USEP-IC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)

Go down 
+37
mae m. mara
Alfredo V. Ala-an
Gleizelle Jen Dieparine
desiree
Jezreel Jyl P. Hilado
Stihl Lhyn Samonte
neil rey c. niere
John Paul Pulido
Sheila Capacillo
creza_jill_bulacito
brian c. namuag
Joseph Ethel Valdez
aeros salaga
joverly gonzales
Shiela Marie P. Nara
Fritzielaine A. Barcena
Jovanne Nick Cacayan
mayraflordurango
Norena T. Nicdao
Maria Theresa F. Rulete
sharlyn joy pines
Ariel Serenado
shane sacramento
florenzie_palma
kristine_delatorre
carla comoda
jerald jean pullos
Russel John Serrano
rowell_pines
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo
jojimie
Jevelyn Labor
amielou.falcon
Marlie E. Sisneros
juvilynconsejo
Chris Romarate
eyesee
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eyesee

eyesee

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Empty
PostSubject: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Think of the future, develop a Job Description for a job you would like to hold. (500 words)
Back to top Go down
Chris Romarate

PostSubject: Being a Web Designer   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:35 pm

What is a Web Design?
According to a common online encyclopedia, Web Designing is the skill of creating presentations of content (usually hypertext or hypermedia) that is delivered to an end-user through the World Wide Web, by way of web browser or other Web-enabled software like Internet television clients, microblogging clients and RSS readers and therefore, the person who creates the web sites is the Web Designer.

Technology nowadays is expanding at an increasingly high speed due to the thriving expansion of the Internet. The World Wide Web has taken a strong hold on the vast majority of businesses and organizations, becoming a principal means of marketing and providing information. The number of Web sites in use increases every minute-skyrocketing job opportunities for Web site developers and designers - Webmasters. Today's companies seek professionals with the skills and training to produce effective Web sites that can attract the billions of consumers surfing the Web every day.

Being a web designer it is not an easy task. Before creating a web site and uploading a website you have to plan eagerly in order that your project will be done properly. Thoroughly considering the audience or target market, as well as defining the purpose and deciding what content will be developed are extremely important.

Part of the web designer's task is to create pages that can be used on any type of server (a central computer in a network that stores files and provides these files to individual computers) and viewed with any type of browser (the software that enables people to access the World Wide Web). To do this, a web designer must be familiar with issues of browser/server compatibility, including which browsers and servers work well together and which ones do not. In addition, the designer must know computer languages such as Javascript, which can be used to create web pages that are compatible with a wide range of hardware and software.

Website design is comprised of many steps. Depending on the employer and the designer's skills, typical duties may involve:

* Translating a client's marketing or informational content into a functional website.
* Mapping or outlining a website's structural content.
* Creating or editing images and graphics for website use.
* Determining all coding requirements for site creation including: e-commerce capability, forms and specialized
scripts.
* Creating templates of approved website layout.
* Coding website using HTML, or GUI design software.
* Coordinating with programmers for specialized scripts.
* Creating verbal content for the website or using approved content from the client.
* Integrating verbal content with site design for final product.
* Posting completed site to internet server using FTP software.
* Making changes to the site directed by client.
* Submitting completed site to search engines.

Some web designers possess all the skills listed above, while others only possess a portion of them.

If you have the right technology background and can learn new software quickly, a career as a web designer can be very lucrative. Web design skills are important in every industry now and they afford motivated people the chance to run their own business.

Reference:
http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/142/Web-Designer.html
http://www.degreesource.com/articles/89/1/Web-Designer-Job-Description/1.html

You may visit my blog site at, http://apprenticelife.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
juvilynconsejo

juvilynconsejo

PostSubject: Technology Systems Coordinator   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Do you want to be a Technology Systems Coordinator?

Introduction

It will oversee a variety of IT systems within a secondary school environment, provide immediate troubleshooting for day-to-day problems as well as long-term strategic IT planning and advise/instruct faculty and staff in the effective use of technology hardware and software.

Nowadays, most of our countrymen have been going to abroad and few professionals are left here just to serve the motherland that's why many institution find employee who is deserving of the specified job. I can see that IT professionals are very in demand here, particularly in education field. And if you are fortunate and have a good attitudes, as well as, willing to face obstacles and you have the, what we called confidence and dedication to your work you will possibly earn money.

Some duties include but are not limited to the following:

1. Systems Administration: keep phone system, computer equipment, hardware/software updated; maintain servers, email system, computer aspects of HVAC, building access, security alarm systems; maintain log-ins, tape back-up systems, printers, other shared services; monitor firewall; manage site licenses; maintain documentation of systems.

2. Technology Support: provide help desk support to staff; through troubleshooting and training one-on-one or by conducting group training sessions; work with Business Manager to identify and purchase office and academic hardware and software; configure servers and workstations; recommend and schedule updates and repairs as needed.

3. Technology Management and Planning: work with Business Manager to manage relationships with third party vendors to procure technology equipment, services and support and maintain technology systems; take the lead on maintaining and updating the school technology plan; evaluate new technology systems, products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services; maintain accurate inventory documentation for financial reports and licensing needs; oversee disaster recovery plan.

4. Lead in administering the school’s participation in the Federal eRate program, including overseeing the application process, reimbursement requests, and documentation for audits.

5. Oversee the school’s website: manage content and design; troubleshoot problems; prepare information for posting using relevant software such as Adobe Photoshop.

Next will be the required skills:

* Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field is required.

* Minimum 3 years related experience with demonstrated ability to provide support on: Windows Server, Microsoft Office, Windows XP, Barracuda firewall, website maintenance, and a variety of software used in schools and offices (QuickBooks, DonorPerfect, Administrators Plus, Smartboards, etc.).

* Must have strong proven organizational skills and maintain confidentiality.

* Candidate must have ability to prioritize work assignments and maintain work area and files.

* Good customer relations skills.

For more details: http://www.itjobs.com/cgibin/listjobs.cgi?query=51
Or you may visit my blog site: http://juvilyn-juvilyn.blogspot.com/

Always remember. . . "Do not wait for tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
http://juvilyn-juvilyn.blogspot.com/
Marlie E. Sisneros

Marlie E. Sisneros

PostSubject: Assingment 2[HRM]   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Jeremiah 29:11
To qoute my Future.
this is my life verse.

Assignment 2[HRM]

First and foremost i'm really anxious about my Studies, the course i have chosen and what the future holds for me.
but i know Jesus already wrote my future job in his diaries.

About a future job for myself,
I choose to be a SYSTEM ANALYST.
to get started lets Discuss and Define what ia a System Analyst is..

A systems analyst is responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and recommending software and system choices to meet an organization's business requirements. The systems analyst plays a vital role in the systems development process. A successful systems analyst must acquire four skills: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal. Analytical skills enable systems analysts to understand the organization and its functions, which helps him/her to identify opportunities and to analyze and solve problems. Technical skills help systems analysts understand the potential and the limitations of information technology. The systems analyst must be able to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Management skills help systems analysts manage projects, resources, risk, and change. Interpersonal skills help systems analysts work with end users as well as with analysts, programmers, and other systems professionals.

Because they must write user requests into technical specifications, the systems analysts are the liaisons between vendors and the IT professionals of the organization they represent[1] They may be responsible for developing cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines. They may also be responsible for feasibility studies of a computer system before making recommendations to senior management.

