USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Environment friendly: pc vs laptop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PrincessLerit

Environment friendly: pc vs laptop Empty
PostSubject: Environment friendly: pc vs laptop   Environment friendly: pc vs laptop EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 pm

derived from its name it will be a comparison between the pc and laptops on which of the two is the most environment friendly.
Actually i was wondering if i could just differentiate the win-based laptop and mac laptop but i guess one of my classmates propose it in a different manner which i think her research is about pc.... what do you think? should i go for the pc vs laptop or window based laptop vs mac based laptop? i need it to hear from you guys:) thanks:)
Back to top Go down
http://princessekeanne.blogspot.com
Marshall81

Environment friendly: pc vs laptop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment friendly: pc vs laptop   Environment friendly: pc vs laptop EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes, desktop computers use more energy than do laptop computers, partially because laptops don't have separate monitors that need to be powered. While both desktops and laptops have sleep settings, it is also claimed that the sleep setting of a laptop draws less power. However, when assessing the environmental impact of these computers, you have to consider the entire lifespan of a computer. Desktops typically last longer than laptops, and laptops use batteries, which are very harmful e-waste if they wind up not being recycled. Therefore, landfill-wise, laptops aren't necessarily better.

Back to top Go down

Environment friendly: pc vs laptop
Page 1 of 1