HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Dan Gil

SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! Empty
PostSubject: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

-an application system that sets the computer in the most saving energy mode a pc can be!! also as an addition it will make the user aware of the funtions and conservations of his/her pc in just a click. it includes the following features:

* set screen saver off (can also be set)
* set standby monitor in 5 mins (can also be set)
* automatic shutdown in 1 hour (can also be set)
* promt user for PnP hardware that are active to be aware of the things connected to the computer that consumes energy. ex: printer,scanner, speaker...
* List all the voltages and watts consume by every hardware parts connected to be aware of better parts and most dangerous parts.
* It gives recommendation to the user (the most effective)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherryannmontejo

Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:18 pm

i am now confused sa imong idea ug kang labor..same lng man ata..hehhe..
peace jorj..comment pud sa akoa... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
Flodey Joyce Sanico

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 pm

hmmm...just wanna ask what's the goal of this topic...are you gonna make this application software?confused i'm just confused though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Cherryannmontejo wrote:
i am now confused sa imong idea ug kang labor..same lng man ata..hehhe..
peace jorj..comment pud sa akoa... cheers cheers cheers

basically his feature is included here...as a part of the feature of my system...as you can read it carefully..pleas do understand the contents and difference..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Flodey Joyce Sanico wrote:
hmmm...just wanna ask what's the goal of this topic...are you gonna make this application software?confused i'm just confused though.

the goal of this subject is to make a application that could trigger the features by just a click...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 pm

George Dan Gil wrote:
-an application system that sets the computer in the most saving energy mode a pc can be!! also as an addition it will make the user aware of the funtions and conservations of his/her pc in just a click. it includes the following features:

* promt user for PnP hardware that are active to be aware of the things connected to the computer that consumes energy. ex: printer,scanner, speaker...
* List all the voltages and watts consume by every hardware parts connected to be aware of better parts and most dangerous parts.

This is WOW... great idea.. hope that you could implement it george.. Good luck.. always think positive.. wag aayaw.. ahaha.. rofl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronic.Concepcion

Ronic.Concepcion

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:54 am

nice topic George...two thumbs up!

I hope that you could add more features to your software like, monitoring the connected components like printers, scanners, and etc. so that when those connected components are idle your software will automatically turn it off or prompt the user to turn it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mylair.tk
Karren D. Adarna

Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:39 pm

i think there already exist a system that allows an operating system to directly control the power saving aspects of its underlying hardware..I'm referringto The Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)..

anyways, this idea i think would be a big help for us to be always GREEN..

i amlloking forward for this..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Ronic.Concepcion wrote:
nice topic George...two thumbs up!

I hope that you could add more features to your software like, monitoring the connected components like printers, scanners, and etc. so that when those connected components are idle your software will automatically turn it off or prompt the user to turn it off.

yah...i think i will have to research for that too...since this software only for detection...thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Karren D. Adarna wrote:
i think there already exist a system that allows an operating system to directly control the power saving aspects of its underlying hardware..I'm referringto The Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)..

anyways, this idea i think would be a big help for us to be always GREEN..

i amlloking forward for this..

actually there are a lot of similar software like this..but as i notice they are also focusing on one features...i'll try to make integration and improvement whenever it is possible...thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kate Mariel Dizon

Kate Mariel Dizon

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm

George Dan Gil wrote:

this is very interesting, george. Very Happy i have read about similar applications but i hope you can include more features with yours. go and show us your incredible programming prowess! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://katemarieldizon.blogspot.com/
mariechelle alcoriza

mariechelle alcoriza

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:08 pm

this topic is really interesting...

are there existing application that are capable of doing those things you mentioned above?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 am

mariechelle alcoriza wrote:
this topic is really interesting...

are there existing application that are capable of doing those things you mentioned above?

yes...there are applications..but i will have my own focus idea about making recommendations...the last feature of this research
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:06 pm

go george. ^_^

I don't know if this has a bearing on your output application but i just want to know in what platform would this program run? or are you going to make it work in all platforms? ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmaine anne quadizar

charmaine anne quadizar

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:31 pm

very nice idea....it is like a tune up utilities that you only have to click it once and all the necessary things for ur pc will be done..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.charmisme.blogspot.com
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Wow I like the idea since it would cater anyone who has a PC or a lappie..

Like cha said...like tune up utilities, but I hope that more features will be included specially those students like us can use because we all know each user has different computing needs and I hope you'll focus more on what students like us needed. And about the platform issue it would really be nice if it runs on all platforms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:22 pm

JADE MIJARES wrote:
go george. ^_^

I don't know if this has a bearing on your output application but i just want to know in what platform would this program run? or are you going to make it work in all platforms? ^_^

In addition to this:Sungo ayo na part... if you really want that to work on different platforms, you have to study Linux base kernels. System programming.. paitah!

but always think Positive, wag aayaw... bom bom bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Dan Gil

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Sherwin S. Gaum wrote:
JADE MIJARES wrote:
go george. ^_^

In addition to this:Sungo ayo na part... if you really want that to work on different platforms, you have to study Linux base kernels. System programming.. paitah!

but always think Positive, wag aayaw... bom bom bom

yah..think positive....i'll will have to find out how to use it..since there are lot of software like tuneup...i will have to find their algo...well i hope so!!

think p0ositve!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!   SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

SEinC (Save Energy in a Click)!!!
Page 1 of 1