Basically, a systems analyst performs the following tasks:

 Interact with the customers to know their requirements
 Interact with designers to convey the possible interface of the software
 Interact/guide the coders/developers to keep track of system development
 Perform system testing with sample/live data with the help of testers
 Implement the new system
 Prepare High quality Documentation
reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_analyst

Nature of the Work

All organizations rely on computer and information technology to conduct business and operate efficiently. Computer systems analysts help organizations to use technology effectively and to incorporate rapidly changing technologies into their existing systems. The work of computer systems analysts evolves rapidly, reflecting new areas of specialization and changes in technology.

Computer systems analysts solve computer problems and use computer technology to meet the needs of an organization. They may design and develop new computer systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software. They may also devise ways to apply existing systems’ resources to additional tasks. Most systems analysts work with specific types of computer systems—for example, business, accounting, or financial systems or scientific and engineering systems—that vary with the kind of organization. Analysts who specialize in helping an organization select the proper system software and infrastructure are often called system architects. Analysts who specialize in developing and fine-tuning systems often are known as systems designers.

reference:http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos287.htm

How do you get ready? Back to Top

Many computer systems analysts have a bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or management information systems. Some analysts get college degrees in other subjects. Then, they take computer classes and get computer experience.

Some analysts also have a master's degree in business. This helps them to understand the types of computers that businesses need.

Analysts need to understand computers, math, and planning. They need to know math so that they can solve problems and figure out how much computer power different systems would use.

Logical thinking skills are also important.

Analysts need good speaking and writing skills, too, so that they can explain their systems and give good instructions.

reference:http://www.bls.gov/k12/computers06.htm

-fin-

to view my blog site:
http://whenigrowupiwanttobeasystemanalyst.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://msisneros.blogspot.com/
amielou.falcon

amielou.falcon

PostSubject: Assignment 2   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:16 pm

What awaits me in the future........ Question Razz

Struggling.That's how i describe my college days now. That's why i must finish my noble degree and be someone i deserve to in the future. Be someone that is worth sacrificing for today.

Laughing Laughing

That someone is being an IT Manager of a leading company. My sooner company would be providing an independent IT management and had its mission of putting the customer's best interests first.
Razz Razz

As an IT manager, i would:

Arrow Plans, organizes and directs through staff involved in information technology.

Arrow Participates in developing annual IT budget; monitors expenditures for appropriate levels and cash flow; approves budget expenditures on an ongoing basis. Reviews contracts, grants, budgets and other items to assist in evaluating implementing and supporting appropriate technologies.

I have my supervisory duties which includes:

Arrow Staffing
Arrow Career development and performance management
Arrow Safety and compliance
Arrow Training and development
Arrow Outsourcing
Arrow Budget administration and resource allocation

i would also,
Arrow Participates in the development and implementation of Department goals, policies and priorities.

Arrow Develops and manages toward organization goals and objectives.

Arrow Manages information technology infrastructure, architecture, systems, networks, software and resources across multiple platforms.

Arrow Participates in the development and Manages standards, procedures and practices.

Arrow Coordinates problem solving, conflict resolution, escalations, restart and recovery.

Arrow Meets and consults with customers and vendors regarding service delivery needs.

Arrow Prepares or supervises the preparation of special studies and reports. Wink Wink Wink

But in general terms, managers are usually responsible to ensure that the people assigned to them are doing their tasks correctly. The definition of "correctly" is where there is a good degree of variation from job to job, but it usually involves managing a budget for the people assigned to the manager, ensuring that the tasks of those people are completed on whatever schedule has been established, working through personnel issues like training if necessary, salary issues, bad performance.

Managers are responsible for managing other people, whether it be a small team or a large department.

They are responsible for the performance of these employees, making sure that the employees complete their duties in a timely and accurate manner. Depending on the company or organization, managers may have the ability to hire and fire employees, or at least have significant input into these decisions.

In many companies, there are several tiers, or levels, of management. Managers supervise employees at one level but may have to report to higher management as well. A good manager has respect for all of his or her employees, and understands how to encourage and motivate employees in a positive way. If a manager is knowledgeable in his or her field but is not work or communicate well with other employees, he or she will often be an ineffective manager.

I'll be that manager that manages a couple of employees, a bundle of people maybe? lol! lol!

sooner or.........soon!I'll be that someone. By hook or by croak. lol! lol!

details are referred from: http://compass4.com/for/Services/IT_MANAGEMENT/IT_Manager_duties.htm
Back to top Go down
Jevelyn Labor

Jevelyn Labor

PostSubject: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 am

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) FotoFlexer_Photo4

most of the descriptions about the WEB GRAPHIC DESIGNER is posted on my blog
pls visit my blog sir http://tipukling3.blogspot.com/

REFERENCE:
http://www.allartschools.com/faqs/graphic-design-job
Back to top Go down
http://www.tipukling3.blogspot.com
jojimie

jojimie

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:18 am

lol!

IT Consultant is my aim when I am blessed to graduate in this course. I’ve met a lot of obstacles and I know it’s just a part of being a successful one someday. I know God is always there.

Basketball

Job description
An IT consultant works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. Consultants work to improve the structure and efficiency and of an organization’s IT systems.
IT consultants may be involved in a variety of activities, including marketing, project management, client relationship management and systems development.
They may also be responsible for user training and feedback. In many companies, these tasks will be carried out by an IT project team. IT consultants are increasingly involved in sales and business development, as well as technical duties.

Basketball

Typical work activities
Tasks typically involve
:
• meeting with clients to determine requirements;
• working with clients to define the scope of a project;
• planning timescales and the resources needed;
• clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;
• traveling to customer sites;
• liaising with staff at all levels of a client organization;
• defining software, hardware and network requirements;
• analyzing IT requirements within companies and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT;
• developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
• presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
• helping clients with change-management activities;
• project managing the design and implementation of preferred solutions;
• purchasing systems where appropriate;
• designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems;
• preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers;
• organizing training for users and other consultants;
• being involved in sales and support and, where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organizations;
• Identifying potential clients and building and maintaining contacts.

Basketball

Honestly, when I came to the point thinking about the job related to my course, or what is “mie” after how many years, I feel so ambivalent. Know what? for the reason that I find it difficult. Perhaps, I know God is the reason behind it.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/it_consultant_job_description.jsp

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

PostSubject: Future Job   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:25 am

My envisioned future job…Ü

For our second assignment in HRM we were tasked to develop a job description for a job we want to hold in the future.
I really find this assignment interesting because I am free to imagine myself on the future. haha Actually when I first read of this assignment, there were so many kinds of jobs that popped onto my head. It’s fun to imagine things specially what will you become in the future but it is more fun and fulfilling when you actually bring this to reality. Yeah!

It’s hard for me to choose one specific job I want for the future because there’s a lot of jobs that comes out of my mind. Hehe.. So many IT related jobs I had thought and some are not. Even before taking up this course I have always thought of myself as an IT professional. hAha But there are many kinds of job available for an IT professional. I can’t actually think of one specific job but I somewhat want to see myself in the future with a job in the line of graphics designing. From those two it’s pretty much obvious that I like things in line with arts and designs.

