HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hannah rhea hernandez

hannah rhea hernandez

LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment Empty
PostSubject: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 pm

I already have two topics in mind..

The first of which is Comparing Green IT based computers/laptops to Non-Green IT based Computers..

I thought about this when I saw that a lot of companies are already releasing computers and laptops that are eco-friendly. But this topic will be a broad one since I plan to cover a lot of areas for the comparison to be done. This topic will be differentiating their capability, cost, eco friendliness, effect to the environment, and even design (if necessary). I plan to determine whether green computer or laptops not only eco friendly but also more user friendly, and if it cant overpass if not top the capability of a non green IT based computer.

The second is LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment... Since my topic was a bit broad someone suggested me to have a more specific proposal. Narrowing it done to comparing LCD Monitors VS CRT monitors for a greener environment..

FYI: LCD monitors are the flat screen ones while the CRT are the normal and usual big, bulky ones..

which do you think is better???? (saying the other one is easier than the other one isn't a reason)...

hoping that you would give me constructive if not just simple comments...thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://woophie.blogspot.com
Kate Mariel Dizon

Kate Mariel Dizon

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:19 pm

hannah rhea hernandez wrote:
I already have two topics in mind..

The first of which is Comparing Green IT based computers/laptops to Non-Green IT based Computers..

I thought about this when I saw that a lot of companies are already releasing computers and laptops that are eco-friendly. But this topic will be a broad one since I plan to cover a lot of areas for the comparison to be done. This topic will be differentiating their capability, cost, eco friendliness, effect to the environment, and even design (if necessary). I plan to determine whether green computer or laptops not only eco friendly but also more user friendly, and if it cant overpass if not top the capability of a non green IT based computer.

The second is LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment... Since my topic was a bit broad someone suggested me to have a more specific proposal. Narrowing it done to comparing LCD Monitors VS CRT monitors for a greener environment..

FYI: LCD monitors are the flat screen ones while the CRT are the normal and usual big, bulky ones..

which do you think is better???? (saying the other one is easier than the other one isn't a reason)...

hoping that you would give me constructive if not just simple comments...thanks

Perhaps you should also consider what brand of monitors you are going to use... What factor in the monitor are you going to measure? The CO2 emission?

The scope of your research will probably still be broad because you said you are going to include their user-friendliness, etc... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://katemarieldizon.blogspot.com/
Cherryannmontejo

Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 pm

you have lots of topics in mind hannah..

hehehe...comparing the two types of monitor is not that broad, i think...

do we need to compare it since we all know at the first place that LCD monitors emits less CO2 compared to CDR.. kung kana imong i measure..

just a thought..pro pwede man ka mo go beyond comparison han..kaya na nimo ui..

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
PrincessLerit

PostSubject: hmmn..   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:06 pm

yeah you have a lot of ideas the two you mention is not bad i guess it's very interesting..
in choosing one of them i suggest that you choose the one that you are fond to do with:) hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://princessekeanne.blogspot.com
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:11 pm

well i think most of us know that LCD is better than CRT...anyways you should find some interesting features here...i think kate is right..consider the brands...they may have different results
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karren D. Adarna

Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:04 pm

i think it would be a great idea to take time to review and study which monitors are good to use considering its effect to our environment...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:59 pm

I guess....the comparison thing was easy, since we all know that LCD monitors are better and I guess LCD monitors are the result of the research made by a person in order to reduce CO2,...hihihi but then again if you will be comparing them in different aspects I think it would be nice, I have a CRT monitor so the information that would be produced would really help me...^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Marshall81

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 pm

CRT advantages:
Excellent color fidelity
Instantaneous response time (no motion blur)
Multisync capabilities (can display multiple resolutions & refresh rates without scaling)
High contrast
No input lag
Inexpensive

LCD advantages:
Lower power consumption
Thin form factor
Light weight
Sharp text rendering

LED advantages:
Lowest power consumption
Thin form factor
Light weight
Sharp text rendering
Good color fidelity
Lowest radiation

CRT monitors give the overall best picture quality, but do give off more radiation than other types of monitors, though it's still negligible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment   LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment Empty

Back to top Go down

LCD Monitor vs CRT Monitors for a Greener Environment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USEP-IC  :: OPEN DISCUSSIONS/CONSULTATIONS :: Research Topics-
Jump to: