USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR

Go down 
+6
ymrebmomville
Cherryannmontejo
Sherwin S. Gaum
Ronic.Concepcion
angel mae b. brua
JADE MIJARES
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR Empty
PostSubject: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am

I believe that in our readings we all have come across PCs that are tagged as GREEN, or computer components
such as monitors, CPUs, mother boards, etc. that also belong to group of environmental friendly products. On their own each component is considered as environmental friendly, but how about if we look at it as a whole(the complete set). Could we still consider the set as "GREEN"?

To further illustrate the point of the study, lets say we are using a monitor that has a black screen(considered to be green), combined with a normal cpu. The monitor is environmental friendly but the cpu is not, probably the cpu consumes a lot of energy during any working day. Could we still consider the setup as GREEN? Probably you would say no, but at what point could we consider the setup as GREEN? and when is it NOT? At what point does the GREEN components offset the damage being done by the components that are not?

To further support the paragraph above, take for example a gallon of green paint, if you mix a drop of red paint to it, the effects would be negligible. At what point or how much red paint should you mix in order the make the gallon of paint NOT green?

This research would be limited to the regular components of a "set of PC" (monitor, System Unit, AVR, and the components inside the system unit.) This would involve research on what a GREEN component is and a comparison with its counterpart. It also involves computations and formulas (possibly averaging and percentages) in able to compute the percentage of "GREENESS" of a Personal Computer.

I hope you say something about the proposal. Any reaction or comment is welcome. ^_^
Back to top Go down
angel mae b. brua

angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:40 pm

wow...

Goodluck on your study Jade..
I think you and Simon has a same idea but then again his topic is about gaming..
Hope that Sir would approve our topics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gelaneam.blogspot.com
Ronic.Concepcion

Ronic.Concepcion

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

hmmm, I'm just wondering, What does your green calculator calculate? is it C02 level emissions? Energy Consumption?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mylair.tk
Sherwin S. Gaum

Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:25 pm

JADE MIJARES wrote:

This research would be limited to the regular components of a "set of PC" (monitor, System Unit, AVR, and the components inside the system unit.) This would involve research on what a GREEN component is and a comparison with its counterpart. It also involves computations and formulas (possibly averaging and percentages) in able to compute the percentage of "GREENESS" of a Personal Computer.

I hope you say something about the proposal. Any reaction or comment is welcome. ^_^

Could you justify the objective/s of your topic?! I guess, it involves a thorough invistiagtion because you should consider different variety of each part also. There are lots of brand name of each part which have different power consumption, wattage, etc. Is it all about having a comparison among PC parts?

In addition, this could be patched to my proposed topic, eLIB-YOU: Utilizing Virtual Library Through Thin Clients.

Just feel free to visit my post.. thanks.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Cherryannmontejo

Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 pm

hei jade..feel free to visit my thread also..

about your topic, i guess its the same with mariechelle also but like what ronic said, what does it calculate??
what do you mean by calculating the percentage of greeness of a PC??

but it's a good topic. i know you can always think of nice ideas..go jade..let's just wait for an approval..

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
ymrebmomville

ymrebmomville

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm

just asking if are you going to create this GREEN computer set kuya jade? hehehe

if you are, maybe it will costs a lot and require technical skills... But if you can implement it,
do you have plan to introduce it in the market? ahehhehe...
Back to top Go down
http://freedailyarticles.com/
Karren D. Adarna

Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 2:29 pm

ymrebmomville wrote:
just asking if are you going to create this GREEN computer set kuya jade? hehehe

if you are, maybe it will costs a lot and require technical skills... But if you can implement it,

as to what i understand, jade will not make a green computer, his system will just calculate and identify if the computer is really GREEN, that is to say,it is environmentally friendly..

Well this system is good i think..

but Jade, are you going to use Mariecelle's system if ever?or Mariechelle will use this system of yours?
Back to top Go down
mariechelle alcoriza

mariechelle alcoriza

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:15 pm

yeah, i am quite confused..
heheh
anyway jade, we can combine our ideas to that.
how would you know if that computer is a green computer?
Back to top Go down
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 pm

To all those who replied and commented on my topic thank you very much. To all those who viewed it i hope your curiosity was picked and you will reply next time you vist. ^_^ To answer some of your questions:

To Ronic and Chenchen: My proposal will not calculate CO2 emissions. It will calculate power consumption as a PART of the computing the "GREENESS" of the PC but conclusions would not be drawn solely on that aspect. I think we should define first what i mean by calculating the Greeness of the PC.