I looked for definitions of the jobs I wanted to hold in the future and these are the following:
Graphic Design jobs involve working with employees (in-house) or external customers to create, printed collateral, web design layouts, banners, advertisements and many other high quality designs.Duties generally include using desktop publishing and other specialized computer software to design, organize, and prepare a variety of text, illustrative and graphics materials, and perform related tasks as determined to be necessary.A Degree in Art, Marketing, Graphic Design and/or Visual Communications, or equivalent work experience is usually required. Graphic Design jobs tend to require experience in project planning, computer proficiency, knowledge of the production process, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work individually or in a group setting. A good eye for typography, proficiency on both a PC and MAC platforms and a high level of knowledge in multiple design programs are a plus. “
http://www.teksystems.com/Careers/Graphic-Design-Jobs.aspx

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Spaceb13

affraid Graphic designers—or graphic artists—plan, analyze, and create visual solutions to communications problems. They find the most effective way to get messages across in print, electronic, and film media using a variety of methods such as color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques. Graphic designers develop the overall layout and production design of magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, and other publications. They also produce promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures for products and services, design distinctive logos for products and businesses, and develop signs and signage systems—called environmental graphics—for business and government. An increasing number of graphic designers also develop material for Internet Web pages, interactive media, and multimedia projects. Graphic designers also may produce the credits that appear before and after television programs and movies.”
http://www.bls.gov/oco/pdf/ocos090.pdf

Just from the description of what is a graphic designer, I became more interested and eager of becoming one (hope so!). If I am to have this job I would really enjoy doing it in service of the clients I would have in the future (Can’t wait of “that” future) lol! . To be a graphic designer you must have patience and perseverance of what you are doing because developing a method of designing requires much time, attention and hard work for it to produce a good and efficient work of art. But before I could become one, this time as a student I should of course do well on my studies and learn in advance of different softwares and methods on how to create excellent designs. I believe the future lies on our own hands and guided by our Heavenly Father.

Visit my blog for this post.. bounce
Arrow http://xiibee.blogspot.com/2009/07/hr-assignment-2-future-job.html

God Bless!!

Last edited by Gabrielle Deseo on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xiibee.blogspot.com/
rowell_pines

rowell_pines

PostSubject: Future job DESCRIPTION..   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 am

"COMPUTER CRACKER"

...A cracker is define as " someone who breaks into someone else's computer system, often on a network; bypasses passwords or licenses in computer programs; or in other ways intentionally breaches computer security " by the site:

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci211852,00.html

...A cracker can be doing this for profit, maliciously, for some altruistic purpose or cause, or because the challenge is there. Some breaking-and-entering has been done ostensibly to point out weaknesses in a site's security system.

...But if I would able to dissect a new definition by this illegal/inappropriate profession, it would be, a knowledgeable information seeker of ones vulnerable systems. They are the one who are the keys on searching and breaking security systems of ones enemies. They are genius programmers for they spent most of their time, on destroying a system, and not on how to create them. And crackers are gifted individuals of having the free admission on
gathering data and capturing information without the interference of the securities.

...Someday, if i would given a chance, I would force myself to grab the opportunity of being one of them, because for how unique it is, the same
thing it sparks my curiosity in life...

...By the way "Crackers" is much different as "Hackers"

Hacker vs. Cracker

Language is a fluid thing. In days of old (in Internet Time) a hacker was a person who studied for possible vulnerabilities in a system and reported the results. A cracker was a term for someone who did bad things to a system once they discovered some vulnerability or came upon the work of a hacker’s results. http://www.hackers.com/ is on a mission to be a seeker of knowledge without the destructive use of this information. As people who need data to successfully perform in a Security+ role, the goal of hackers.com is in alignment with our needs. Given that, we understand the need to help show language differentiation and support their goals. Hacker is a knowledge seeker. A cracker is the bad guy seeking to hurt you.

http://www.certiguide.com/secplus/cg_sp_02HackervsCracker.htm

..tnx SIR!
Back to top Go down
http://vanthegreat.blogspot.com
Russel John Serrano

Russel John Serrano

PostSubject: HRM :: Assignment 2   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:39 am

Think of the future, develop a Job Description for a job you would like to hold. (500 words)

"PROGRAMMER-ANALYST"

-Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems: Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management system, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.

Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements. Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design.

Submits plans to user for approval. Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.

Designs computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request. Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.

Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems.

Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors. May use computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development. May train users to use program. May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users. May install and test program at user site. May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.

-Sounds Interesting sunny

-"PROGRAMMER-ANALYST" in this way i can enhance my self more and more.... because life is a non-stop learning.... using all those knowledge I can help not only myself but also the other by sharing my knowledge with all of my heart and with no doubt..

Future = Determination + Strength + knowledge + patience + Failures + [Work, Serve, Love] God

all of this are part of being a college student... our future depends on what path we're going to chose. . .

http://www.careerplanner.com/DOT-Job-Descriptions/PROGRAMMER-ANALYST.cfm

+GODBLESS+ Arrow Arrow study study
Back to top Go down
jerald jean pullos

jerald jean pullos

PostSubject: computer and information systems manager   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 am

Computer and Information Systems Manager

Job description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.

The managers tasks are:
Manage backup, security and user help systems.

Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.

Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.

Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.

Stay abreast of advances in technology.

Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.

Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.

Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery

Control operational budget and expenditures.

Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.

Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.

Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, and/or participate in staffing decisions.

Review project plans in order to plan and coordinate project activity.

Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.

Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports.

Purchase necessary equipment.

Knowledge requirements:

Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.

Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.

Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.

English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.

Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.

Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.

Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.

Economics and Accounting -- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.

Education and Training -- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.

Activities:
Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.

Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.

Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.

Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.

Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.

Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.

Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.

Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.

Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.

Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.

Reference:
http://www.careerplanner.com/Job-Descriptions/Computer-and-Information-Systems-Managers.cfm

Idea I want to hold this job in the future, because it sounds interesting...
I want to develop my skills in organizing data, programming and other field relating to informatiomnm system.
and also to develop my managing skill. but i think my managiing skill would start to develop by enrolling the MIS and HRM and I hope I would learn a lot in management and hope to use it in my day to day life and for my future job for the next 5 years or earlier. drunken

Last edited by jerald jean pullos on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jeraldjeanpullos.blogspot.com
carla comoda

carla comoda

PostSubject: What would be my Job in the Future...(ITA)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:33 am

This is one of the assignment that i really need to decide what would be my future job, well it is my own choice to choose a job. I like to be a an IT Analyst.
IT Analyst -it Assist with the planning and organize technical service projects and functions when required including internal networking, office computers, phones and other Ad Sales technical infrastructure; Maintain an understanding of the latest technology and how to apply it to our ad sales operations; Maintain a high level of understanding in the set up, deployment and maintenance of computer hardware, software, LAN and WAN. 20; Work with traffic and other software vendors to ensure maximum up times; Research and recommend solutions for technical projects and issues designed to grow Ad Sales revenue; Provide advanced troubleshooting and support of Citrix server, SQL server, phone systems and networking hardware; Utilize networking technology to provide connectivity and real-time sharing of data between sales offices; Back up for Tech Services Coordinator as required; Any other duties assigned by management.

*I/TA General Skills*

The following general skills are looked for in an I/TA:

* Moderate to extensive knowledge of the Internet and the World Wide Web

* STRONG organizational skills

* STRONG communication skills - this job requires communication with other students, faculty, staff, directors and other influential people both inside and outside the university

* Ability to work under pressure

* Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal direction (need to be able to work through all the details of broad minded projects, and know how and where to find the needed information to complete those projects)

* Knowledge of Rutgers University and know where to find the information for reference purposes

* Anticipation of the information needs of our users

* Innovativeness in organizing, displaying, and making useful information available to the Rutgers community

* Willingness to adapt and to learn new skills and new ways of doing things

* Creativity!

