USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?

Go down 
+46
michaelobero
Jennifer Conta
jeanette vale
george_norman_patayon
Katrina Cecilia A. Elid
leinad09
Phoebe Angelie H Gallardo
rancisolanobero
Mary Claire P. Avila
irelene cosicol
Zara Mae Ontal
Allan S. Cabusora
Rudy_Comawas_Jr
Allan Gregor Gepulla
Daisy Jane E. Jabican
Cariza Joy A. Ensoy
James Isidro
Shirley "df" Reuyan
Beverly L. Rabaja
kenneth
Ralph Gideon Doron
vinceilagan
Dianne Jean Dumdum
Edward S. Baylon
irwinrod
Marybert V. Lee
Benjamin_Abadilla_Jr
Alaina_Simbal
Ruchan Alangilan
Sherwin_Elioreg
Ma. Monique H. Asuque
Genne Zareth Fernandez
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman
nesscel_ann_calara
festejoteodoroIII
Axel Ros E. Campaña
michael_reggie_gloria
cherilyn lagare
jezrelle larubes
raffyprongo
maria edna hernandez
kevin.cris.ramos
Jonalyn Sanchez
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales
arnulfotaghoyjr
eyesee
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ralph Gideon Doron

Ralph Gideon Doron

What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Recommendation   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 am

What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminars Program?

I highly recommend to visit the companies that has a little bit of lectures but can show the students a lot about technology. Also, it is better if the planning is done quite earlier than what our field trip had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mydoodlylife.tumblr.com
kenneth

What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fieldtrip and Seminar Programs   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 am

I would recommend that while the schedule of the fieldtrip is far you should have already a sinking fund of your class room because it can help you in case of emergencies. And while it is far you should already saving your money for the payments so that your parents will not have a hard time to produce a large amount of money and you will surely going to join and enjoy your fieldtrip and seminar program.
Back to top Go down
Beverly L. Rabaja

Beverly L. Rabaja

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am

My recommendation for improvement of the Field trip and Seminar Program is to meet the possible enrollee for at least a semester advance for the incoming students who will be a part of the FTS in the future, for them to be aware of the payments that they will be paying for to be accommodated. And also it will also be much advantage if they will be going to Cebu because as we all know there are lots of IT related companies there and have a potential to compete on the International market. There must be along time preparation for it to be more successful, means preparing for excellence on the basic part of planning thus producing conducive learning to the students and to meet their financial abilities.

Back to top Go down
Shirley "df" Reuyan

Shirley

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 am

What can I recommend for the improvement of the fieldtrip and seminar program?

For the improvement of the next fieldtrip and seminar I do recommend that the faculty will give us or the next students plenty of time to prepare the financial needs of the said events. And maybe if we had an abundance of time, I’m pretty sure that we can visit a lot of companies which is really related to our course. And, I propose for the improvement of the next FTS, I hope that there we can come together to our friends, because we are divided into different sections.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
James Isidro

James Isidro

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 am

Honestly, this was a great success. But for it to become more successful I recommend that they should make a plan as early as possible and with that the students will be aware of the cost and the likes. They should have a very clear communication with the Travel Agency to avoid hassles, etc.
Back to top Go down
Cariza Joy A. Ensoy

Cariza Joy A. Ensoy

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 am

What can I recommend for the improvement of the fieldtrip and seminar program is that to raise the money needed earlier when they decide to have the national fieldtrip. Raising such amount is a problem since we are only studying in a state university. Time must be maximized and be used properly. For the improvement is to have companies to visit where IT and CS students can relate to because some companies we visited taught us more on the electronics although it is quite relate. Good preparations are all we wanted though we know flaws are unavoidable but at least try to prevent it like the list and division of students in busses and flights. In our trip some students got confused where to go because they are interchanged here and there. Sleep plays also a vital role for the participants and officers. Sleeping time must be imposed because participants tend to sleep in lectures and company visits.

Last edited by Cariza Joy A. Ensoy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://codeeat.blogspot.com
Daisy Jane E. Jabican

Daisy Jane E. Jabican

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:22 am

As for the sake to those students who enrolled in the subject Field and Trip Seminars – I would suggest that they will informed it very early so that the students and also his/her family could prepare so much for the incoming field trip. State how much money will be going to spent so that they could afford the expenses and paid it before on due day of payment. The field trip and seminar should explain every detail of it in order for the students to prepare themselves on what they are going to do. Thus, they should also be aware of their physical aspect like what kind of dress they’re going to wear.