We all know that being GREEN means that it is environmental friendly. So, how am i going to MEASURE it. This will be the difficult part because being GREEN is something abstract, like love, for example. How could you MEASURE love? How could i measure GREENESS? As i said on the above paragraph power consumption will be a part of computing it. Other factors will still be considered. To give another example, aside from what i mentioned at the first post: given a computer that that has a very low power consumption, we could say right away that it is GREEN. but if this computer emits radiation at low amounts would we still consider it as GREEN. All in all, the calculator that i'm proposing will determine the GREENESS of the said PC. both factors, the low power consumption AND the emission of radiation will be considered. If i was the one who will decide i would say that the PC in the example I gave could not be considered GREEN even with the low power consumption.
Back to top Go down
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:59 pm

mariechelle alcoriza wrote:
yeah, i am quite confused..
heheh
anyway jade, we can combine our ideas to that.
how would you know if that computer is a green computer?

A part of my research will be of course defining GREEN components of a PC and what makes them GREEN. As to the answer to your question i think i answered part of it in my previous post in answer to Ronic and Chenchen's comment.
Back to top Go down
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Sherwin S. Gaum wrote:

Could you justify the objective/s of your topic?! I guess, it involves a thorough invistiagtion because you should consider different variety of each part also. There are lots of brand name of each part which have different power consumption, wattage, etc. Is it all about having a comparison among PC parts?

In addition, this could be patched to my proposed topic, eLIB-YOU: Utilizing Virtual Library Through Thin Clients.

Just feel free to visit my post.. thanks.. ^_^

I agree that it involves a lot of research to define a GREEN component. But that is the purpose "researching" ^_^. I will only limit my research to a few components that are prominent in a PC. I don't actually have to research "every" brand, i only have to know a component that is considered as GREEN. All other brands will then be compared to this GREEN component. In effect this GREEN component will be the STANDARD for the other components. For example, an AVR that has a power consumption of only 20W (kung meron ^_^). If this is the lowest i can find then this will be the STANDARD on which others AVR's will be compared. Given this example, we could say that an AVR that consumes 40W is only 50% GREEN.
This example is only for the AVR component. I intent to collate all the "GREENESS" percentages for every component and come up with a GREENESS for the whole unit.
I know i already explained this to you in person but i just wrote some of my explanations here for the other readers. ^_^
Back to top Go down
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:16 pm

ymrebmomville wrote:

hehehehe. hindi po ako magiimbento ng computer na ganito hahahah. ^_^ kung maganda at ang resulta ng research at merong magkainteres na bumili ng research ko e di bakit hindi ^_^.
Back to top Go down
ronie_biloy

ronie_biloy

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 pm

I think your idea jade is quiet reflecting in mine. i do not further emphasize my topic in order for them to be surprise in the day of representation but as i read your topic it is also reflecting mine in the sense that your other concerned is also green pc's. In my own understanding lang ha as i read your topic....
Back to top Go down
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Waaahhh....... this topic I guess would be very broad since it will deal with computing the "GREENESS" of the computer. It has to consider lots of factors in order to do such computation. It may require lots of computations to come up with an accurate formula on how to compute the "GREENESS" of the computer. But still it would be very good if its output is a device which computes the "GREENESS" of the computer. Its more convenient that way, just input the PC setup components like how many watts used or everything that effects the "GREENESS" of the PC setup and will directly give you the answer of how "GREEN" is yours.. Very Happy hahahah pati ako naglibog sa ako gusto ipaabot.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
JADE MIJARES

JADE MIJARES

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Jonel Amora wrote:
Waaahhh....... this topic I guess would be very broad since it will deal with computing the "GREENESS" of the computer. It has to consider lots of factors in order to do such computation. It may require lots of computations to come up with an accurate formula on how to compute the "GREENESS" of the computer. But still it would be very good if its output is a device which computes the "GREENESS" of the computer. Its more convenient that way, just input the PC setup components like how many watts used or everything that effects the "GREENESS" of the PC setup and will directly give you the answer of how "GREEN" is yours.. Very Happy hahahah pati ako naglibog sa ako gusto ipaabot.. Very Happy

parang ganun nga ung output ng study ^_^. pero i don't think that it is too broad. the only problem would arise when a component's "GREENESS" could not be expressed in mathematical terms or in other words the GREENESS of the computer is a qualitative. fortunately most components are considered green because they save on power consumption. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jonel Amora

Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

JADE MIJARES wrote:
Jonel Amora wrote:

parang ganun nga ung output ng study ^_^. pero i don't think that it is too broad. the only problem would arise when a component's "GREENESS" could not be expressed in mathematical terms or in other words the GREENESS of the computer is a qualitative. fortunately most components are considered green because they save on power consumption. ^_^

aw..hihihi xenxa jade...just read your reply to sherwins query. Ngayun ko lang nabasa.. I said it was broad because I thought you will be studying every brand that is available on the market..(even those not in the phil. ^^) and I also read that you will limit your study to components that are prominent in every PC. Kala ko kasi lahat talaga..as in even those components that are not common to every PC. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR   GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR Empty

Back to top Go down

GREEN COMPUTER CALCULATOR
Page 1 of 1