*Duties*

After suitable on-the-job training, an ITA is expected to be able to do the following:

* Web site creation and maintenance both for the university and Campus Information Services

* Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting for our computer system and networks

* Information maintenance/data entry

* Development of information sources and acquiring information

* Creating and maintaining relational databases.

http://www.nationjob.com/job/TWCM194
http://www.ruinfo.rutgers.edu/jobpost/ita/itadescript.shtm Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quinkaye.blogspot.com
kristine_delatorre

kristine_delatorre

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:13 am

JOB Title: Database Administrator
Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Databa10

JOB Description: A Database Administrator is the one who work with database management systems software and determine way to organize and store data. . They identify user needs and set up new computer databases. In many cases, database administrators must integrate data from outdated systems into a new system. In an organization, a database administrator ensures the organization’s database effectiveness of its performance. It also includes understanding of the database’s platform and adds new user to the system. Because today, many databases are connected to the internet, he (database administrator) also plans and coordinates security measures with network administrators.

The following are a database administrator typical work responsibilities:

• establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
• monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to 'front end' users;
• mapping out the ‘conceptual design’ for a planned database in outline;
• considering both 'back end' organization of data and 'front end' accessibility for end users;
• refining the ‘logical design’ so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
• further refining the ‘physical design’ to meet system storage requirements;
• installing and testing new versions of the database management system (DBMS);
• maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
• writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadata’);
• controlling access permissions and privileges;
• developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans;
• ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
• capacity planning;
• working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and web developers;
• communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
• Commissioning and installing new applications.

Because of the increasing levels of hacking and the sensitive nature of data stored, security and recoverability or 'disaster recovery' have become increasingly important aspects of the work.

The Database Administrator classification is distinguished from the Database Designer/Information System Analyst classification by the extensive knowledge, experience and complex technical skills required. Further differences include the supervision of database and transaction log backups, and the maintenance and monitoring of database server performance.

There are a lot advantages when you engaged in this job. Database administrators may advance into managerial positions, such as chief technology officer, on the basis of their experience managing data and enforcing security. Computer specialists with work experience and considerable expertise in a particular subject or a certain application may find lucrative opportunities as independent consultants or may choose to start their own computer consulting firms.
Technological advances come so rapidly in the computer field that continuous study is necessary to keep one’s skills up to date. Employers, hardware and software vendors, colleges and universities, and private training institutions offer continuing education. Additional training may come from professional development seminars offered by professional computing societies.

So, as a foot note, I always hope and ambition to be a Database Administrator. A tricky and challenging job but still I know my capacity and hopefully be a Database Administrator someday.

References:

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/database_administrator_job_description.jsp

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos042.htm

http://www.scoe.net/perscom/job_descriptions/multimedia/database_administrator.pdf

lol!

Last edited by kristine_delatorre on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kjdelatorre.blogspot.com/
florenzie_palma

florenzie_palma

PostSubject: MY FUTURE JOB   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Exclamation A Web Designer Exclamation

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Web-de13

A Web Designer is a person that creates and arranges the pages that make up a website. Web Designers often have to balance how a page looks versus how a web page functions, which can involve some compromises.

Web designer is responsible to design the overall layout and look of the web site. This covers the area from design small and meaningful icons or creating logos to complete the web layout and present it in html format. Web designer is the one who knows which colors to select, and what images should be placed where, to greatly communicate the business sense of client.

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Icon_question How to make page attractive for target audience?
Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Icon_question Whether it demands some flash intro or some other flash effects or the simple site will present the elegance of client’s organization?
Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Icon_question Which data is to be displayed at right place to get the best required viewer’s concentration?

Web Designer’s role in the whole website making is to answer the above question practically by making relative web contents.

Moreover, a web designer may take part in the initial planning of a Web site, meeting with the client to discuss ideas for the layout and organization of the site, the types of colors or images to use (photos, illustrations, videos, etc.), and other matters concerning overall graphic design.

Once the basic concept is agreed upon, the web designer must collect the text documents and images that will appear on the page and convert them into a form in which they can be viewed. This requires a mastery of HTML (hypertext markup language), the computer language used to create web pages. The designer must also have knowledge of the most current HTML extensions—programs that make it possible to add special features to web pages such as animations and interactive surveys. Because a Web site may incorporate a variety of different functions, including clickable e-mail contacts or the ability to download files to a computer, the designer must have a working knowledge of FTP (file transfer protocol) and other programs that enable these functions to work.

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Web_de10

Web designers must have an understanding of software functionality as well as graphic design skills to create successful Web pages.

Part of the web designer's task is to create pages that can be used on any type of server (a central computer in a network that stores files and provides these files to individual computers) and viewed with any type of browser (the software that enables people to access the World Wide Web). To do this, a web designer must be familiar with issues of browser/server compatibility, including which browsers and servers work well together and which ones do not. In addition, the designer must know computer languages such as Javascript, which can be used to create web pages that are compatible with a wide range of hardware and software.

Because web designers work with a client or web producer to develop and refine ideas, they must have strong verbal and visual communications skills. Designers should be able to listen closely to the client and create pages that reflect what the client is looking for. They also need to be flexible because they may be called upon to change their designs. Since Web sites are constantly updated to remain current, a designer has to be able to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands.

Idea Career Path

A Web Designer may progress in seniority within the Web Design function. They may also progress within a marketing communications function, depending on their skills and interests.

A Web Designer is very different from a Web Developer. A Web Developer works more on the server side development, web server configuration, and web server security. In order to become a Website Developer, a Web Designer would need to learn additional programming languages and methodologies, such as Object Oriented design and Java programming.

Idea Web Designer Job Description

* To be fully responsible for the layout, visual appearance and usability of the company website, ensuring that brand continuity is maintained.

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) 16407-11

Idea Duties and Responsibilities

* To design Web sites and ensure that they are visually effective and easy to access.
* Liaising closely with the customer or client at the design stage to answer questions such as: why is the site needed, who is the target audience, who are the leading competitors, etc.
* Advising the client on the categories and information needed to construct the site.
* Designing a draft site for client approval or modification.
* Develop and maintain the company’s intranet that will provide an accurate and immediate source of information to all employees.
* Writing web pages in a combination of codes such as hypertext mark-up language (HTML), JavaScript, CSS, Flash.
* Design and distribute newsletters and other documents relating to the website and the intranet.
* Conduct presentations, internally and externally, to promote the company web site and intranet.
* Testing the web sites for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions.
* To upload the websites on to the Internet.

Idea Getting the Job

As more companies develop their own Web sites, web designer openings can be found in classified ads in local newspapers, magazines, and on the Internet itself. Quite often, web designers begin their careers as graphic designers or layout artists for advertising firms or publishing companies. After learning the appropriate computer skills, they can transfer their artistic experience to the online world.

Prospective web designers should put together a portfolio of their work to show to potential employers. Many web designers are freelancers who sell their services to clients on a consulting or contractual basis. Self-employed web designers often establish a personal page on the World Wide Web that showcases their design skills for potential customers.

afro References:

• http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/142/Web-Designer.htm
  • http://www.cvscreen.co.uk/JobDescription/WebDesigner.Html
  • http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/careersintechnology/p/webdesign.htm

Back to top Go down
shane sacramento

shane sacramento

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:32 pm

What would I become?

