in Luzon because we were hoping to have a national seminar at UP. The allotted days for the major fieldtrip at Manila-Laguna-Tagaytay were five days (from October 4 until October 8 of 2010). What we did for those five days were mainly company visits. We visited several companies like Bayantel, MMDA, Hitachi, UP Technohub (in which we were able to visit Seachange and IBM), and others. We also visited some institutions like the Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI), University of the Philippines Diliman campus (UP Diliman), and others. Our national seminar was had on our second day of stay at Manila. We held it at UP Diliman (UP-USEP Information Technology Symposium 2010).We stayed at Garden Plaza Hotel and I was not really satisfied with the service and facilities that they have. I was not satisfied because the cockroaches were crawling everywhere, their pillows and bed sheets were dusty, and the manager was quite arrogant.
We also had some side trips at Tutuban, Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia, Market Market, Enchanted Kingdom, and the People’s Park in the Sky at Tagaytay.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin_Abadilla_Jr

Benjamin_Abadilla_Jr

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 am

Field Trip Overview

Our field trip to places in Metro Manila, Laguna, and to Tagaytay to visit IT companies and learn various things relating to our course from them as a part of our subject Field Trip and seminars, was a complete SUCCES! The field trip started at October 4, 2010 which is Monday, and ended on October 8, 2010 Friday. Arriving at Manila at 9:30am from Davao city, until leaving on October 8 at 4:55pm, we visited a total of eight companies and the University of the Philippines Diliman. These companies are the Social Security System at East avenue, Quezon city, First web Academy at Makati city, SeaChange and International Business Machines at UP-Ayala TechnoHub in Quezon city, Advance Science and Technology Institute at UP Diliman in Quezon city, Telecom Training Institute at Valenzuela city, The Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications company in Mandaluyong city and finally, the Metro Manila Development Authority at Mandaluyong city. All these companies proved to be a legitimate, up to date, and contemporary IT companies and it they were all very conducive for learning for us IT students.

All through out, we learned a lot from these companies, and besides that, we had a clear view of the atmosphere and workstations of IT professional in these big ITCs. Besides all this educational tours, we also had a fun side trips in some places in manila, Laguna and Tagaytay. We had a shopping at the Mall of Asia and at Tutuban center Mall, sight seeing at Tagaytay People’s Park in the Sky and best of all, a ride-all-you-can at Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna. The trip was expensive but it was all far more than worth it.
Back to top Go down
irwinrod

irwinrod

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 am

Field Trip and Seminars is a 3 unit subject in the New Curriculum of BSIT and BSCS in the Institute of Computing. There were 3 models, Model A, B and C. Fortunately, majority of the class chose Model A. Model A is composed of 1 National Field Trip, 1 National Seminar and 1 Minor Field Trip. I never expected this subject will be so exciting and could give us more knowledge of what is heading for us in the future. Our trip in Enchanted Kingdom and in Tagaytay was so great. I didn’t expected that trip to be so good and I’m really missing all those things that we’ve gone and we’ve been through from the companies and we’ve visited, the Tour Guides and down to every shot that the camera was taken. Sulit kayo sir!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.irwinrod.blogspot.com
Edward S. Baylon

Edward S. Baylon

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:14 am

Field Trip Overview:

It’s was so exciting yet so costly, but I’ll tell you regret is absent whenever I think of the knowledge and wisdom that has been bestowed upon us. It was honestly tiring but very satisfying. The time we have to sleep is very small but we did not go there to sleep we went there to learn and at least enjoy our stay. Company visits almost filled our iterinary, yet I’m so happy to have a buffet meal every now and then to satisfy our tired bodies. Tours around beautiful sceneries was really fulfilling that makes the trip not only educational but also recreational. I'll tell you, knowledge is abundant everywhere, we just need to take some effort to fetch it. The wisdoms catered to us were more than enough.
Incidents happened, like schedules being altered, groups being diverted and redivided but still alternatives were appropriate to fill our cups. Over all the trip was really awesome and considered to be a success.
Back to top Go down
leinad09

leinad09

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Field trip overview   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:17 am

Field trip overview:

Five days is really a thumbs-up experience for me. There are lots of events there that me myself can’t really forget what happened. Not only of the enjoyment experiences but also of the things I learned from our visitation there.

