USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing

Go down 
+2
hannah rhea hernandez
ronie_biloy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ronie_biloy

ronie_biloy

Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing Empty
PostSubject: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

According to the article i had read:

This "Green PCs" offers a complete ergonomic solution to increasing worldwide environmental legislation. Also are designed to rigorously comply with new,stringent EU (European Union) guidelines, which will new force by mid 2006,restricting the use of hazardous substances.

This would answered the question:

How these "Green PCs" be useful in depleting the ozone layer?

http://www.fujitsu.com/ph/services/computing/pc/news/articles/green.html
Back to top Go down
hannah rhea hernandez

hannah rhea hernandez

Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:07 pm

your topic seems a lot related to mine.. but then again we are pretty limited inside the "Green IT topic" walls..
just like you I have found a lot of companies producing Green IT based computers... but knowing its full effects to the environment are still pretty small so I think making a research out of it would be great..
Back to top Go down
http://woophie.blogspot.com
Cherryannmontejo

Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:16 pm

you have lots of topics in mind..that great..

hehhehe..unsa jud imong topic???

but this one is great..i think its the same with mine also..
Back to top Go down
http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
Karren D. Adarna

Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:14 pm

i think this would really be a good help for our department just like the others who had almost the same idea with yours..

hope you can implement this one, if approved by our instructor..
Back to top Go down
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Is Eco-Friendly PC a specific type(brand) of PC or is it a general term for PC's that are eco friendly. If it is a general term, are you suggesting that all of these brands should be tried in our laboratories? If this is a specific brand, then your research is all about this "brand" of PC. Am i right?
Back to top Go down
ronie_biloy

ronie_biloy

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Not to sure jade..But your idea is right . My topic is pointing to the PCs in our department that our department should used this new Green PC's.

Example of this green PC's is the FUJITSU Siemens Computers or what they called it as ESPRIMO remember when we did our Philnits review, the review center used FUJITSU as there PC's, the new global Professional PC brand. But not just this ESPRIMO there are other PC's like PC's made of wood (body only) syempre dili na made of wood ang peripherals. But this peripherals are made of least LED that could contribute in our environment because of least chlorofluorocarbon.
Back to top Go down
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Now I'm really confused seems like all of the topic here are all about green PCs and the like. But my concern would be the same as jades'. is the term "Green PC" here a brand of a PC that is eco-friendly? and since it will be deployed in the laboratories do you think it is possible that the university can really purchase those PCs since I guess everything is not still available in the Philippines and then I heard that the university purchased new units for the laboratories don't you think it would be more impossible for the university to implement this... If they purchase new PCs now I guess purchasing again new PCs in two years time is not a good idea. And one more thing if ever you think that the university may implement it in 10 years time I guess that would make your study (if ever ) obsolete. Ten years is quite a time and I'm sure that in ten years time there are new innovations more efficient and more eco-friendly. hihihi
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
ronie_biloy

ronie_biloy

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:24 pm

This is just a proposal jonel and it's up to the university if they implement this kind of proposal. In order for the University to gain improvement one of the step the they must acquire is by accepting that future lead to new innovation. The one that i mentioned in ESPRIMO is a example only, and you mentioned that ten year from there are lot of new innovation such innovation is reflecting to green pc. For this proposal is a basis to go along those new innovation...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing   Eco-Friendly PCs(Green PC) For Lab1 And Lab2 Of USEP-Institute of Computing Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1