A good story line, nice graphics and characters, unique animation schemes and a bug-less programs is what a good game holds. The story of the games must reach the player’s mind as if it was somewhat real or life-like thus, making the game interesting. Graphics and the compilation of arts that moves through animation are the things that make it fun and a bug-less program is what keeps the player’s patience and makes them want to reach the goal of the game. Common game story line may involve strategic games, word games, dress up game and escape games, which is one of my favorites. Games enables player to be in control of the game thus, letting them act as the main character of the game. Through this gamers will be able to develop quick thinking to win the game.

Games, particularly computer games also called video games, were introduced as a new kind of entertainment on the year 1971. The growth of technology has made it more popular. As years pass, many kinds of computer games have been developed including LAN or local area network and online games. LAN games can be played on everyone’s desktop. Online games can be played with the aid of internet, this way a certain player can play with another player no matter how many miles they’re apart. These games have even reached the cell phones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_games).

The ones who make and develop games are called games developer or games programmer. The job needs a vast and wide range of imagination thus, making it possible to create a unique story and characters. A good skill in arts and animation would make the things on the developers mind to come into life. The sound effects can make the game exciting. This also helps to catch the people’s eyes because a good graphics is a big impact on how the game will sell. Of course, the most important skill to have is knowledge with regards to programming language such as, C++, Java and any other programming language. A good skill in arithmetic will turn your program to become bug-less.

A game developer meets problems during and after producing the games, thus the most important attitude a developer can have is patience. This will enable him to find and correct bugs that are found during or after the game have been produced. The pressure of meeting deadline may be stressful but, this is just one thing a good developer should overcome because a simple bug on the game will destroy the game thus, making the game boring and unfair for those who doesn’t know the bug yet, which will push them to stop playing or choosing another game, which are better than the one you have just developed.

I both love arts and anime so I guess a games developer would be the best job for me in the near future. I would love to be part of a team that creates a new kind of game. Since I am a type of person who doesn’t want to be exposed in unfamiliar crowd, a job like this would fit me best. Another thing is, I would be able to give out my talent and skills with teammates, whom I already know and comfortable with. With this kind of profession, I can also work alone and I’d be able to work at home then, just sell my developed game to those who are interested.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
.....ka-team ta gabee....
lol!
hahaha
Back to top Go down
Ariel Serenado

Ariel Serenado

PostSubject: my FUTURE job...   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 pm

my FUTURE JOB_______________________________________

For assignment 2 in Human Resource Management 1, we are tasked to think of the future job and provide description to your desired job. I find this assignment quite interesting for it is always an inspiration of every individual to land a job immediately after graduation. But sometimes it gets frustrating when we cannot find an immediate job for ourselves as there are many points to consider and sometimes it leads to a so-called job-mismatch.

In my case, I really have that great desire to land a job as soon as I acquire my degree of preference to satisfy my needs to be an effective individual in the field of Information Technology.

I envision myself as an IT Manager with specialization in knowledge Managing. Choosing for a right job is a matter of preference with reference to your skills, your capacity to hold that certain job to boost your personality and excel in the field you are in. It doesn’t matter at all, that you acquire a degree when you are not capable to work. There appear to have instances like this. Why not divert to a job that do less in the field which you think you are not capable but do more in the things you think you are in considering that it doesn’t deviate the degree you are holding in short it is still relevant to the degree you are holding. This is just my sentiments on what is happening in the community nowadays.

Anyway, let us review what an IT Manager is. What an IT manager typically do?

Information technology (IT) managers plan, administer and review the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within organizations. The IT manager is often the most senior person in the IT department and in large organizations may be called the IT Director or Chief Information Office.

monkey Duties and Tasks…

IT managers may perform the following tasks:

* work out current and future IT needs by consulting with people at all levels about the current work systems and deciding how improvements could be made
* analyze the information needs of an organization and develop technological solutions to satisfy those needs
* prepare or direct IT policy and plan strategy development
* direct activities to select and install major IT facilities
* oversee the provision of training for users and clients
* direct the integration of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
* work out priorities for systems developments, maintenance and operations
* control the security aspects of IT systems

http://www.myfuture.edu.au/services/default.asp?FunctionID=5050&ASCO=122411A#Duties

monkey Specialization…

Depending on the size and complexity of an organization’s IT function, there may be an opportunity for some role specialization. In my case I want to specialize Knowledge Manager. A Knowledge Manager works to make sure that an organization’s staff is up to date with recent developments and thinking. I want to practice such specialization, for I want a work that interacts directly to the staffs, and constituents.

http://www.myfuture.edu.au/services/default.asp?FunctionID=9998&Type=Specialisation&Code=12427

monkey Principle Responsibilities...

Among the responsibilities of the Knowledge Manager is to manage the creation and delivery of IT (and/or business) knowledge, and, to support the utilization of this accumulated information by both the internal and external end-user communities. This may include any or all of the following duties and capabilities:

* Understanding the end-user’s information needs,
* Coordinating who is responsible for each knowledge asset,
* Where appropriate, communicating knowledge requirements to service providers,
* Planning and managing the delivery of knowledge projects, communicating the availability of knowledge to the end-user community,
* Monitoring the use of the knowledge assets and measuring the business value of the knowledge to the end-user community.

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Knowledge_Manager

monkey Personal Requirements...

* aptitude for leadership
* able to influence peers, clients and suppliers
* able to explain complex concepts clearly
* able to work out and address clients' needs
* able to accept a significant level of responsibility and accountability.

http://www.myfuture.edu.au/services/default.asp?FunctionID=5050&ASCO=122411A#Duties

In order for me to realize the job i envisioned for myself, I have to work harder to be as effective as what an IT Manager should be.

P.S

visit my blog, just follow this link: http://www.arielserenado.blogspot.com

THANKS!! Very Happy

Last edited by ariel_serenado on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sharlyn joy pines

sharlyn joy pines

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:08 am

Thinking twice about a career in the FUTURE? bounce

flower I.T. is everywhere. Every industry, from marketing to engineering uses I.T... Most large companies have their own in house I.T. department, as do governments, and even some NGO’s. And being an IT student, thinking about my future job is one of my concerns. Anyway, I got the idea on what would be the right term of my possible job in the near future through surfing the net on the hot jobs for the IT graduates. I have read a lot IT jobs, their descriptions, their qualifications, the salary ranges and many more. But before I have decided to choose a job for me, I first examine myself. The possible things that I can do in the future and the interest I had in mind. Well, I’m not really good at something. I can say that I’m an average person. I don’t have a particular field. But the good thing in me is that I can learn fast. And I have the confidence of honesty, hard work, perseverance and I can handle responsibility at some point. Hehehe. I love you

flower Well, born to be an ambitious gal, I would like to be held responsible for the design, development, modification, programming and implementation of software applications, databases, enterprise reporting and analysis solutions. I would like also doing the blueprint for a design which ultimately will get physically built on a machine. Being the one who performed the initial design work that enables production systems and applications to use data and drive business processes, I would like to maintain an operating systems, business applications, mid-range server hardware, local and wide area network hardware and software, security tools, Web servers, e-mail systems and PCs. I would like to handle all aspects of IT security, like securing Wi-Fi networks, handling offsite storage of backup tapes, establishing policies for lost laptops and much more creating and implementing corporate IT security practices and ensuring that employees follow those procedures. I would like to play a lead role in small scale IS projects and an active role in large scale projects and will provide support to other IS staff when necessary. I would like also to be the one who oversee the process and methodology that is in place, identify best practices to ensure a successful project. I love you

flower Wow! What a wonderful feeling to think of the future is in my hand. Putting my self in one of those prestigious jobs that I have read in the internet is like heaven. But anyway, it’s not impossible if God permits. We just don’t know I would be a Project Manager, System Administrator, Data modeler, Applications Architect, Software analyst, IT Security Manager etc. We can’t really tell. Maybe one of these coming years, I’ll be managing my own business. Or I’ll be working in one of the biggest and famous company outside or inside the country. Or I’ll bring the name of famous innovations in a fast growing world of technology. I would simply want to develop something that would bear my name. Would it be in games, web, anything that would help the progress of the society. Or maybe I became a plain house wife and just taking care with my future family. Whatever may happen will be twin with good lucks, and God’s grace. I love you

http://www.cio.com/article/101314/The_Hottest_Jobs_In_Information_Technology

kindly visit my BLOG: http://www.sharlynjoypines.blogspot.com

Last edited by sharlyn joy pines on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maria Theresa F. Rulete