I would also recommend that they should have a fair company visit so that the students can have identical and the same learning gain during the field trip. Furthermore, they would also manage very clearly the time management because it seems that it caused so much delay. And also, they should entrust visitations to the company which will actually facilitate the students more to gain knowledge related to the course.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dheizyjane.weebly.com
Allan Gregor Gepulla

Allan Gregor Gepulla

PostSubject: appendix 1   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 am

Since the very problem we got was the duration of sleep… I don’t know… How should we fix it??? A better arrangement of the schedules should be made. Or maybe there will always be a bus who will be heading back to the hotel. All the buses came to the same shopping areas, anyways.
The hotel was also disturbing for some reasons; they didn’t take care of us that well. Their water was also disturbing since it wasn’t potable. What kind of hotel is that? Good thing we haven’t spent so much time at the hotel. But it really disturbs me in the morning when I want to drink water and I should conserve mine.
Next time also, remove the boring part like what I have mentioned, drawing. Drawing can only be enjoyed for public view if it is finished.
For the companies to revisit, those would be, SSS, PLDT and MMDA. Of course, UP Diliman, it’s not really a company, though. IBM Innovation Center and SeaChange were also fun, I forgot to mention.
I also hate the people from the higher class of life when it comes to IT. They boast on using proprietary software and laughs at us for using open-source. Crap! They don’t consider their audience economic status when advising. I really hate those kinds of people.
Then I guess, finally, if we will just go to the mall, I hope we can make it earlier… we really missed the chance in Trinoma. It wasn’t our fault, though. Let’s just deal with it if no other options.

Last edited by Allan Gregor Gepulla on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rudy_Comawas_Jr

Rudy_Comawas_Jr

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

For me, one thing that I can recommend for the field trip and seminars that the parents will inform earlier so that they can find an exact amount of money to provide in the field trip because it takes a lot of time and money is hard to find.

Back to top Go down
Allan S. Cabusora

Allan S. Cabusora

PostSubject: What I can recommend for the improvement of the field trip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

What I can recommend for the improvement of the field trip and Seminar Program?

As a student, my recommendation about the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program is just stick to the planned schedule and if in case there are changes, keep in touch on the updated schedule. This activity needs to be planned wisely, the planning should be finalized maybe before a week or a month of the activity.
Also, the clustering of students by bus, to have to fully enjoyment of the students, group them according to their closed or maybe just group them by section. Mostly of there friends are there classmates.
I guess that's all. I hope the next Field Trip and Seminars Program will be more adventurous and enjoy.

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Zara Mae Ontal

Zara Mae Ontal

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 am

There should be more companies to visit and a one day allowance for relaxation. As what I've experienced it was so tiring. And in choosing for the companies to visit, the students should make sure that it's an IT and CS related company.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://zarzkieness.tumblr.com/
irelene cosicol

irelene cosicol

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

Actually, in my own opinion, the event conducted was a successful one. However, I have gathered some of points to consider that might help for the improvement of the event:
• Bus Assignments
As what I’d observed during the event, one of the things that consumed greater time was about the finding and searching of the buses assigned for us. Some of the students were on the bus they should be not and because of that there might students visited a company twice since every bus went to different destinations. In order to lessen the time consumed on finding our assigned buses and also to avoid some misconceptions, I would suggest that prior to the event, the students must be fully informed on the assignment of buses.
• Time limitations for the Companies
In regards with the company visits, I would suggest that as possible there would be a time limitation for each company that will be visited because as what I’ve noticed some companies consumed a long period of time just on advertising and presenting their company, lecturing about their History, and not about what we wanted to hear and learned.
Back to top Go down
Mary Claire P. Avila

Mary Claire P. Avila

PostSubject: recommendations   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 am

Since it was the pioneering group for the FTS subject, I can say it wasn’t perfect as expected but it went well somehow. There were just few mistakes that were easily resolved. As what I can observe I can recommend to have enough time to prepare for the expenses for the trip. On our case it was hard to raise the amount we needed in just 2 months time. It would be better if the next FTS student will have time to prepare for the amount they will need especially if next FTS destination will possibly be on SINGAPORE. I also suggest allowing the student to choose what batch and bus they will be in. It is better to be with your close friends in experiencing this kind of opportunity in your life. In this way the students will have fun more than being together with those people you are not close with. It is also better to settle bus arrangements and batches ahead of time. Personal copies of itinerary should also be given earlier.
Back to top Go down
rancisolanobero

rancisolanobero

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:42 am

in my own opinion, i was satisfied of all the services that Maynilad, Garden Plaza, and even the officers of our FTS!