The said fieldtrip was a five day company tour and seminar in manila. We were divided into two batches for our flight in Cebu Pacific. When we arrived to NAIA, we were divided into three batch for three buses for five days of tour. Each bus has its assigned company to visit. Good thing, Maynilad tours ensured that each bus will have the same travel experiences to refrain from student complaints and other technicalities.

Though the reason for having this fieldtrip was for business matters, we were still given the chance to have some visitation at Tutuban, Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia, Market Market, Enchanted Kingdom, and the People’s Park in the Sky at Tagaytay. For me, one of my unforgettable experience there is when I took a Space Shuttle ride at Enchanted Kingdom. The feeling was totally awesome though it was my first time.

The main target of the fieldtrip is the company tours and seminars of course. There are lots of companies that we have visited. Our batch visited the SSS in Quezon City, First Web Academy in Makati City, UP diliman Quezon City, Ayala Technohub in commonwealth Quezon City, PLDT in Mandaluyong City, TTI or Telecoms Training Institute in Valenzuela, Exist Global in Ortigas Center Pasig, and lastly the MMDA company in Mandaluyong. The best company for me is the TTI for their unique and fast way of networking technology. How I wish I could get a job in any of these companies.
Back to top Go down
Mary Claire P. Avila

Mary Claire P. Avila

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 am

As part of our FTS subject we were required to have 1 major fieldtrip (outside Mindanao). The said activity was held last October 4-8, 2010 at Manila. We were involved with such activities with the primary goals of familiarizing the recent trends and developments in Information and Communication Technology thru technical seminars and fieldtrips as well as gaining exposures. Also, for us to be equipped with basic interpersonal skills on our chosen fields of expertise thru non-technical seminars. In this regard, we had visited some companies that were related to our field of study. In particular, we went to Bayantel, IBM, Seachange, PLDT, Exist Global/G2IX, TTI and lastly MMDA. Each company imparted different kinds of topics and lessons in which we were able to learn and dealt with. The companies showed some of their facilities and resources that caught our interests. Indeed, it was really an educational trip. We have acquired information that we were not aware of. Some of the company had their focus on telecommunication, some on hardware, software services, building softwares, applications, interactive websites, software development, innovations, security and more. It was fun at the same time since we were able to visit large companies where our interests are inclined with. We were able to see innovations on our technology, things that are possible to do that we weren’t expecting, and facilities and machines used for the operations of such large companies. We also had our seminar at UP Diliman where in we were amazed of the bright and inspiring people that served as speakers during the day. They have imparted not just technical terms but also tips for us to succeed and to pursue what we are aiming and of course our studies. Just like what Steve Jobs said, we just have to look for what we love because what we love can make us continue and reach our goals. We were able to have 6 different topics and speakers. Each possesses different charisma and talents on their field. The speakers presented informative discussions and imparted vital tips on how to be effective on matters such as writing a winning thesis, animation, game development, visualization, etc. After every discussed topic, we were given time to ask and clarify things in connection to what they have presented. BY that way we were given the chance to speak up and know the things that we wish to know and the things that we were confused at. We also had the opportunity to visit 6 Department of Computer Science laboratories that were really amazing. They use Mac computers for their projects and developments. They were really inspiring in a way that we can see how they can excel on their fields. The kind of technology that they were working on astonished us greatly.

Each day of our field trip was full-packed. We were showered lots of new discoveries and learning. To evaluate it, the trip was successful. I never thought of being able to grasp that amount of learning from our trip. I can say it was 95% educational and 5% pleasure. The bigger part of the trip was allocated for learning rather than what others are expecting that we were just wasting our money for trip of personal pleasure or “laag thing”. The field trip and seminar was very exhaustive but at the end of the day, I can conclude it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW   FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW Empty

Back to top Go down

FIELDTRIP OVERVIEW
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next