Maria Theresa F. Rulete

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Database administrator

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Database-administrator

A database administrator (DBA) is a person who is responsible for the environmental aspects of a database. The role of a database administrator has changed according to the technology of database management systems (DBMSs) as well as the needs of the owners of the databases. For example, although logical and physical database designs are traditionally the duties of a database analyst or database designer, a DBA may be tasked to perform those duties.

Duties
The duties of a database administrator vary and depend on the job description, corporate and Information Technology (IT) policies and the technical features and capabilities of the DBMS being administered. They nearly always include disaster recovery (backups and testing of backups), performance analysis and tuning, data dictionary maintenance, and some database design.

Some of the roles of the DBA may include

Installation of new software — It is primarily the job of the DBA to install new versions of DBMS software, application software, and other software related to DBMS administration. It is important that the DBA or other IS staff members test this new software before it is moved into a production environment.

Configuration of hardware and software with the system administrator — In many cases the system software can only be accessed by the system administrator. In this case, the DBA must work closely with the system administrator to perform software installations, and to configure hardware and software so that it functions optimally with the DBMS.

Security administration — One of the main duties of the DBA is to monitor and administer DBMS security. This involves adding and removing users, administering quotas, auditing, and checking for security problems.

Data analysis — The DBA will frequently be called on to analyze the data stored in the database and to make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage. This might relate to the more effective use of indexes, enabling "Parallel Query" execution, or other DBMS specific features.

Database design (preliminary) — The DBA is often involved at the preliminary database-design stages. Through the involvement of the DBA, many problems that might occur can be eliminated. The DBA knows the DBMS and system, can point out potential problems, and can help the development team with special performance considerations.

Data modeling and optimization — By modeling the data, it is possible to optimize the system layouts to take the most advantage of the I/O subsystem.

Responsible for the administration of existing enterprise databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.

o Data modeling, database optimization, understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex Structured Query Language (SQL) queries

o Proactively monitor systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints

o Establish standards and best practices for SQL

o Interact with and coach developers in SQL scripting

I want to become a Database Administrator in the future for when I first took the subject Database Analysis and Design 1 (DBAD1), I was amazed and became very interested on the said subject though it was quite hard to understand the topics especially at the analysis part. My willingness to become a Database Administrator was first brought up to life when we had our final project in DBAD 1 which is to create a database system. It was so hard to finish because of the fact that we had only a little background and knowledge on making systems especially that it was our first time to take that subject. But with the help of my brother, he taught me the basics and techniques of creating an efficient database system and I really feel so comfortable and interested on what I was doing on that time. Then it all started, my dreams of becoming a Database Administrator someday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_administrator

My Blog: http://etelur.blogspot.com/2009/07/job-i-would-like-to-hold-in-future.html

Very Happy Basketball cheers

Last edited by tere_etelur on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Norena T. Nicdao

Norena T. Nicdao

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:32 pm

When I was in high school, I already thought of what I want to be in the future. What kind of job I have if I finish my studies. After my graduation in high school I listed some possible courses I want to take in college. These are the list of the possible courses I want to enroll in college:

1.) Custom Administration

2.) Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)

3.) Pharmacist

4.) Flight Attendant

5.) Commerce

During he enrolment in college, I and my parents decided to enrol me in University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP). I passed the entrance exam of the school. From the list of the courses I had, I chose to take the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT). I had already basic knowledge in computers but I want to develop and improve it by enroling in Information Technology (IT) course so, I tried to take this course. Now, I'm in 3rd year of Bachelor of Science in Infromation Technology (BSIT) in University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP). If I finish my college with this course "hopefully" I have thought of some several jobs which is related to my course. I dont know what kind of job I want to have in the fututre that fits my course. But currently, I want to be an Information Technology (IT) Supervisor.

What is Information Technology (IT) Supervisor?

Supervisor manages the activities of the Information Technology Division; performs specialized information technology work in the development, implementation, support and maintenance of the technology based information system. Work is performed within a broad framework of general policy and requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives and to apply concepts, plans and strategies that may deviate from traditional methods and practices.

EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:

− Install, configure, administer, and maintain the network, wide area network, file servers, e-mail server, application servers, and print servers.
− Update hardware and software as needed.
− Monitor and maintain the website(s).
− Provide direct support and training to users.
− Prepare user procedure manuals/materials as required.
− Develop maintenance schedules and records for computer equipment and applications.
− Backup and restoration of information systems critical data.
− Preparation of reports for computers, peripherals, and network devices to determine the needs of repairs or addition of new equipment.
− Authorize system access to users and maintain necessary documentation of authorities assigned.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Knowledge of:

− Information system technologies.
− Network and computer security practices.
− Word processing, Spreadsheet, database, website, and desktop publishing techniques.
− Capabilities, limitations, characteristics, and uses of computer and records information systems.
− Practices and procedures of repairing microcomputers, computer networks, peripheral devices, cabling, and telecommunications equipment.
− Management and supervisory principles and practices including supervision and employee relations.
− Principles of budget preparation, budget estimation, and tracking.

Skills in:

− Analyzing, designing, programming, installing, and maintaining technical and complex programs.
− Reading, interpreting, and applying complex technical publications, manuals, and related documents.
− Training individuals or groups in using computer system hardware and software in an easy-to-understand manner.
− Effectively working with staff members of all computer skill levels.
− Organizing work effectively and efficiently.

Ability to:

− Maintain information technology systems
− Supervise staff effectively

Source: www.cityofukiah.com/city_hall/joblisting_its.pdf

Sometimes, I thought to take Custom Administration but I learned and realized that somebody comes the demand of Information Technology (IT) expert will increased. So, I pursue it until I finish it. If ever there's a better position for me that fits my course and I can handle it, I will grab it. I know that God's has a better plan for me in the future.

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeW

Visit my blog: www.minenor.blogspot.com[url][/url]

Last edited by Norena T. Nicdao on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mayraflordurango

mayraflordurango

PostSubject: HRM- Future Job   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Don’t dream it, be it…..! Aim high Usepian…

From the start, I never decided yet what am I desired to be in a profession or what kind of a job I should pursue that suits to my knowledge, capability and competence as an IT student. But since then, I had realize a millions of opportunities waiting for me in the near future and as an advantage, I can be one of the next products of USEP’s globally competitive students and proficient professionals.