even though i was not able to accomplish and visit all the companies, i was satisfied because I was able to go to some areas or places in Manila, even eat , go to PBB house, went to Tagaytay, Enchanted Kingdom!

i was exposed to new technologies and new ideas.!

one of the greatest achievement! hehehe (n_n)

hoping for the next FTS, Hotel Accommodation well be more presentable and conducive, because some of the students are not satisfied with their rooms and services!

i also recommend (pahabol) a consistent bus assignment! (n_n)

have a blessed day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:02 am

I suggest the facilitators to give students one day to wander around anywhere they want as long as they know the place and can go back to the meeting place themselves. I also suggest visiting tourist spot after company visits everyday for the students to unwind. When it comes to company visits, I was quite contented on each of their presentations. I just hope the companies prepared freebies for the students. The travel agency that serviced us treated and catered us very well. I just suggest them to take us to more historic places. Also, I recommend the travel agencies to choose nice hotel because honestly, Garden Plaza hotel is a creepy place for me. The facilities there are defective. The toilet bowl’s flush is not functioning well. There were also lots of tiny cockroaches wandering around the room. The breakfast we had in the hotel is very common and is limited. The manager there is not approachable. There is no proper distribution of assigned restaurants in different bus and it is unfair on my part so I suggest the agency to properly plan for this.

Last edited by Phoebe Angelie H Gallardo on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
leinad09

leinad09

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am

hmmm.. well base on my own experience there. Five days for me seems to be very short. It is much better to make it a 6-day field trip and seminar. And during the last day, much better to reserve it for shopping and recreation activity. My experience in Enchanted Kingdom seems too short. huhu. I want to try some other rides there. It was very time consuming. But still the purpose of the field trip is for business matters. We have to act as IT professional. Anyway, the experience is still thumbs up for me, because I learned so many things there.
Back to top Go down
Katrina Cecilia A. Elid

Katrina Cecilia A. Elid

PostSubject: Recommend   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm

For those who will take the Field Trip and seminar program next year, I recommend that all students should know their schedules. Like the bus arrangement, schedules of company visit and time schedules.
my blog: Like what happened in PLDT Company. Some of us haven't visited the company because they have no forms. That is why some of my classmates haven't visited the Hitachi GST Company. This situation is an example of tiime conflict. And it can ruin all the schedules. I hope this kind of problem can help the next batch to improve this kind of situation

my blog:

http://katrinaelid.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Katrina Cecilia A. Elid on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
george_norman_patayon

george_norman_patayon

PostSubject: My Recomendations   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Well, there are only few things that I want to emphasize in the trip, first is the Tagaytay and the Enchanted Kingdom. The very reason why I was very enthusiastic with the trip is because of the Tagaytay and the Enchanted Kingdom trip, but it was very disappointing because we had limited time. We were not able to ride the exciting rides like the space shuttle and others; the great ride I rode was only the anchors away, beside that nothing. Because of the anchors away, it gave me an eagerness to ride all the heart pumping rides for me to enjoy everything but it was nothing because it was limited. Tagaytay was also short. I wish to ride their zipline and return riding with a cable car, but I was not able to do that because of the limited time and they did not allow us to go to that place because it was not on the itinerary. If I could only go back there, I would ride all those rides.
I would also want to suggest that next time; they should pick a better hotel. Although the people there are accommodating and the hotel is not that bad at all, but it was creepy in there and my bed was on the floor (that’s what my father call a “floor master”) and there were five of us in a room, and there were some rooms where there are six of them and some rooms place their bed like the squatter’s area where like it was no other place to put the bed. I suggest that next time, the maximum number of people in a room would be 4 people and a hotel which is not creepy looking and I hope that next time the hotel is inviting and does have a free WiFi, not like there where you have to pay 65 pesos to avail the WiFi access.
The buss arrangement also should be boys and girls so that companies would not think that our university is a boy’s town or girl’s town. Most of the companies we have gone to ask us “CoEd ba and school niyo? Kasi lalake kayong lahat” which was really irritating.
Last and the most important thing is the food, most of the food they serve is very disappointing, some were tasteless, and some food has that weird tastes. My favorite restaurant was the sizzlers where we were able to eat properly and delightfully, other than that was disappointing. Some students also have to eat in the same yummy restaurant while poor us have to eat twice in the tasteless food at the hotel.
Back to top Go down
jeanette vale

jeanette vale

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm

I found the program very relevant for us. The only thing which I didn’t like is the schedule. I may not be very particular about the transactions and agreements made by the people concerned but, the very tight schedule definitely affects the concentration of students, most especially because every company visit would require some walking up and down the stairs, listening to discussions and a few minutes of standby positions.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Conta

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:31 pm

What can I recommend for the improvement of the Field Trip and Seminars Program?

