USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming

Go down 
+2
JADE MIJARES
ymrebmomville
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ymrebmomville

ymrebmomville

AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming Empty
PostSubject: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Dili ko sure sir if pwede na nga topic...

I'm thinking of how AC (air conditioners) aggravate the problem of global warming.. Since we are using ACs in our laboratory and faculty office, i want to limit my research in IC department specifically..

Air conditioning has become a convenient and commonplace addition to homes, businesses, and school offices or laboratories... but what most people don’t even consider are the damaging environmental and health effects that air conditioners have...

Not to mention the problems arising from global warming, which is causing the use of air conditioning to spike, also spiking the number of carbon emissions released into the air from those units.

Which means in trying to cool ourselves through global warming, we are actually adding to the problem every time you turn on your air conditioner to escape the heat.

hehehhe... ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://freedailyarticles.com/
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

could you give alternatives in your research on what to use instead of air-conditioners? is there a GREEN air-conditioner? hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Cherryannmontejo

Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:24 pm

life will never be the same again without the air conditioners...

i agree with jade..can you show some alternatives in your research . para naa pud comparison..

and if it is proved that AC really aggravate the problem of global warming, naa jud tendency na walaon xa..

hehehhe...peace out.. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
Flodey Joyce Sanico

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 pm

hmmm maybe this would do... but based on what I have read, this type of AC costs a lot. but it's a good idea to change the ACs at our labs. Very Happy

Source:
http://michaeldestries.greenoptions.com/2007/03/22/its-green-to-be-cool-new-solar-powered-air-conditioner-to-hit-market/
Back to top Go down
Karren D. Adarna

Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Ym, what's the objective of your study??

i mean, will your study convince us not use air conditions unless its eco-friendly?is there exist something like that??hehe

i'm just confused what your research will try to do..hehe
Back to top Go down
ymrebmomville

ymrebmomville

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 pm

to clear things up.. bale ang refrigerant nga CFC ug HFC na ginagamit sa mga AC ky naa harmful effects sa ozone layer...

although indirect xa, mka affect gihapon xa sa global warming ky ang ozone layer man mag deflect sa UVB na gina emit sa sun.. about 30% iya ma balik pagawas sa atmosphere.. the remaining 70% ke ma trap sa sulod (greenhouse effect).

So, if thin na kaayo ozone layer, mas dako ang percentage sa UVB nga matrap sa ato atmosphere.. meaning mas muinit... thus, aggravating the problem of global warming...

Since ang CFC ug HFC ky naga contain ug chlorine, which is mu react sa ozone, bale ginaguba nya atoa ozone layer.. ang composition sa ozone layer ky O3.. meaning 3 kabuok oxygen atoms..

CFC and HFC reach the stratosphere (ozone layer) because they are stable and does not react with other elements easily...

only strong UVB can destroy them that's why saka pa xa mabungkag kapag nka abot na xa sa ozone layer. after nya ma decompose, ang chlorine mureact na xa sa Ozone.. mao, imbis 3 ka atoms made up ang ozone, mahimo nlng 2 kabuok.. meaning na guba na xa.. nahimo na siyang diatomic... gets?? ehhehehe
Back to top Go down
http://freedailyarticles.com/
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:05 pm

hihi...first of all..sunggo au ko sa mga CFC ug UVB na nahitabo.. Very Happy

with regards to the topic.. I guess it would be better if the research would focus more on an alternative to ACs..hihihi what would be the possible to ACs which was already proven to be harmful to the environment, ozone layer to be specific...

ayun..but I like the idea that the studies primary purpose is to help the IC though the result woud surely help everyone who has ACs at home or at any establishment.

ayun,,,
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming   AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming Empty

Back to top Go down

AC (air conditioners) aggravating the problem of global warming
Page 1 of 1