An individual with power of mine and competence to govern the technological world today. There are many offered job opportunities for in Information Technology graduate. Such as, IT Specialist (System & Software Analyst) , I.T. Service Management Consultant, Project Manager (infrastructure project) , Network & Systems Administrator, Systems Administrator (remote infrastructure), Database and Network Administrator (Training and Consulting Group-TB LINC Program), IT/SYSTEMS Administrator and etc,. But my choice is, I want to an IT Manager someday. Because as manager, it sounds like you’re the head and a president in a company. Very nice to hear, right?!

An Information technology (IT) manager should plan, administer and review the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within organizations. The IT manager is often the most senior person in the IT department and in large organizations may be called the IT Director or Chief Information Officer.

The following links are some Duties and tasks that an IT Manager should perform:
• work out current and future IT needs by consulting with people at all levels about the current work systems and deciding how improvements could be made
• analyze the information needs of an organization and develop technological solutions to satisfy those needs
• prepare or direct IT policy and plan strategy development
• direct activities to select and install major IT facilities
• oversee the provision of training for users and clients
• direct the integration of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
• work out priorities for systems developments, maintenance and operations
• control the security aspects of IT systems
• Provide advice to other senior managers and boards on IT issues and planning.

My Remarks:
The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. With all my strength, courage, and confidence in every experience in which I really stop to look fear in many faces. I must do the things in which I think can do.
[i]

Last edited by mayraflordurango on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jovanne Nick Cacayan

Jovanne Nick Cacayan

PostSubject: MY FUTURE JOB!   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 am

Laughing Laughing

Information technology has a big impact in business industry. It creates an outlet for us to handle business transaction in simplest, easiest, and fastest way. The development of technology dominates a lot in today's generation wherein everywhere and anywhere we go, it would always be a part of our daily tasks and activities. These generates a great opportunity for a job for the individuals who can go with the flow of a fast changing technology.

As I take this course BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, the only thing that comes into my mind is to work abroad and follow the footsteps of my uncle and cousins. Thinking that I could help my family in return for there support in my studies. hmmmm! but it never comes into my mind what kind of job I really want to work with in this profession.

Now... I think this is what I want!! TO BE A DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

FIRST, WHAT IS A DATABASE?

A Database is an integrated collection of logically related records or files that is stored in a computer system which consolidates records previously stored in separate files into a common pool of data records that provides data for many applications. A Database is a collection of information that is organized so that it can easily be accessed, managed, and updated. In one view, databases can be classified according to types of content: bibliographic, full-text, numeric, and images. The structure is achieved by organizing the data according to a database model. The model that is most commonly used today is the relational model. Other models such as the hierarchical model and the network model use a more explicit representation of relationships.

SOURCE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database

WHAT IS DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR?

Job Description for: "Database Administrator"

Coordinate changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.

Job Tasks for: "Database Administrator"

1.Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.

2.Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.

3.Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.

4.Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.

5.Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.

6.Train users and answer questions.

7.Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator.

8.Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.

9.Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.

10.Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.

11.Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.

12.Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.

13.Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.

14.Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.

16.Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.

17.Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.

18.Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.

19.Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.

SOURCE:
http://www.careerplanner.com/Job-Descriptions/Database-Administrators.cfm

Database Administrator has a great demand in business sector. He plays an important role in the transaction flow of a particular business. Especially in huge companies that operates internationally. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fritzielaine A. Barcena

Fritzielaine A. Barcena

PostSubject: Sacrifice to Benefits..   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Professional

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Web-developer

Programmer and Wed Developer

Whats the work and essence of a programmer?

A programmer is someone who writes computer software. The term computer programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a generalist who writes code for many kinds of software. One who practices or professes a formal approach to programming may also be known as a programmer analyst. The term programmer can be used to refer to a software developer, software engineer, computer scientist, or software analyst. However, members of these professions typically possess other software engineering skills, beyond programming; for this reason, the term programmer is sometimes considered an insulting or derogatory oversimplification of these other professions. This has sparked much debate amongst developers, analysts, computer scientists, programmers, and outsiders who continue to be puzzled at the subtle differences in these occupations.

Those proficient in computer programming skills may become famous, though this regard is normally limited to software engineering circles. Many of the most notable programmers are often labeled hackers. Programmers often have or project an image of individualist geekdom, resistance to "suits" (referring to both business suits, literally, and figuratively to the "Establishment"), controls and conformity.

Essence of Web Developer
A web developer is responsible for programming the functionality of a web site. So while a requirements analyst
is tasked with determining what a web site should do, the web developer
figures out how it is going to do it and then writes the necessary
programming code. Much of this programming code is behind the scenes
and not visible to the user.
However, a web developer may also be responsible for the code that
the user sees.

visit my blog:
http://prettypriti-pretty.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Fritzielaine A. Barcena on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://prettypriti-pretty.blogspot.com/
Shiela Marie P. Nara

Shiela Marie P. Nara

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) J0302811

Think of the future; develop a job description for a job you would like to hold.
This was the instruction for our second assignment in Human Resource Management.

Whenever I think of my future, I always get this indescribable feeling and mixed emotions. I’ll be nervous, excited, sad and happy. I have reasons for that though.

I always got the vision of myself having a business suit and working in the office or the other way around, traveling around the world. I really had a dream of a good job and a good salary but I can’t really choose what particular job is that. All I want is to succeed in the career I’ll choose.

When I’m in elementary, I thought I would be teacher but only in high school that I discovered I’m don’t suit in the profession of teaching. Since then, I became undecided until our graduation came. Once, the words Information Technology filled my mind. So I came to decide on taking it as a course. With the influence of my parents and my likeness in the study of computers, I really took it.

I never knew studying IT is this hard. It is like journeying a dark path with a bright destination. I really find it hard especially in programming subjects. For two years of studying the course, I came with the positive now, negative later view. I once thought if I am really destined to the course. I only the realized that programming is not the only subject tackled in IT. So, I strived hard until I reach this year. Maybe I’ll just improve my weaknesses and discover my strengths in IT.

Since I’m an IT student and I’m striving to graduate as an IT, of course, I should also have an IT-related course. Honestly, I don’t have definite decision to what particular job it is.

There are so many IT-related jobs out there. Some of these are .Net developers, Project manage, data modeler, Software Implementation Analyst, Database Administrator, IT auditor, help desk, Messaging Administrator, Network Manager, Senior IT auditor, Senior Web Developer and a lot more.

Among the above mentioned IT job titles, I’m getting interested with Data Modeler, Database Administrator, IT auditor and Help Desk.

Data Modeler is considered as aerospace engineers when database administrators are compared to as jet pilots. According to David Van De Voort, principal human capital consultant with Mercer, a consulting firm. "They are in the business of creating data designs, defining relationships between data fields," he says. "They're doing the blueprint for a design which ultimately will get physically built on a machine."

IT auditors test and evaluate IT systems and controls, and make recommendations for improvements.

Help desk. Help desk tier one professionals take initial inquiries and manage simple hardware, software or network problems, while tier two analysts resolve more complex issues, and tier three individuals manage the most difficult challenges that couldn’t be fixed earlier.

Among these four above mentioned interests, my first option is really to a Database Administrator.

Database Administrator is responsible for installing, backing up, testing, securing and making changes to production databases within an IT environment. They work on ongoing development projects with developers and architects and, increasingly, with business-side workers. They also maintain operations on a day-to-day basis.

Duties

The duties of a database administrator vary and depend on the job description, corporate and Information Technology (IT) policies and the technical features and capabilities of the DBMS being administered. They nearly always include disaster recovery (backups and testing of backups), performance analysis and tuning, data dictionary maintenance, and some database design.