- I recommend that students even from the second semester of their second year in IC should be oriented about the program so that if the amount that is needed by each student will be well prepared by their parents, giving them more time.

- I also recommend that students should be given one free day where they could roam around on their own in Metro Manila or wherever the location of the fieldtrip is. They should also have a log book recording where they would go, the time they left and the contact number of the person they are with. This is based on what we have observed on the field trip because there was so little time when we are allowed to go other paces in Manila. We haven’t much felt that we are in Manila until our extension of our fieldtrip. I was one of the students who had our weekends in Luzon, and it was really different because we came to socialize more close to the people from Luzon not only our classmates and schoolmates.

Last edited by Jennifer Conta on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michaelobero

PostSubject: rancis michael obero   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:55 pm

What I can recommend for the improvement of the Field Trip and Seminar?

To those in coming 3rd year students who will take this subject, I suggest that they save and prepare money for this subject because it really expensive. To those who are interested in this subject I can say that the money you’ll spend in this Educational Tour is satisfying because we will engaged in the new trends of technologies that the companies mostly used.
So as the first batch of this subject I think are many recommendation that could be recommend in order to fully succeed in that kind of activity. For me my recommendation is to fix all the schedules and agenda so that during the actual day of the Field Trip everything is organized and clear because what I have experienced in our major Field Trip and Seminar at Metro Manila it has many changes done in the schedule especially in the buses assigned. I would also recommend to have fair company visit to all students for the student to have same knowledge gained in the said Field trip because for me it’s quite unfair in the side of other group of students.

Back to top Go down
merafe hangad

merafe hangad

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:11 pm

What I can recommend for the improvement of the fieldtrip and seminar?

For those students who will be taking up this subject in the near future, I can utter only that starting from this day take a small amount from your daily allowance and start saving money now for this subject because it is an expensive matter. I know that the next fieldtrip and seminar would be a little far away from our fieldtrip today. I would suggest that find a place where it is an IT park and have a company which is using a high-technology machine and a latest technology this time.

For the next officer, I would suggest that they will must be attentive and work the task early and completely. As what I observe to the officer in our fieldtrip they didn’t work properly the responsibility that assigned to them. And I can say that the president is not as responsible as what I observe because in times in our meeting he sometimes not around.
Back to top Go down
Niño Odlazir Matidios

Niño Odlazir Matidios

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 pm

The things I want to recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program is first the officers should consider their members as their best friends. And secondly is they should give the breakdown of expense to each students to prove that they have spent the money honestly .

click to redirect to my blog
http://icanrabbit.com alien
Back to top Go down
michael anthony jandayan

michael anthony jandayan

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Recommendation

Without a doubt this first ever Field Trip and Seminars subject was a major success and I am very much proud to be one of the pioneering students. I really do hope that there will be a lot of students in the future that will experience or even exceed what we have experienced during our time. In relation with that, I may suggest a few minor recommendations that I believe, in one way or another, could help improve the next FTS to come.
I would love to recommend the minimizing of the students that go on tour in the same company at the same time, as much as possible. That is because, sometimes when we tour the facilities of a company, several students especially the ones who always fell behind the others in the group can’t even hear or cope up with what the tour guide or the lecturer is saying. Or in the worst case scenario, students can’t even enter a facility, just like what happened when we visited the traffic engineering department of MMDA, the one where the control room of the traffic lights is located I guess. The room was so slim and small, that it cannot accommodate all of us inside it. So, several students were just lurking outside or looking amazingly at the footages of vehicular accidents being played on plasma screens. Perhaps a scheduling mechanism could have probably solved the problem.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin_Simo

Wilkin_Simo

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 pm

My recommendation or the improvement of the field trip and Seminar is that is would just be the same as the first FTS. The schedule also must be fix and no more any problem to be encounter. I have observe that some of the schedule are not fix and many changes were made.

The time also during the field trip must be followed because when have our field trip some of the schedule has not been followed especially during the National Seminar. The schedule for the Mini conference for USEP and UP has not been done because of some delays of skeds.
Back to top Go down
http://willspat.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program?   What can I recommend for the improvement of the Fieldtrip and Seminar Program? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2