Some of the roles of the DBA may include;

* Installation of new software — It is primarily the job of the DBA to install new versions of DBMS software, application software, and other software related to DBMS administration.

* Configuration of hardware and software with the system administrator — In many cases the system software can only be accessed by the system administrator. .

* Security administration — One of the main duties of the DBA is to monitor and administer DBMS security.

* Data analysis — The DBA will frequently be called on to analyze the data stored in the database and to make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage.

* Database design (preliminary) — The DBA is often involved at the preliminary database-design stages.

* Data modeling and optimization — By modeling the data, it is possible to optimize the system layouts to take the most advantage of the I/O subsystem.

* Responsible for the administration of existing enterprise databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.
o Data modeling, database optimization, understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex Structured Query Language (SQL) queries
o Proactively monitor systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints
o Establish standards and best practices for SQL
o Interact with and coach developers in SQL scripting

References:
http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Job_Description
http://www.cio.com/article/486665/Hot_Jobs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_administrator
http://www.dynamicrecruiters.com/images/j0302896.jpg

Last edited by Shiela Marie P. Nara on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joverly gonzales

joverly gonzales

PostSubject: Assignment #2   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Future Job Description
Arrow Information Technology Consultant

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) It_con12

My first choice is I want to be an IT consultant someday. Information technology (IT) consultants work in firms of management consultants, software and systems houses within large manufacturers of computing equipment, or occasionally internally in major industrial companies.
As an Information Technology (IT) consultant, I should analyze IT requirements within companies and objective advice on the use of IT. Furthermore, I also provide specialist support and back-up to professionals within the client companies. Aside from that, I will advise on strategic planning and operational efficiency. I may run facilities for clients, I may design, develop and test new systems, and I can train staff in new systems.
Being an IT consultant, there are skills to be considered. Some of those skills as a key to be a successful IT consultant are:

• • analytical approach to work
  • • excellent problem-solving skills
  • • interpersonal skills
  • • communication skills
  • • ability to absorb complex technical information and pass this on clearly
  • • stamina to meet deadlines
  • • ability to work under pressure
  • • project-management skills
  • • detailed technical knowledge
  • • Motivation.
Therefore I conclude that the IT consultants are experts in computer technology. They can make anything work it seems. Therefore, they have tons of training and skills.

Arrow Computer Instructor

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Comput13

Computer Instructor is one of my future dream job someday. Computer instructors are responsible for training individuals on the correct and effective use of various computer programs or systems used for business or personal use. This career requires a combination of computer skills plus excellent communication skills and people skills to help those that have little or no computer experience learn how to use the various programs. Most computer instructors offer training on basic programs for business such as work processing, spreadsheets, databases and even some basic graphic design or web page design. Generally classes are offered based on the needs of the clients or students, which may mean having several different levels from basics to advance.
Computer instructors may work from a local school, college or training center or may work from their own computer lab or classroom. Some instructors move from business to business providing in-house classes using the specific equipment that the office or business owns. Meeting with clients and determining exactly what needs to be covered or taught in the computer class is essential for developing the class lessons or outlines. Often this is even more challenging as management may not be aware of exactly how knowledgeable the staff is on a specific technology.
Some computer instructors may also provide written information on how to work with various programs. Usually this written information is provided in conjunction with a class, but may also be used without the use of a formal class. Some computer instructors also offer online classes, especially for internet or web design classes.
Common work activities include:

• Advertising and marketing computer instruction classes to businesses, schools or individuals that may be potential clients or students.
  • Developing structured lessons to increase the student's ability to use the various programs and computer systems.
  • Meeting with clients and managers to develop a curriculum that meets the needs of the business.
  • Researching, learning and working with the various new programs on the market that be requested in training.
  • Completing follow-up evaluations, getting feedback and modifying programs.
  • Providing some crisis intervention or support help for individuals that have taken the program but are having difficulty with some aspect of the training.
  • Invoicing, billing and collecting from students or businesses for classes taught.

References
http://www.get.hobsons.co.uk/advice/consultancy-IT-consultant.htm
http://www.jobprofiles.org/buscomputerinst.htm

Blog: http://jags-in-love.blogspot.com/2009/10/future-job.html

Last edited by joverly gonzales on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aeros salaga

PostSubject: My future Job   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:44 am

In our world today, from the level of our education you will be able to play an active role in planning and directing your future jobs. In my case, I have a lot of desired careers that I want to achieve for the future. There are a lot of jobs exists today and among those jobs, I choose what job I would like to have in the future. But using our own way of thinking, if you are in a high level of education, you can imagine or think a job that never yet exists. I, as a third year IT student, I can hereby say that I am capable or has the knowledge to develop my own job that haven’t yet exist except on my mind. Speaking of future, all of us have no idea of what our future is, but we can guide or lead our right way from the present to the future by management. Managing our time, actions and the way we does in order to have an idea of what will be our future.

Here are some guidelines on developing you future job:
1. Analyze your current/future lifestyle. Are you happy with your current lifestyle? Do you want to maintain it or change it? Be sure to identify the key characteristics of your ideal lifestyle.
2. Analyze your likes/dislikes. What kinds of job do you like? Think of a job that fit for you.
3. Analyze your passions. Reflect on the times and situations in which you feel most passionate, most energetic, most engaged.
4. Analyze your strengths and weaknesses. Step back and look at yourself from an employer's perspective. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Think in terms of work experience, education/training, skill development, talents and abilities, technical knowledge, and personal characteristics.
5. Analyze your definition of success. Spend some time thinking about how you define success. What is success to you: wealth, power, control, contentment…?
6. Analyze your personality. Are you an extravert or an introvert? Do you like thinking or doing? Do you like routines or change? Do you like sitting behind the desk or being on the move? Take the time to analyze yourself first, and then take one or more of these self-assessment tests.
7. Analyze your dream job. Remember those papers you had to write as a kid about what you wanted to be when you grew up? Take the time to revert back to those idyllic times and brainstorm about your current dream job; be sure not to let any negative thoughts cloud your thinking. Look for ideas internally, but also make the effort to explore/research other careers/occupations that interest you.
8. Analyze your current situation. Before you can even do any planning, clearly and realistically identify your starting point.

http://www.quintcareers.com/career_plan.html

By the guidance of our HRM facilitator, we are tasked or assigned to develop a Job Description for a job we would like to hold. If you just expand your mind about your learning from the day you start learning until today, you can think a future job you would like to be. By looking forward into the future, you should expect that the job you will create is in a high demand. In my side, I expanded my knowledge on how can I create a job for the future that is best and right for me and would help other people. I don’t think if my chosen job that popup in my mind already exist or not, but I know that among those millions of job exists that are IT related I can definitely say that the job description that I will develop is also related to some of those jobs. This is the job that I really want to be in the future and I think that this job fit for me. The job description that I would like to become in the future is… Software Developer!

This is one of my dreams that someday in the future I could develop my very own unique software that would help technological enhancement and can be useful in the future especially to IT world. I choose this kind of job I want to be in the future because I was amazed by different software exists nowadays, and how those things help me and everyone. I choose to become an educated IT person because I want to experience or want to know what is behind in the world of technology that is definitely a parner of our daily lives.

God Bless!

my blog: http://aerosusep.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://aerosusep.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)   Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs) Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignment 2 (Due: before July 09, 2009, 13:00hrs)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next